It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by GreenBicMan
reply to post by whiteraven
Actually the asian markets ended up that day and hang seng was up 800 pts + the next day..
Makes me think it was a total non issue
Asian markets fall; Hang Seng drops 130pts
BS Reporter / Mumbai May 26, 2009, 14:24 IST
Asian markets ended in red today, with cautious investors waiting for the US markets to open after an extended weekend.
- Asian markets end up; Nikkei bucks trend
- Asian markets end in red; Hang Seng down 137pts
- Asian markets end in red on US economy worries
- Asian markets end flat; Hang Seng down 68pts
- Asian markets surge; Nikkei up 3%
- Indian Impact: Asian markets rebound, end up
The Hang Seng shed 130 points (1%) to 16,991. Japan's Nikkei was down 36 points to 9,310.
The Taiwan Weighted dropped 51 points (1%) to 6,683. The Seoul Composite declined 29 points (2%) to 1,371.
The Straits Times slipped 27 points (1%) to 2,240. The Shanghai Composite was down 21 points (1%) to 2,588.