It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN condemns North Korean nuclear test

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

UN condemns North Korean nuclear test

news.yahoo.com

The United Nations swiftly condemned North Korea for its test of a powerful nuclear bomb, and South Korea announced Tuesday it would join a U.S.-led initiative to intercept ships suspected of spreading weapons of mass destruction.

Russian officials said the nuclear bomb that the North detonated underground Monday was comparable to those that obliterated Hiroshima and Nagasaki, raising fears that the communist country could spread such technology abroad.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Not surprised to see this in the news. It's bound to happen.

The UN has had it's feelings hurt and now is going to put sanctions on North Korea. Which isnt going to stop them from continued testing. You know it, I know it, the world knows it...

I think it's time for a new approach don't you?

news.yahoo.com

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

UN Resolution 1718 was already in place. NK has been under UN sanctions for several years now as well as trade embargoes on materials and information that could be used for military-industrial enterprises.

Resolutions won't make any difference.

China will complain, but will not let its 'neighbor' come under any foreign domination.

Since China, Russia and NK all seek to assist Iran, Syria and India in acquiring military technology, they all have a vested interest in keeping up appearances but maintaining the status quo.

Unless Israel or S. Korea act "unilaterally," I can't see anyone making an offensive move except the North Koreans, themselves.

That is a distinct possibility. Could be Joe Biden's predicted 'test' of Obama.

jw

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles

Not surprised to see this in the news. It's bound to happen.

The UN has had it's feelings hurt and now is going to put sanctions on North Korea. Which isnt going to stop them from continued testing. You know it, I know it, the world knows it...

I think it's time for a new approach don't you?

news.yahoo.com

Yeah, but, what about Gaza and the genocide taking place there? Why no outcry for what? It is okay to threaten and kill some, but others are off limits? Does not sound too..."Humanitarian" does it?

top topics

join