It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Bilderberg Stock Movements Raise Questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
To Mods: Im not sure where to put this. It could go in either Global Meltdown or NWO. If you feel it's better in another area feel free to move it I wont be angry.

The following come from our good friend QuestioningAll's new blog. I know a lot of us are fans of hers and she's recently decided to not post much on ATS anymore but I find this to be important as her findings are always important.

This is one of her blog posts: SherrieQuestioningAll

What is going on? Insider/Insider Trading? Why is Greenberg Former CEO of AIG selling his 12.9 million shares in one go?

Why is the former CEO of AIG selling all his 12.9 million shares in one package to a company he controls? What does he know, others do not? He is selling it to Starr International which has 205.8 million shares of AIG already. Hank Greenberg controls the company and those who are lucky enough to be part of the "elite" group of Starr International (about 80 people) are the "elite" of the world, but they never dare question what Hank Greenberg does. Greenberg ran AIG for 37 years. Why would he sell his shares to a corporation? Is it so exposure to a bankrupcy is lessened, by the stocks being under a corporation? I find this interesting, I would also bet, Greenberg will never be investigated by the SEC for insider trading either, since the SEC has seemed to let companies go unchecked (Madoff etc), though they have known irregular trades have gone on in the past.

I wonder if Greenberg was part of the Bilderberg meeting which just happened in Greece?

I also wonder what some of the Bilderberg people are doing in their financial dealings, are many of them moving assets and selling stocks as Greenberg is doing?

To me, this means something is coming down the line in the near future which will not go over well for the public as a whole. Are all the elite getting rid of their stocks in companies?

People need to be aware of what the "elite" are doing, to basically follow their lead, as they know and control events that are happening.

It is a great point. Why are the Elite suddenly moving all of their stocks into different things? There must be something we dont know...

Is this connected to their plans for the USD?

I want to hear your thoughts on this. Is there something we here on ATS are missing?

[edit on 5/26/2009 by Tentickles]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
There's more too. Check this out. Starr International, the company that is buying all this stock, has a private partnership with AIG and they invest money for AIG executives.

In an annual ritual, an elite group of executives and retirees of insurance behemoth American International Group, Inc. files into a giant boardroom here, some traveling from as far away as Japan or Europe. They each pick up an envelope with their name on the front and a single sheet of paper inside.

It's a two-line entry: how many preferred shares the recipient got that year in a private partnership called C.V. Starr & Co. that invests money for favored AIG executives -- and how much their previous stake's value climbed in the year. The chairman of C.V. Starr, Maurice R. "Hank" Greenberg, usually gives a quick update of the business, an insurance agency launched decades ago by AIG's founder, Cornelius Vander Starr

Okay now, you really must read the whole article I've linked to full understand what's going on, but there's more.

See, all these Starr companies? Created by Cornelius Vander Starr.

He also created AIG.

When he died, Greenberg was the executor for his estate. He sold Starr's shares of AIG and the various Starr companies to Star International (SICO). Which was owned and controlled by Greenburg. (Btw, SICO is worth more than 20 billion dollars)

With that in mind, read this from the article:

So, let me tie this all together for you. The shares once held by AIG founder Cornelius Van Der Starr were purchased by Starr International and related companies (SICO). SICO is the holding company for the assets held in trust by the Starr Trust and C.V. Starr and Trust, Inc. If you get picked to be a beneficiary of the Starr Trust, you have a retirement payout worth millions or billions. Not only that, but who becomes a beneficiary, and the amount by which one benefits, seems to be somewhat arbitrary. That allows those who control SICO and the Trust a lot of discretion to move money around.

So, while the press and the President were howling about bonus payments worth hundreds of thousands of dollars, or maybe millions, the members of the club, that group of "insider" insiders beholden to the Starr trusts, were on the receiving end of many millions, and maybe billions.

I wonder if they had a good laugh

And now, most importantly, listen to this:

Now, Greenberg is moving to consolidate all the AIG shares he controls into a single vehicle, Starr International Co. Is he preparing for a bankruptcy play? Some sort of proxy fight? Is he using the assets of Starr International to cash out at a supported price? The deal guarantees him the greater of $1.25 per share price or the closing price on the day immediately prior to the day of the sale.

One thing is for sure, nobody moves this many shares and this much money around just for the heck of it.

firedoglake.com...

Edit: oh foo, forgot the link

[edit on 26-5-2009 by Jadette]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I've heard through the grape vine that mid August-September trading will have people losing it all, including their minds. Needless to say I'm tempted to unload every security I hold and enjoy those losses for the more gainful times thereafter. I don't know what to do. For once I am completely without a gut feeling.

It's that lack of a gut feeling that got me really worried as I usually can feel a general trend in the works. I have to ask, will the markets even exist soon?
No feeling = no market? I really wish I knew.

Thanks for raising the topic. More discussion needed for sure, especially from experienced traders.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

It came to me a while back that the Bilderberg group served as an insider trading working group for the elite.

Although if they really do set policy for governments and multinationals they must already know. It would be amazing to know in detail what the Bilderbergers do with respect to their equity investments after their meetings, truly amazing!

Kiwifooy

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
What really gets me is that this should be illegal. It's not illegal (gee wonder why) but I know it should be.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I don't understand how it can't be illegal, but I guess finance works differently on those levels, sort of like trying to compare quantum physics with the standard fair. I mean if we sorted and managed our monies like the big tycoons do, we'd all be in jail.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Excellent find... Now we need to research who was at Bilderberg and watch what they do with their stocks. (I'm not sure how easy this is?)

They can hide what they say in their meetings but they can't hide when they sell stocks.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SharkBait

It's pretty hard to find as most companies keep this information on the down low until many months after it has occurred.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
It is not uncommon for people in high positions of large corporations to receive "option packages" for compensation. That just means the Board gives them free stock, then they sell the stock. It's just another way for them to get paid. This is not at all uncommon.

This is an article from 06, which might help you understand what I'm talking about.

Here's an example from Monsanto's CEO doing the same thing on February 17, 2009:

Name: GRANT HUGH N
Title: Chief Executive Officer
Remaining Shares: 526,185
Trade Date: 02/17/09
Transaction: Exercise
Quantity: 150,000
Price: $20.81
Value: $3.12 Mil

Name: GRANT HUGH N
Title: Chief Executive Officer
Remaining: Shares 526,185
Trade Date: 02/17/09
Transaction: Sold
Quantity: 150,000
Price: $76.46
Value: $11.47 Mil
Source

You'll see a lot of top CEO's do the same thing. They receive free/cheap shares from the Corporation (as a form of compensation), then immediately sell them, take the profits and put them in a hedge fund, where they'll grow much faster than if they were to remain in the stock.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Wow, I can't believe that never hit me until just now...watching the Bilderbergers financial moves in the weeks and months right after their meetings. But as others have mentioned, this seems to be a difficult task with all the hush-hush going on the financial industry. Thanks for sharing the blog tip!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
A little poking around and I found this

STARR INTERNATIONAL CO INC: Declared Holdings

29-May-07 - $71.77 per share.

16-Mar-09 - $0.80 per share

biz.yahoo.com...

hmmm

new topics

top topics

join