It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine flu: brace yourselves, next 48 hours.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Brace your selfs

Ok , this is an wierd thing, have a read .

Australians should brace for a spike in the number of swine flu cases across the country over the next 48 hours, Health Minister Nicola Roxon has warned.

However, Ms Roxon says there is no need for public alarm at this stage, with cases so far remaining mild.

There are a total of 61 confirmed cases of swine flu across Australia.33 in Victoria18 in NSW5 in Queensland3 in South Australia1 in the ACT1 in Western Australia

'' There are a total of 61 confirmed cases of swine flu across Australia.33 in Victoria18 in NSW5 in Queensland3 in South Australia1 in the ACT1 in Western Australia. ''

Are Australia more open for this Flu than other contries?
It seams there are much more 'activity' there then else where....

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
no Australia is not more "open" to the flu, its just some knuckle head in NSW thought it to be a great idea to let 2000 people from a cruise ship do self quarantine at home after knowing there was H1N1 on board before it docked.

Then to make matters worse - they let one of the 5 year olds that was confirmed with the flu, fly home to VIC with his parents.

one passenger, who was supposed to be at home under quarrantine, was interviewed by the media at a large shopping mall, and her excuse for not being home - "I do not feels sick, so I must not have it" (when I can find the link I will post it)

So after weeks of careful planning and putting all the stops into place to hold this off, we end up with this crap happening.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
oh I forgot

The 48 hour thing is because there are still cases pending from the cruise ship, and noting the let it sail with the crew and 2000 more people to QLD, I would expect more H1N1 to show up.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Hahaha, they 'want' this thing going around so they can sell all theyr vaccines, thats just great.

They need to make cash you know.
Here in norway there are or has been only three or four cases so far, but they sayd on the radio news last week it could have been in the spread for as long as two years befor the outbreak.
Dont know how true that is, but they sayd it for a reason...

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
'G'Day,
Pissed off!!
I just knew the government would let us down some how, The captain and crew knew they had it on board that ship and still they let all the people off to go and spread it all over Australia.

Hell, some got onto planes, trains, bus's, taxi's to go to there homes after what they thought was a nice holiday.

We know at least 3 of the crew members have the diseases, and now they quarantine the bloody thing, "shut the bloody gate after the PIG has bolted why don't you".....

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by LenGXV6
one passenger, who was supposed to be at home under quarrantine, was interviewed by the media at a large shopping mall, and her excuse for not being home - "I do not feels sick, so I must not have it" (when I can find the link I will post it)

I can only assume this... "PEOPLE ARE MORONS"!

Even now as I travel to and from work in Melbourne on the train, people are coughing in the open, or into a closed fist. What the? I feel like wringing their necks and yelling "cough into a freaking tissue or hanky! Are you completely stupid?"

There really is no need for this kind of selfishness and stupidity but I've come to expect no less from the general public.

IRM

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I see that around too, its like they dont pay any attanion at all.
What I fear in a minor way, is that this could turn into a scenario where big populated areas could be quarantined and mass-forced-vaccinated as an 'attempt' to stop the spread if this turns into an heavy pandemic situation. Lets not hope ...

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
Hahaha, they 'want' this thing going around so they can sell all theyr vaccines, thats just great.

They need to make cash you know.
Here in norway there are or has been only three or four cases so far, but they sayd on the radio news last week it could have been in the spread for as long as two years befor the outbreak.
Dont know how true that is, but they sayd it for a reason...

The thing I dont like about all of this is the words "compulsory vaccinations", which was advertised in one of our news papers today, and Victoria was calling it of course. But, I do not want that crap in my body, and sorry if I offend anyone.
But I have had all of the normal vaccinations and so have my children, but that was due to the fact I didnt know and understand the real story behind these things and even more especially with regards to my career choice at the time as vaccination was compulsory.
I have had the Flu vac and it made me so much sicker than if I had the flu I had to have time off. Currently my company offers free vacs and I have not ever and will never take one.
I dont understand my rights behind this, I know I can call religious beliefs, but you are so looked down on in society if you dont do this, and you can be ostracized, not good for the kids... well its a very difficult decision to make.
Generally I dont conform with a lot of what society has to offer, socially and belief wise. But this one is a whopper, even more so because I am with a company that I know will try and enforce this.
What do you do. I mean how many deaths have there been, last count I had was around 20 if not a bit more confirmed. This to me is not a pandemic..... it feels almost like they are trying their darnedest to instill fear (this may not be a "planned" stuff up) seeing that they are not succeeding in Oz with the normal scare tactics, got a good wind fall and are now trying to force more stuff down our throats.
Normally I would defend Australia and state that we normally dont put up with our Govs crap and wont allow them to force us into anything. But with the amount of publicity this is getting and the scare tactics they are using as the powers that be are grasping at straws, the main stream media sheeples are running scared (could be a good thing as it will cause some caution with regards to pers hygiene).
What do you do!

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

I had issues when Swine Flu first broke that Quarantine Measure were non existent.. now it seems they're putting a lot of energy into making sure there is no bloody protection at all. There should be a class action against the government, the air carriers and the like.

Connex (Victorian Metro Rail Transport Company) should be responsible and put posters throughout the trains reminding people of how NOT to spread their virus!

It seems capitalism and corporate profits are more important than the lives of citizens. If this escalates, I will not be going to work anymore.

IRM

[edit on 27/5/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
they are supposed to have them up by now, also should be hearing radio and seeing tv ads informing people of good sanitary practices. I know its on the radio in Perth, so I can only guess that it is being replayed around Australia.

The Federal Gov (I don't really trust them) did put a lot of work into getting measures into place quickly and quietly, as they are supposed to do, it sucks that those measures come to naught due to state gov not following procedures.

That ship should have been stood at anchor with inspectors and health officials going out to it. It should not have been allowed to dock. All personnel onboard should have been tested, and only after the results have confirmed should they allow to leave.

Question now is, Did the ship report to health before docking that they suspected cases of swine flu on board, and if not, why not, noting it is a quarantine offense now.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Best thing to do to really cut down on potential contamination?

If you have to go on train journey, with someone else, get them to start coughing and/ or sneezing , then turn and say to them " I knew we should have got Quarenteened after going to Mexico".
Watch how quick the carriage clears.
It worked for me and the wife, mind you I DID have a sombrero on as well.

Edited because I really need to know how to spell properly.

[edit on 27/5/09 by DataWraith]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I'm totally sick of hearing about this flu , use your common sense for gods sake.
It is no where near as big a deal as everyone is making it

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   

I hear ya'. Here in the USA .... I was at the grocery store a week or so ago. The fella stacking the produce let out a huge sneeze .. all over the blueberries and strawberries. He didn't cover up, didn't even look down, he just let it rip. He then continued stacking the berries ... no hand washing, no apologies, no taking the fruit away ....

TICKED ME OFF!

Originally posted by The_Seeker
The thing I dont like about all of this is the words "compulsory vaccinations", which was advertised in one of our news papers today,

Read my signature. Obama doesn't agree with 'selective vaccinations'.
It's going to be a thing of the near future.
World leaders forcing vaccinations.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Takka
I'm totally sick of hearing about this flu ,

It's just the beginning. In the fall when it mutates and takes hold,
you'll hear a lot more of it.

Hey ... so where exactly are you hearing so much about this flu?
The MSM has put a news cap on this. We hear NOTHING in the news.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Takka
I'm totally sick of hearing about this flu , use your common sense for gods sake.
It is no where near as big a deal as everyone is making it

No Big Deal!!!!
Have you had it, if you have let us know about it?

I go down like a bag of # with the normal flu and this one is worse, yer it's a Big Deal for me, I don't want it....

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Kernoonos

from what I've read that puts you in the "mild" category should you contract it.

those that have to worry are (me) people that generally don't get hit very hard by whatever happens to be circulating around.

strong immune system = strong reaction.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
How's that for a contradiction... "Brace yourselves!" "Oh, but don't panic."

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
preparation is not panic, by any means.

panic is what people who don't prepare will do when they realize that they should have.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

FF- I have to search every other country's news for news about the US- and I live here. The MSM here is pretending it's not happening, while China, Oz, etc., are quarantining and actually DISCUSSING it.

I don't agree with forced vaccines (and will fight someone-anyone who tries me) but I DO believe that it's critical to be aware of one's own health, self-quarantine, or expect the gov. to do it for you. Most people don't give a damn about others, or else countries wouldn't HAVE to impose quarantine. It's a round-robin, but I sympathise with governments that choose to limit entry, etc. The only problem is that we should have taken those measures a long time ago- it's out and everywhere. Whoever mentioned the barn door was exactly right.

I guess the US MSM and the US citizens would prefer ignorance. thank god some of us hold a different view.

Thanks for the info from Australia-I'll share anything I can find, as well, but the sources will mostlikely be international rather than domestic. How very 1918 of us- Wilson did a good job of censoring the media during WWI- howis that ANY different from today? Next thing I expect is an "un-american" activities group seeking out people who don't take the needle this fall....

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Dear friends in Australia-

I know I'm not meant to post remedies here- and mods- forgive me- but Slippery Elm is effective against flu. The sugar in it- D- Rhamnose- is an isomer that the human body does not use, and that causes the viral capsid to break apart.

It has been used for centuries by Native Americans, and by Anglo colonialists-

Look up the biochemistry- there are no side effects, except for very mild allergies in about 2% of those who use it- normally a hive or two.

I'm not a doctor, but a biochemist, so I can't say to take it. But I take it and it is PROVEN to inhibit influenza.

Be well and wishing you all the best of health!

C

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join