It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starbucks explosion? NYC?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
According to twitter feeds, A loud explosion had been heard

Heard a loud explosion at around 3:30 am @ 96 and 3rd. Walking my dog @ 6 and found my local Starbucks had been bombed
by a member of the public.

The police department are looking for a man that was believed to have left a device outside Starbucks

PD looking for the person who left the device outside of the Starbucks. The explosion took place on a bench outside of the store.

There is no reports of injuries, as im sure it would have been closed, But a story to watch to see how it develops,

If anyone has more on this please add,

Thanks

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Can't find a lot about it?

here is an article though...

www.tradingmarkets.com...

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Guardian

An explosion has shattered the windows of a Starbucks coffee shop in New York City, but no injuries are being reported.

New York Police Department Lt. Mike Wyosokowski says police are trying to determine what caused the blast early Monday morning at the intersection of 92nd Street and Third Avenue on Manhattan's Upper East Side. He says the explosion occurred at around 3:30 a.m.

The coffee shop was closed at the time.

The city has experienced other predawn explosions in recent years at the British and Mexican consulates and at a military recruiting station in Times Square.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Wouldn't it be funny if it was just an accidental explosion and the 'person' who was believed to leave the device was actually just the guy with his dog, posting on twitter?

Funny to me.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
TV News is reporting it across the bottom of their ticker. That's it though. I'm wondering if it was just human error in the shop and nothing 'terrorist' related? Other than the ticker on the bottom of the screen ... no info.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I think that guy was on a caffeine buzz. Starbucks coffee isn't even that great...but I like their tea lattes.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
Starbucks coffee isn't even that great...but I like their tea lattes.

I go for Dunk'n Donuts. Decaf. And I always put my own nutmeg in.
Also - WAWA coffee. It's just a run-of-the-mill quickie mart, but man
they have good coffee.

Starbucks tastes like mud to me. blah!

And it's definately overpriced.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by spines
Wouldn't it be funny if it was just an accidental explosion and the 'person' who was believed to leave the device was actually just the guy with his dog, posting on twitter?

Funny to me.

So i'm just this guy walking my dog right? When I get to starbucks, and my dog has a poop. I see I forgot my pooper scooper, so i try to pick it up with my hands. It fell out of them an im like AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHH

So I'm just this woman walking home from work right? When I see some guy outside Starbucks with an attack dog, He's fiddling with something when all of a sudden he drops it and shout AAAAAALLAAAAAHHHHHHHHH. I ran home.

So I'm just this Starbucks right, surrounded by crazy people high on caffeine. When all of a sudden some guys dog poops in front of me. I couldn't believe it, I was so angry I burst my windows.....

See how simple it is for Starbucks to be so raged to blow itself up?? LOL

How long before this was "another cell" with limited experience in NYC?? Could be the same crazies that left a pipe bomb outside some police place a few years back??

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Police Investigate Explosion At NYC Starbucks

NEW YORK (CBS) ―

Officials tell CBS station WCBS-TV it wasn't a bomb that went off, but an improvised explosive device.

The device was planted on a bench outside the Starbucks on 92nd Street and Third Avenue.

The blast shattered one window and cracked another, but caused no damage inside the coffee shop. No injuries were reported.

Link to news video

[edit on 5/25/09 by makeitso]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

What exactly is the difference between an IED and a bomb? Why do they find the need to make that correction? Are IED's scarier now because that's what "terrorists" use in Iraq?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by laiguana
Starbucks coffee isn't even that great...but I like their tea lattes.

I go for Dunk'n Donuts. Decaf.

Why decaf? Somehow defeats the purpose of having a coffee.

OnTopic: perhaps it was just another disappointed Starbucks (*$) customer?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by moniker
Why decaf? ?

Heart issues. Caffine is something that people with heart issues can't deal with. Also ... caffine increases severity and number of breast cysts in some people.

Honestly - Starbucks is too expensive and it tastes lousy. IMHO

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Hmm well in my search to see if there was a reason that Starbucks may have been a target i came across a recent article from may 10th, A mayday protest that 1000's of workers marched through Manhattan demanding Starbucks boss's to treat workers with more respect,

link

Has to make you wonder.. I'm pretty sure there must be a connection here,

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Update

NYC explosion linked to movie 'Fight Club'

NEW YORK, July 16 (UPI) -- A 17-year-old boy preoccupied with the movie "Fight Club" has been charged with setting off a homemade bomb outside a New York coffee shop, police say.

top topics

join