It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea to invade the United States?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
A new video game written by the author of Red Dawn plays with just that scenario.

About Homefront

The year is 2027. The world has suffered a decade-long energy crisis, and economies have crumbled. Reduced to a mere shadow of the super power it once was, the United States became the target of a North Korean takeover. American malls, suburbs and city streets are now battlegrounds as the civilian resistance fights for freedom. Featuring a compelling single player story crafted by John Milius (Apocalypse Now, Red Dawn), Homefront immerses gamers in an interactive and cinematic FPS experience where they will assume an infantry role or take command of a wide variety of aerial and ground vehicles. In addition to the single-player experience, Homefront will deliver a robust multiplayer experience. In a land stripped of freedom, the brave will fight for their home.

www.vg247.com...

Sign of the times? Hint of conspiracy? Capitalizing off of current events? The beginning of a new Cold War or at the very least a wave of new Cold War media reminiscent of the early 80's?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I wish they would invade the US. Well not really, but it would be fun picking off a bunch of North Koreans from my front porch. If I were a NK soldier and my leaders told me to invade the US, I would save everyone the trouble and shoot myself in the head on the way there.

[edit on 5/27/2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

Why not go to NK and help them do that right now?

Honestly, they seem to be running out of ideas for video games.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Good idea. Where do I sign up for the invade North Korea cruise.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Yep, running out of ideas for sure.
I wonder if this new video game has the sitting Prez cowering under the White House desk?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I would save everyone the trouble and shoot myself in the head on the way there.

The epitome of efficiency.

Even if somehow NK were able to detonate several nukes in out cities any attempt at invasion would just be sad. They're broke and starving.

How about an NK, Iran, Venezuela allegiance backed by Chinese finance and oil money?

If memory serves Red Dawn was a coalition of Venezuela, Mexico and Cuba backed by Russian financing. Details of the games full script are still unkown but I have to believe there is some other entity that is to be siding with NK.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
As a premise for a video game its absurd.

As a premise for a real world event, its absurd.

As a marketing tool playing on the current news stories, its genius.

Making money is the name of the game.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

I would save everyone the trouble and shoot myself in the head on the way there.

The epitome of efficiency.

Even if somehow NK were able to detonate several nukes in out cities any attempt at invasion would just be sad. They're broke and starving.

How about an NK, Iran, Venezuela allegiance backed by Chinese finance and oil money?

If memory serves Red Dawn was a coalition of Venezuela, Mexico and Cuba backed by Russian financing. Details of the games full script are still unkown but I have to believe there is some other entity that is to be siding with NK.

Well I would have to say that NK, Iran, Venezuela, and China would be nuked to hell and back if even one of our cities were nuked by them. C'mon. We invaded two countries because 3000 people died. We jumped in WW2 because 4000 people died. If a whole US city got wiped out they whole world would have just wrote a check and you know what part of their anatomy would have to cash it.

We are a country of people that would bring the MOAB to a knife fight.

[edit on 5/27/2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Hrmmmm . . . . I do not find any of it absurd.

That might just be me, though.

join