It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no intergalactic community.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
There are no Space Federations, Galactic Republics, nor Rebel Alliances. These ideas are not only fictions - they fail to accurately describe the true nature of intelligence in our universe. As a result, I hate to say it, but Dr. Michio Kaku’s theory on Civilization Types 1-3 is fundamentally wrong. Likewise SETI will fail to find highly advanced civilizations thriving anywhere in this universe.

Dr. Michio Kaku: 3 types of Extraterrestrial Civilizations

Before you judge my conclusion as heresy, please hear me out. There are indeed countless highly advanced communities existing ‘out there,’ however the nature of their existence is far different than we assume.

The transition from a Type-Zero civilization to a Type-1 civilization will be the result of the inevitable culmination of infinite technological progress referred to as a 'Singularity.’ Once the Singularity happens, infinite growth is reached. Within a very short amount of time (as a result of this exponential growth), the entire physical universe will be saturated with this new super-intelligence.

Intelligence will be more powerful than these impersonal forces (physics and cosmology). Once a planet yields a technology creating species and that species creates computation (as has happened here on Earth), it is only a matter of a few centuries before its intelligence saturates the matter and energy in its vicinity, and it begins to expand outward at the speed of light or greater. It will then overcome gravity (through exquisite and vast technology) and other cosmological forces (or, to be fully accurate, will maneuver and control these forces) and create the Universe it wants. This is the goal of the Singularity. –Ray Kurzweil

The Singularity scenario is so utterly explosive and powerful that the expansion of the growing intelligence will not only reach the speed of light, but will overstep this boundary by inducing quantum mechanics and relying on entanglement to almost instantaneously convert all ‘dead’ matter to conscious material.

Given the above scenario, one of two things await all successful species that reach this threshold of advancement.

The first is that this has already happened and the universe was long ago saturated with a previous post-singularity consciousness, and once we reach a certain level of advancement we will be absorbed (or will force our way) into the collective universal mind. This would explain the connection we feel with the universe – it is conscious, and it eagerly awaits our merger with it.

The second possibility is that all societies reaching Singularity gain the ability to actually leave the 3-Dimensional universe. This would explain why the visible universe is not already teeming with life. They've gone to higher (or simply other) states of being.

Assuming we can actually guess what a super-intelligent race would do, it's likely post-singularity societies opt to leave this 'intelligence breeding ground' (called the Cosmos) rather than taking on the mammoth task of colonizing it. It's possibly much simpler (and would require less energy) to slide into a parallel reality.

It's my opinion that life's purpose is to evolve towards (or revert) to a god-like state, not to stagnate in a cooling cosmos where entropy reigns supreme. Intelligence fights entropy by building upon itself and creating new states of connectedness, which is actually opposite to what the rest of the physical universe has been doing for billions of years (expanding, cooling…dissolving).

Perhaps this is why we're all stuck here wondering where everybody is - they're all far, far away (or possibly only inches away - in another reality), but they're there. We're actually in a cosmic womb right now, waiting to be born. This perspective inevitably leads one to believe that there is no intergalactic community, only scattered eggs of intelligence hatching throughout the universe, awaiting transcendence towards new states of being.

M-Theory allows many levels of existence. Quantum Theory allows many possible realities/timelines to coexist. Imagine if there was indeed any level of truth in either theory - then imagine merely choosing to remain within one's dimension of origin. Our assumption that all advanced intelligences choose to reside in (or cannot escape from) 3-dimensional space is flawed. A truly intelligent race would move on, as we will also more than likely do sometime this century.

So I say, forget about Type-2 and Type-3 Civilizations. The jump from Type-Zero to Type-1 will supersede all subsequent transition phases leading to the exploration (and possible creation) of countless other realms. I agree, it’s quite entertaining to think that a Star Trek future is really where we’re all headed, but wouldn’t you agree that this hypothesis is no less magnificent?

[edit on 26/5/09 by Evasius]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Very valid statement. Science as we know it today is getting closer and closer to proving and accepting the above points, im excited to see what new data the new super-collider yields.

hopefully you are correct and we are indeed approaching this phase and a civilization.

Thank you for sharing your viewpoint, S&F

[edit on 26-5-2009 by phi1618]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

Thanks for your reply. I do think we are approaching this culmination of advancement, and that it will happen fairly soon. As we get closer, our predicament becomes more and more precarious. Our very survival as a species will reach a tipping point that will result in either our end or a new beginning. As we become stronger technologically, we surprisingly are becoming more vulnerable to things like Earth changes, coronal mass ejections, self-destruction, etc.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
What's amazing about ats is hearing this exact thing said but in different words, and usually less clarity. The discussion of it on this site is a singularity of sorts as well, kinda. I've been reading the works of the pros, and it's like the knowledge of it when taken in baby steps becomes more clear. I get the feeling your post is a culmination of sorts; call it intuition. snf.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by heyo]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
This finally explains the lack of Christmas and Birthday Cards and Bar-b-que and social invitations!

All this time I thought it was just me they didn't like!

You can't blame me for being confused on this as my first infant memories were sitting in my play pen watching first run original Star Trek episodes that clearly stated ours was a Federation Planet.

Thank goodness Santa Clause is real though????

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

So do you think there's a chance that the ascension you speak of will occur in 2012, or will it be a slow gradual process?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I know there's so many other races out there in our local universe (and others). I do not see them as type 1, 2, 3 or whatever system that was invented to try and relate to this phenomenon.
I see the difference between races in the level of consciousness. All of creation stems from consciousness, all is consciousness. The higher the consciousness, the higher the technology, it goes hand in hand.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

In my other thread Timewave Zero - a closer look, I put forth the idea that 2012 represents a crucial tipping point in our evolution. My thoughts are based on Terence McKenna's work on Novelty Theory and his program, Timewave Zero.

The concept behind Timewave Zero is the mathematical understanding of history and it’s repeating patterns (called resonances) that relate to each other. The embedded, repeating fractal pattern repeats while progressively getting shorter and greater in intensity until an infinite point is reached in December of 2012.

What happens then is a mystery, but what is clear is that it will be the most important moment in human history and will be the deciding factor that will determine our success or failure as an ascending intelligent species.

Anyway, not to make this another timewave thread, but I do feel that time is approaching, and each decision we make as a collective prior to this singularity is unbelievably important when considering humanity's future.

[edit on 27/5/09 by Evasius]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by lagenese

I read somewhere that the "bad" ones need the technology to get the consiousness (or past the ____th dimension, if they are at all congruent). It may be that the consiousness we create or try to enforce on the ultimate singularity is a kind of God vs Satan thing; loosely described. The terra papers touch on this too, but in a different way. Like most religions teach love but in different ways. forgive my ramblings i'm just pretty stoked on this subject and how it was explained.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

You do not get consciousness with the help of technology. It's not the EGO that decides it wants consciousness. Consciousness is a natural step in human evolution. At the moment, most people on this planet are in an "involution" process....

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by lagenese
All of creation stems from consciousness, all is consciousness. The higher the consciousness, the higher the technology, it goes hand in hand.

I agree, it's all about consciousness. The mental aspect of our being is not bound by 3-dimensional space, and these boundaries can be physically broken given the proper technology. We will inevitably have that technology (given external forces allow our progress to continue). Those forces could be natural or otherwise.

I personally feel that most of the life that exists resides in other realms outside of 3D space. Obviously there can be others here along with us, but they have either not reached a sufficient level of advancement to leave completely, or they have chosen to remain only after exploring parallel realities.

Likewise, visitors from parallel realities could visit us...as with UFOs. Researcher Jacques Vallee put forth the idea in the 60's that UFOs were not interplanetary or intergalactic, but were in fact interdimensional.

[edit on 27/5/09 by Evasius]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
This article was just published a few days ago, and is similar to what is stated above:

Galactic Colonization Limited By The Inability To Expand Exponentially

...though I take it a bit further and state that exponential colonization is not necessary because we leave the universe prior to reaching this capability.

More on the subject:

Sustainability: The Clue That Could Solve Fermi's Paradox

[edit on 25/6/09 by Evasius]

new topics

top topics

join