It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we have a 9-11 holiday?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I personally like the idea of a 9-11 holiday. We need to have a holiday to remember the tragedy. It seems like our Presidents, and, we, seem to remember it every year so deeply. Regardless of truth... or what truth there is or not truth there is of it being an inside job... government or not it was the most devastating attack on our nation since Pearl Harbor.

I think that we should have a holiday so younger people can learn about the tragedy who didn't grow up in our times we were in. I feel old now. I remember watching the planes smashing into the twin towers... or something like that it was announced for people to turn the TVs on or something... the events are fuzzy for me... but I think we should all have some way of passing on our memories to the younger generation. Rather than teach them to live in fear of terrorism we should teach them that we can overcome anything.

We have reason to do so. We are fully capable of anything, as, human beings are to overcome any obstacle. Children shouldn't live in fear of the events that will happen after 9-11. And, children shouldn't be left in the dark as to why things are happening... conspiracies aside... I think children ought to have a right to know what happened on that day. It shouldn't be partisan or anything. Children need to learn what happened from that day and after. So the memories pass on... so it doesn't become lost in our past and we forget about it. I think I would like the idea of a 9-11 holiday... a day of national remembrance... not for nationalism... no... but just to remember the events on those days.

Of course, I am aware that politicians could exploit it for nationalistic purposes. But, these are just my thoughts.

My fellow Americans... what do you think? Should we have a 9-11 holiday?

Foreigners here can participate in this discussion here too. I would like to know your thoughts. I think we should have a national day of remembrance-- not for nationalism-- but to pay tribute to those who died on that day.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

9/11 had a huge impact on my life. For example, I would likely not even know or care about ATS if 9/11 never happened. I think 9/11 had a huge impact on everyone who lived through it. I do think it deserves a holiday.

I think it should go up for vote whether we allow our public servants to take the day off on that day and also whether to call it a national holiday.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

A good idea, it will give all those b@#&*%s that were guilty of complicity in the attacks a yearly reminder of how evil they are, because I'm guessing they don't have functioning consciences to do the job!

And a good way of getting 911 truth out there.

And a good way of respecting the heroes that lost their lives that day.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

I couldn't have said it better myself.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Another day off for Federal Employees? They have too many already.

Definately a day of Remembrance, like D-Day, Pearl Harbor Day, Flag Day, but not a Holiday.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Oh great, another paid holiday so we can all go to the beach, fishing, camping or whatever fun time, to get the world out of our minds for a few days.

We have enough of this already.
How many people even know what Memorial day is all about?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I already thought there was a national holiday to remember what happened on 9/11.

I thought it was called Independence Day.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Does the date of Pearl Harbor have a holiday? How about the D-Day invasion?

I wonder if we should make one dedicated to us dropping two atomic bombs in WW2.....

No, 9/11 shouldn't be a holiday. Holiday means celebrating, what would we be celebrating exactly?

A 9/11 memorial day yes.....but nothing to drastic. Also, I doubt anyone can forget it...they may be over it, like I am..but def not forgetting it.

The media will also make sure those images will always be scarred into our minds.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I own calenders that are already calling it "Patriot Day".

Matter of time.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I can't believe this idea... I'm sorry...

Having done so much research on this topic over the past few years, there are just too many gaping holes in the 'official story' for it to be plausible (for me - I'm not trying to convince anyone here asunder from your own beliefs on the matter).

This is precisely the sort of action that will mean the truth will never come out. Keeping it in the minds of people as a national day of mourning will see it emerge as the Holocaust of the new generation - it will become too sacrasant to be questioned (again - I'm not saying we need to question the Holocaust here, but I'm not sure there needs to be laws against it).

Just my two cents...

top topics

join