It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man pushes would-be suicide jumper off bridge because he was taking too long

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by On the level

I'm sorry for the lack of input here but I laughed so hard I nearly spit drink out all over my keyboard.

That is how it should go down right there.

lol

Star and Flag for you.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
You know, all I have seen on this thread is how he was being selfish, be it he was holding up traffic or that he is an attention seeker. But you all fail to realize the REAL people who this impacts the most.......The guys who have to clean that mess up!!!
Someone said that he should have grabbed him?!?!?!?! Are you kidding? Did you see the steel beam they were sitting on?!?!?! If he would have grabbed him then they both (most likely) would have fallen. I say give this man a medal, although if it were the US he would only be sued by the guy whose life he just saved for undue pain and suffering.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Aaaaaaaaaaand heres the video. Action starts at one minute.

They probably hurt his spine even more moving him around like that at the end.

"Oh hey guy how are you, having a super day? Take my hand and we'll get off this nasty bridge - gaaaah siiike!" -Cue keyboard cat-

[edit on 25-5-2009 by NateNute]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The ONLY reason I got a chuckle out of this is because the would-be suicide victim is still alive.
I can relate to the frustration of the guy who pushed him.
Don't know if that would've been my own personal solution to the problem though.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
I'm actually amazed you guys all thought that was funny. This wasn't the comics, but real life. And I'm amazed that it was half tolerated that someone has the right to push someone off the bridge for holding up traffic, due to being selfish enough to be breaking down in the is NAZI WORLD.

I guess many people have been trained well.

Heck yeah...

What amazes me is how people who want to die decide it's all right to get everyone involved in it...

You want to kill yourself fine.... go take care of it alone... don't involve anyone else...

because it truly is the most selfish act ever.

Suicidal people get on my last nerve... especially the one's which aren't sure...

JUMP ALREADY!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
more and more people are loosing hope. today the previous south korean PM has commited suicide as well.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
He was there for the attention, and nothing more. So how is that not selfish? If he really wanted to kill himself, he would have just done it without all the fanfare, without the crowd.

Those who whine and cry that they are going to kill themselves are the last people who will actually do it. They just want people to beg them to live. Pathetic and disgusting.

So go ahead and laugh, people. I know I am. Give the pusher a medal, a key to the city, and hell, give him a cape! He earned it.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
This has got me thinking...

A great terrorist plot might use several fake jumpers in strategic areas of the city in order to draw police and public attention to them, whilst cohorts perpetrate atrocities elsewhere.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by mystiq
I'm actually amazed you guys all thought that was funny. This wasn't the comics, but real life. And I'm amazed that it was half tolerated that someone has the right to push someone off the bridge for holding up traffic, due to being selfish enough to be breaking down in the is NAZI WORLD.

I guess many people have been trained well.

Heck yeah...

What amazes me is how people who want to die decide it's all right to get everyone involved in it...

You want to kill yourself fine.... go take care of it alone... don't involve anyone else...

because it truly is the most selfish act ever.

Suicidal people get on my last nerve... especially the one's which aren't sure...

JUMP ALREADY!

Murder is more selfish than suicide.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Wasn't much of a fall, plus there was a thing to land on,

Maybe he was an undercover cop.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

This has got me thinking...

A great terrorist plot might use several fake jumpers in strategic areas of the city in order to draw police and public attention to them, whilst cohorts perpetrate atrocities elsewhere.

I would think there would be procedures in place that put a depressed jumper pretty low on the scale... At least I hope so! It might delay response times a little but probably not enough to make much difference, espically considering you would be dealing with ruthless terrorists who probably have a few things just sitting around the living room that would explode or something - something of that scale would defiantly tie up resources.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

I'm talking 10 -30 jumpers all across the city... sure it's low on the priority list when something else is happening, but nothing would be at first... Not until a sufficient number of first responders and the public attention has been drawn toward these "jumpers".

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
This suicide is selfish line really grinds my gears to no end,but ill restrain myself.And as others have pointed out,a depressed mind is a confused, foggy one.No telling what the guy was thinking so a tad presumptious to say he was doing this or that.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

What murder? Who's talking about murder?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
This suicide is selfish line really grinds my gears to no end,but ill restrain myself.And as others have pointed out,a depressed mind is a confused, foggy one.No telling what the guy was thinking so a tad presumptious to say he was doing this or that.

I don't care how foggy one's mind is. The moment someone thinks their life is more important than rush hour traffic they lose all respect from me.

IF they don't appreciate their life... why should I?

Suicide should be treated as if the person doesn't exist in my opinion. The moment someone says "I'm going to kill myself" then they no longer exist...

I typically say "Cool I've never seen anyone kill themselves before... can you let me know when?"

Other than that, I could care less, because God only helps them who help themselves, otherwise he could care less.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Combatmed1
Someone said that he should have grabbed him?!?!?!?! Are you kidding? Did you see the steel beam they were sitting on?!?!?! If he would have grabbed him then they both (most likely) would have fallen.

Uhhhh....sweetie...in case you are NOT aware modern homosapiens have come out with things called "harnesses". The police could have used one to protect themselves.

IF they don't appreciate their life... why should I?

Suicide should be treated as if the person doesn't exist in my opinion. The moment someone says "I'm going to kill myself" then they no longer exist...

Yeah you seem to have an unreasonable hatred towards those that contemplate suicide. It is consistent in all posts that involve the topic.

I think suicide can be dignified and it is in fact a PERSONAL choice. The key word being personal, get a hotel room, don't be doing it on an overpass (sort of like sex, keep it private, and if you want to take it public use a video camera but don't force the public at large to watch it, or wait on it, unwillingly).

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Sonya610]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons

I disagree that it is presumptuous to assume his motives: he was claiming that he was going to kill himself, and yet five hours later he hadn't done it yet. I don't think it is too far out there to say that if he truly wanted to die, he would have done it. Instead he put on a show.

Honestly, if rescue workers stopped dealing with these people, the attempted suicide rates would disappear into nothing. The next time someone calls for emergency assistance claiming they are going to kill themselves, tell them to go right ahead, a clean up crew will be dispatched later on.

Dimes to dollars, people would stop these lame shows if we stopped giving them attention.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

I agree... and you are right. I do have a hatred toward the suicidal who are attention seekers.

I have no problem with people who want to go away quietly and destroy themselves. I think it is a personal decision and one which the gov should not outlaw.

I do however feel that once it's taken into the public forum they become a complete nuisance and in my opinion are now moving from a personal decision to a completely selfish act which I have no time for.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

I thought it was great. One of the funniest things I have ever heard. Those Chinese. We could learn from them. I think the guy that pushed him should get a medal. Think how many tax dollars he saved.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The "murder" would be if and when the would-consider-suicide-guy is pushed or pulled in this hypothetical case to his death by the then murderer guy.He would have on his conscience that he did free up the trafic,but now has the friends' and families' of his victim loss to consider.And as it was a back flip,it was a pure chance his actions were fatal or paralyzing or not or even if the falling guy could have held on and pulled 'em both over.Reckless disregard.Well done though,and not without a HUGE element of humor in this tragi-comedy we call life where some times the joke is on us.He'll have lots of laughs about it while in jail,cause they will charge him is my guess.BTW the handshake grab is a taught technique.He didn't just make that move up on the spot.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join