It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Over 200 killed' by Cyclone Aila

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   

'Over 200 killed' by Cyclone Aila

news.bbc.co.uk

More than 200 people have now been killed by Cyclone Aila which hit Bangladesh and the eastern Indian state of West Bengal, relief officials say.

They say that at least 500,000 people have been made homeless by the storm.

The situation is particularly grim in the Sundarbans, the mangrove forest and home of rare Bengal tigers, where thousands are stranded by flood waters.

Soldiers and border guards have joined relief efforts, but they are yet to reach some of the devastated areas.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.alertnet.org
www.nation.com.pk

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Mother EArth is not happy, she is clensing her self now, at least so it seems..
There are floodings and earthqukes all over and it is said to be worse before it gets better..

Let us join in prayers for all the people around the globe that are in these situations, apperantly this could spread world wide...

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
Mother EArth is not happy, she is clensing her self now, at least so it seems..

Hi Chem,

What makes you say this?

There have been much more tragic natural disasters in the past with a much higher body count. Don't get me wrong, this is a tragedy, but I am wondering why this one signals something specific when the scope is really not that grand.

I wish all the survivors the best, and hope the dead find peace.

- Lee

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
There was a cyclone Aila? You know what, everything in the world is starting to look just absolutely horrible right about now. I hope something positive comes about soon...

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Well, I see it with my own eyes, I can tell you about some thing that is wierd here at my place right now:

less than one hour ago, there was overcast and slight rain here, huge dark grey clouds and I was thinking , yea another rainy day.

But ca. 30 - 40 minutes ago it was sun and clear bue sky, I thought at that point , Yea sunshine but now it is over cast again and heavy winds, so things are in unbalance and I dont think people see the whole picture as much of it isnt in the media, and I think it is because then people would see that things are out of control and it is not in 20 years or 10 till the climate change will affect all of us, it has started to be visible and I think this summer is going to be one to remember, until next year when I feel it could get worse.. Just observations...

top topics

join