It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Vehicle Owner, You've Been Randomly Selected

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

I can't find anything wrong with your logic except my personal experience with the law and courts in general. I am not in the financial postition to do anything about it. I'm one person without the higher education, financial means, or intellectual fortitude to go it alone against the State or insurance conglomerate. But I get what you mean.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmatty
I got one of these like 4 years ago, in Ohio. As they says randomly selected my @#$. I got this 2 weeks after I had a 7 day lapse with my policy. I lost my license for 120 days and had to pay $125 to be re-instated. Then for the next 2 years I was required to maintain insurance or face some stiffer penalties.

Wow. That really sucks. I don't know about Ohio, but in Texas, you are only required to have insurance on a car if it is being driven. If it is not being driven, no need for insurance. If you go in to get your license renewed, you have to show proof of insurance or sign an affidavit stating you don't have a working vehicle that you drive.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiloke

Thanks for your helpfulness. I already searched and posted my finding way up there near the beginning of the thread.

From Lawriter: codes.ohio.gov... ends at 4501.099 which was reapealed in 2004. No info given on 4509.101 at this site.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Just a FYI for anyone interested, i stumbled upon this site a few days ago.
still checking it out, thinking of trying it for a van i just bought to use for camping ect. this summer.

$10 a month liability car insurance. Any car any state.
ppcindustriesonline.com...

Its only state min. required, so get into a wreck and you may be screwed but should cover what the state requires and keep them off your back.

May save a few butts.

I've got the other cars through gieco, but i hate paying all that cash for nothing.. i'm pushing 45 and yet to have a wreck, claim or anything.
All that cash all these years and not even a kiss or a xmas card.
What a waste of cash.

Insurance is the biggest scam out there.. what a rip off.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
How awful and invasive. Really, what next? I don't care what 'safety' measures they are trying to take. Sounds suspicious and downright obnoxious.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut

I can't find anything wrong with your logic except my personal experience with the law and courts in general. I am not in the financial postition to do anything about it. I'm one person without the higher education, financial means, or intellectual fortitude to go it alone against the State or insurance conglomerate. But I get what you mean.

This is the reason why we are seeing the systematic dismantelling of the middle class, so that people feel as you do.

to make waves, to make a difference, you have to sacrifice. Otherwise, open your door and let them in. Those are the only two choices.

It does not take money to defend your constitutional rights. What it takes is time to understand what those rights are, and the fortitude to stand up and declare that you wont allow them to be taken away.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I don't like hearing what you are saying because you are right. I will take the easy way out because I did follow the law and purchase the required insurance. I will also think long and hard about my so called viewpoint taking into consideration that I could make a fight out of it if I was outraged enough.

Letting someone else take the lead would be my preference. I would love to have someone like you coaching me through it if I thought I could make a difference. Doesn't it come down to picking the battles you can win?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Go to the DMV in your area with the letter and the proof and show them. They can easily record it on your record. They can also give you a ticket number to send if it is truely a legal claim.
You really shouldn't be sending that info to anyone sending out a "copied letter". They have machines in every state that stamp the seal on every legal letter/notification copied or not.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut

I don't like hearing what you are saying because you are right. I will take the easy way out because I did follow the law and purchase the required insurance. I will also think long and hard about my so called viewpoint taking into consideration that I could make a fight out of it if I was outraged enough.

Letting someone else take the lead would be my preference. I would love to have someone like you coaching me through it if I thought I could make a difference. Doesn't it come down to picking the battles you can win?

How do you know if you can or can't win a battle if you never fight it? Aren't there some battles that even getting a little light shown on the subject is a victory, regardless of your personal position?

I would LOVE to be able to come and fight this for you. However, for this country to pull itself out, you can't lean on others to fight your battles. Everyone has their battles to fight-you have to be willing to step up when your time comes.

That being said, U2U me with a little more info on the subject, and I will see what I can do about getting the fight rolling.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Sounds like this could be a scam.
In Michigan, we can't get a vehicle registered or get a new drivers license without showing proof of insurance.

I'd go down to the Department of motor vehicles in your state and show the letter to them. If they say it's legit, you should be able to just show them your insurance and clear it up right there.

But seriously, sounds like it might be a scam. Don't send in ANYTHING without first checking it out thoroughly.

Also thanks for bringing this to our attention and let us know how it turns out. If it is a scam, it's a new one so we'll all get a heads up thanks to you

Star and flag for the possible importance of this thread

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I am so glad I live in Washington state. Even though I have insurance , I would not want to have to randomly prove any insurance unless I were pulled over for breaking any law.

Your only recourse is to.
A: Pay all fines or prove yourself innocent.
B: Move out of state.

I don't believe many would move out of state, so I guess you are screwwed.
I am sorry about your situation.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Send em your information imbedded in a nice box of dog poop.

If it is a scam....they will have to REALLY want your info.

If it is legit....they will have to REALLY want your info.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
Just a FYI for anyone interested, i stumbled upon this site a few days ago.
still checking it out, thinking of trying it for a van i just bought to use for camping ect. this summer.

$10 a month liability car insurance. Any car any state.
ppcindustriesonline.com...

Its only state min. required, so get into a wreck and you may be screwed but should cover what the state requires and keep them off your back.

Make sure they are licensed to sell insurance in your state.

As far as i can tell PPC industries in not licensed to do business in calif.

Also they do not have any business address on the web site and that is a red flag of a scam site.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I had broad form and when I moved, the new state I went to, the agent asked if I owned a car. I answered yes.

He said if I own a car I can't get broad form because the car itself needs to be insured if you are the owner.

At the time, I drove hundreds, if not thousands of different vehicles and never knew what I would be driving next, (except for the Gov't's new fleets when arrived).

I thought it was BS.
So, I got a deal attaching auto to home insurance.

About a year later, I went in to add a vehicle I purchased, and the agent I dealt with before was no longer employed there.

The new agent pulled my file and his eyes bulged and his jaw hit the floor.

He asked...no...rather, he exclaimed, "How did you get such a low rate?"
I told him it was attached through homeowners and discounted.

He said he never saw a rate that low before.

Two weeks later, I received a letter from the agency stating that my policy would not be renewed due to the agency no longer using the particular insurer, and I would need to start a new policy through another insurer they still wrote for.

I went in to their office and the best rate they could now offer was 3 times my old rate.

I called the insurer and they would not bypass the agent.

I went shopping and found a better rate elseware. Only 2.5 times my previous rate.

In the meantime, I had a ryder on my commercial insurance to act as broadform, but only if it was business related. My woman was also on the policy.
We were test driving a car I was going to buy her, and got pulled over.
The insurance card I received from the commercial agent had no start and expire dates and we were ticketed.

Subsequently, I received a revised card with dates and an affidavit that we were insured at the time of the ticket.

We went to the courthouse and presented the documents and the ticket was dropped...in lieu of a 50 dollar fee for THEIR troubles.

I tossed them their cookie and shook my head on the way out.

I made a stink with the agent and got a 50 dollar credit on my premiums, but then, they told me the agent who got me to use their plan was wrong, fired him and increased my premiums so they were now higher than the agency I left for the savings.

I argued that I switched because of the rate and they said the insurer would not relent and it was an error.

I quit them, and got another agency to insure me.

A year later, I did not get an updated policy notification for the new year.
I called them and they said they didn't know I held a policy with them because a few monthe earlier, they had an office fire and all their files were destroyed.

In addition, the insurer attempted to charge a late fee because they never followed up on the new year policy.
I had to do their jobs and finally got credited. It's like a slick used car salesman at the ringling brothers and barnum & bailey circus show for insurers to milk the mandatory laws and revised policy to suck every drop of loot they could.

Then, they followed the credit card issuers by changing policy, rates, etc...including fees charged between statements that were not known until weeks later. (I wrote a letter asking what their company paid the architect of these vulturous tactics...but in harsher scribe)..the sneak attack charges were reversed.

Me one...them...billions and billions.

And after milking the bonus out of their own companies and insuring real toxicities, they get the good ol' boys now working for the government to bail /prop and lie for/about them and their state of affairs to insure solvency in reports and accounting practises.

The cycle is a repetitive orgy of monitary gang rape and, just as in the end of other sovergnties, will only end after the last act of destruction.
Pilfering the treasury.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
UPDATE - The letter was legitimate apparently.

On June 1, 2009 I received an OHIO BUREAU OF MOTOR VEHICLES RANDOM SELECTION ACKNOWLEDGMENT NOTICE.

Dear Vehicle Owner:

The Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles has received documentation showing your compliance with Ohio's Financial Responsibility Law regarding referenced Ohio license plate number #######. The information provided was satisfactory and no suspension will be established.

I wish to thank you for responding to our request for this information. We apologize for any concern or inconvenience this request may have caused you. Our request for information is intended to help identify Ohio vehicle owners who may be operating a motor vehicle without the proper liability coverage, thereby reducing your risk of being involved in an accident with an uninsured motorist.

It is important that everyone understand the purpose of Ohio's Financial Responsibility Law and the positive impact this law has had in protecting individuals from uninsured motorists. Once again, thank you.

Sincerely,

REGISTRAR

And now I can safely motor around town confident that if I am involved in an accident with an uninsured motorist, my insurance rate will go up. Way to go Ohio! I feel so much safer now.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join