It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question for Pilots and Image Experts re Moon Landing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I have a serious question I would like to direct at any pilots that are on ATS, and any image experts are free to add their opinion as well...

I have looked at this video many times in the past and tried to figure out what was wrong with it...

But then recently it suddenly hit me... so I showed it to John (as a pilot) and told him what I thought I saw... He was flabbergasted that he had missed the obvious as well...

So below is the video I would like your opinions on...

But I will tell you what I see first, so as not to waste time guessing and get to the analysis right away...

If you listen to the Astronauts as they 'descend' to the Lunar surface... they are calling out the altitude as they descend...

Yet if you watch the landscape below... it appears to be moving laterally across the screen, not getting bigger (closer) as they descend. I have done screen captures at the different altitudes they call out and compared the size of the objects and it would appear that they do NOT get larger as they supposedly get closer...

Now an object on the ground at 500 feet should look twice as big as that same object from 1000 feet, no? But I am not seeing a noticeable difference from 200 feet to 100 feet.

For this one I will even listen to weedwackers opinion

Here is the video...

Apollo 15 Landing

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Your reasoning seems sane to me, Zorgon.

We'll wait for weedwhacker to get here. The word 'pilot' is enough to flush him out of hiding.

Edit: Deleted my silly attempt to offer a semi-plausible explanation that was stretching...

[edit on 24-5-2009 by tezzajw]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Hi zorgon, I don't know what to make of it, I do wonder what J.L's opinion of it was.
Second line .

[edit on 24-5-2009 by alyosha1981]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by alyosha1981
reply to I do wonder what J.L's opinion of it was.

J.L. said "Holy S..." and cursed himself for having missed that before. He now believes the whole thing was a hoax. (I am still 50/50) at the moment but leaning to the no side
)

Here is part of a reply to Russ Hamerly on this subject via email...

Thanks Russ,

Be sure and look carefully at the apparent diameters of the craters on descent Ron pointed this out to me and I was flabbergasted. Nothing changes. It was a hoax from the git-go.

Listen carefully to the dialogue. Delivered just like reading a script. - John

[edit on 24-5-2009 by zorgon]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Hi Zorgon

I had a look I could not be bothered to dowload video taking stills etc I checked it a crude way, picked a crater in the distance put a piece of paper on screen marked width watched a few more seconds of video checked size crater was bigger so getting closer.
I think the real problem is the camera points in the direction of travel for half of the video and then seems to pan down from about 1:28 you can see the distinct change in view.
See what you think.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Firstly, the near vertical descent phase commences at around 150 feet at -7 degrees. Check out the size of the two craters I’ve marked in orange (1 and 2). Here they are at 60 feet with a +3 deg angle of descent:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8f1cbd6a67e9.jpg[/atsimg]

Now compare the apparent size of the same craters after touch down. It looks much larger than what it looked at 60 feet!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eeaee32ecc6f.jpg[/atsimg]

So, as for me, there doesn’t seem to be any conspiracy here!

Cheers!

new topics

top topics

join