It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas up 30 cents today....on our way to recovery!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Man, 30¢, that's crazy! Hopefully many people tanked up before it was too late!

This past Sunday, when I was walking to church, I walked by gas station and the price was something like 1.14€. Ninety minutes later, when I was walking home, I looked at the sign again and the price had gone up to 1.19€! Five cents in ninety minutes.

I'm thankful that my town is small enough that I don't need a car to go any where.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by baseball101
reply to post by David9176

I noticed this as well, filled up for $2.36 yesterday, woke up today and it was $2.65! I couldn't believe it. Is this the beginning of inflation?

Yes. It is.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut
I don't believe there is increased demand to support the increase in prices nor do I believe that the refineries are the problem. People are losing their jobs by the millions in this country, money is getting tighter and tighter and we are spending less on frivolous expenditures. Groceries, home improvement and survival are all doing extraordinarily well.

Connect the real dots to see the complete picture. There will be deliberate increased pressure put squarely upon every single aspect of our lives until we either break or fight back.

Sorry to disagree Hazelnut, but....

First I agree that prices are higher than demand would suggest, but I also think that someone is manipulating prices. I suspect it's someone on the commodities trading side of things. I stand 100% behind my comment about refining capacity, we have done zip in the way of increasing refining capacity, yet the demand has gone up (since the 70's). Yes certain companies (BP) are owners of the majority of the refining capacity and yes the same enviromental groups they support are the ones that have fought to block any new refineries being built. Look at who in washington BP and others are 'supporting' with donations.

I think we are both seeing were this is going I just think we disagree on the route the PTB are using to herd us to the destination.

I think part of the plan is to nationalize all the oil and gas companies and the easiest way is to destroy the little players. A lot of them are or will shortly be gone meaning that the explosion of smaller companies and trusts that came out of the last round of crazy pricing will be gone and the really huge players will get the assets cheaply at the expense of the little guys who owned stock in those companies and therefore funded the purchase of those assets.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I hate to say it but this has all been planned out in a way to completely destroy the middle class and what a better way then to take what most Americans rely on to get to and from work but gasoline. People need it. With the suburban lifestyle a lot of people travel 20 or 30 miles to get to work. Its a sad thing to see happening but it doesn't matter, everything has been planned out and we are just going to see things get worse and worse till barry says the only way to recover is to give up our constitution and welcome the NWO with open arms...

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Well $.30 is a tad insane for one day, but I wouldn't be the least surprised, as gas prices have risen close to $.25 in the last two days. Here in my So. Cal neck of the woods, gas prices are $2.65 for 87 octane.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Good thread man!! Gas is just sky rocketting and it is crazy. along with the price of everything going up it is only gonna get harder it seems. Lets crush the middle class down to the lower class. We can all share our cardboard boxes.

60 bucks a barrell at $2.69 a gallon at the pump now so if it went back the the high around 150.00 that would put us at roughly $6.00 a gallon wouldnt that be just super!!!

I am really getting tired of getting bent over and not even being offered a happy meal afterwords. *&^% this!

Just to add it actually isnt $2.69 in my area (Iowa) home of ethenol its about $2.24 for ethenol blend and $2.44 for regular unleaded.

[edit on 5/26/2009 by pcgeek]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
For what its worth when i first tuned 16 back in 1976 as soon as summer hit I left home.

I rode out to Red Dear Alberta and gas was somewhere around the 25 cent a Litre mark....

Bread was cheap.....

10/10/1975
One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest was best picture of the year, gas was 57¢ a gallon and a loaf of bread cost 28¢. Laverne & Shirley started their eight-year run on TV and Gunsmoke went off the air after nineteen years; kids were playing with Wizard of Oz Mego dolls, Hugo: Man of a Thousand Faces and the Game of Jaws; and folks were reading The Great War and Modern Memory, Ragtime, and A Dance to the Music of Time. That same week, the US decides that John Lennon won’t be deported due to UK pot conviction.

www.raptureready.com...

and I was making 8 dollars an hour hot roofing........living like a 16 year old king.

Now you need about 35 dollars an hour to live as I did when i first started working.

Maybe more...as my take home was good.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join