It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kuwait: 18 swine flu-infected US troops have left

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Kuwait: 18 swine flu-infected US troops have left

my.earthlink.net

KUWAIT CITY - Eighteen U.S. soldiers infected with swine flu have recovered after treatment on an American base in Kuwait and left the country, a Kuwaiti health official said Sunday.

"They were treated and they have fully recovered," said Youssef Mandakar, deputy head of Kuwait's public health department. He said the soldiers had shown "mild symptoms" of the disease upon their arrival at an Air Force base.

Kuwaiti authorities confirmed that the soldiers came from the United States, but would not say where they had gone, adding that the troops had no contact with the local population
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Swine flu in the military. To be honest I am astonished that this news is even in the MSM. But that brings to question; what other diseases are are bravest and finest troops being exposed to in the ME. Are our troops perhaps bringing home to their families exotic strains or bugs not commonly found in the US? Will there be those that experience an new type of "Gulf War Syndrome"?

my.earthlink.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-5-2009 by whaaa]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Why? It makes total sense for this to be in the MSM...

it's H1N1... not ET

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Keep in mind people in the US military have always available quality medical attention at no charge.

For most people, particularly in poorer countries, any form of medical attention is a luxury.

What we know about this flu or any medical concern, comes from confirmed cases. So we don't even know if this is an isolated event or indicative the thing is far more widespread than is thought.

Probably months before we have a clear picture. Meantime many will die with no diagnosis, treatment, or reporting.

Mike

top topics

join