It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The conspiracy of the SUN...?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Have you ever looked at the sun? We are told we will go blind if do, right?

but one of the most beautiful and accesible spiritual experiences you can have, and i am sure you have all done this is, to watch a sunset or sunrise.

Solar gazing is a a subject i have stumbled across recently. i have looked in the archives of ATS and found it questioned whether or humans can photosynthesize, but here is the wiki definition

en.wikipedia.org...

Sungazing—also known as sun gazing, solar healing, solar gazing, solargazing, solarhealing, sun staring, Sun Yoga, Surya Yoga and Solar Yoga—is the term broadly applied to the practice of staring directly at the sun. In common usage it refers to looking at the sun at sunrise or sunset to receive nourishment from it to either complement or replace eating food (a form of inedia).

People who practice Sun Gazing describe a heightened awareness, a greater love for everything, a desire for cleaner living right up to a decreased need for food and in one case i found, a woman even described having a indescribable nutty sweet like substance forming in the back of her mouth that when tasted gave her

"...blissful energy. Kind of like when I was a happy child. I believe it stems from sungazing and meditation."

sunlightenment.com...

manna from heaven, nectar of the gods?

There are a lot of people around the world who are practicing this what seems to be a very old technique.

The trouble is there are people who make incredible claims that hey live without food when they stare at the sun, it maybe true, but it seems that it is a combination of eating better, more plants and seed like foods and that the energy form the sun enhances the properties with these foods ie the good oils

"...The electrons of highly unsaturated fats from seed oils, which lie on the same wavelength as sunlight, are capable of drawing solar energy and storing it, then, upon demand, of activating it as the purest energy of the dematerialized clouds of electrons, and making it available for the vital functions."http://www.healingcancernaturally.com/healingwithlight.html#budwigfatssyndrome

So if we look at the sun we go blind. If we stay in the sun we get cancer, we age, we get wrinkles and die

... but how does the sun make you feel?

I wont go into too much detail. there is so much to discuss if your mind is open and you can see the light so to speak...

look up the subject, and get back. see what you think, see how you feel...think about the sun and the implications in all areas of the suppression of energy, wisdom and spirituality over the centuries...

by the way, i am not a sun gazer, however i have begun to look at the sun...

some more links...

sungazing.vpinf.com...
sungazing.vpinf.com...
www.healself.org...
mintaka.sdsu.edu...
home.iae.nl...

[edit on 23-5-2009 by 2theC]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
After writing this I remembered a Gary Larson Cartoon

a boy and his father are sitting in the loungroom watching the sunset on tv
meanwhile we can see the sun is setting outside through the window.

cant find it, but in a way in sums it all up...

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
there has to be a reason why ancient cultures worshipped the sun. The were very in tune with astronomy, natures cycles, climate & weather. They depended upon it, as we do, however we are far more distracted by modern distractions to appreciate it or realise how it affects us.

On a personal level, when the sun comes out on a cold or wet daiy, it is a wonderful feeling to feel the sun's rays penetrating my cold body. Sunsets & sun rises instill in me a sense of peace.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by zenius

yes

and i wonder what effect the last serious ice age had on these ancient cultures in relevance to worshipping the sun.
i think the sun holds the answers to alot of questions and we haven't studied enough what these sungazers are doing.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by zenius

I have always loved watching the sun go down, it always feels like a major event of every day, but so many people miss it.
I wonder what this world would be like if everybody every where watched the sunrise or sunset everyday and contemplated everything for just a moment?
maybe...oneday...

[edit on 24-5-2009 by 2theC]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by zenius

(accidently hit the button!!!)

[edit on 24-5-2009 by 2theC]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Good point about the last ice age.

Another view point is that of those who live or work at the poles and have months without sunlight. How does it affect them psychologically?

And how about the aurora factor..if the solar flares concentrated energy is at the poles, does this solar influence have an affect on the pole dwellers?

Is the sun seen as a god as a giver of life and light only by the ancients, or was it known for its sun spots and associated effects on earth? Were they aware of the flares?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Im still not going to take the chance of optical damage and blindness later in life by staring at the Sun for prolonged lengths of time..

It is painful to look at after all.. and pain is the body's way of telling you that you are doing damage.

Have any of you actually tried doing this?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

well, you are recommended to look at the sun for short periods , like ten seconds, at sunset or sunrise to begin and then gradually over time, increase the length of time.

Then after about nine months of gradual increases, you will get up to about 45 mins and then they say you stop, thats enough. you don't have to do much after. Your batteries are charged.

when you look directly at the sun, your pupils shrink, apparently that is the danger of looking at the sun during an eclipse. Because there is less light, your pupils are larger, but you can damage your eyes because of this.

anyway, read the all the links, i am only providing them and the thoughts.The rest is up to you.

and yes i have started looking at the sun, to test, in the mornings or before sunset.

does it hurt, actually no ( not yet anyway) so if it doesn't hurt, i don't see a harm.

like i said i am not a solar gazer but i am looking into it!

i might keep you posted, if i can still see that is...

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Very interesting thread OP-
Starred and Flagged.

I love both sunrise and sunset, you can definitely tell it's a very spiritual experience to contemplate both in peace and quiet.

I try to do it frequently. No damage on my eyes.

But I know there are some people that are very sensitive to it.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
It's so strange to see this thread. Actually I was having major tooth problems last month and major headaches in the left temple area, at this time it was also ungodly hot in florida. For no reason except it being cooler outside than in my house, sort of just went out of my house and sat on a lawn chair every evening and started watching the sunset daily for the entire week. My headaches finally got better, my toothaches have all but gone. I do know however, this may be associated with the vitamin d which of course, helps calcium absorption in the body, that could've helped my teeth, but unlikely it's not the reason to explain the headaches going away. Even odder, I did the 10 second stare the first day then progressed it every day thereafter, without knowing any of this stuff. I got up to about 30 seconds BTW! Anyway, my point is that maybe my body subconciously knew that's what I needed to heal. After considering what you posted here, I may do this again, I have stopped recently with the rain coming every day around sunset, but I may just do it anyway, rain or no rain! Oddly I never needed as much food intake as what people consider normal, but I don't associate this with the sun, as I never have done this until recently, howeever, when I was in school I was always at the busstop at sunrise and with nothing to do, but watch it rise, that's what I did. Maybe the effects are prolonged? I only ever ate 1 or two meals a day at the most.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
The sun is a healer, definitely, but it can also be a killer.

After a lot of gray days, when you see the sun it lifts your spirits.

And I have heard that the largest suicide rate is from Norway and Finland, because of their lack of sun.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
fascinating morning reading! if only id gotten up a little earlier.... oh well. still one more to go. i know that yogis and spiritual leaders (including our old buddy JC if my memory serves me) throughout history have repeatedly made the claim that there was a way to easily go without food for indefinite periods of time. and the desert seems to be a common theme is those stories ... buddha, christ etc. muhamed was in a cave im pretty sure, but maybe it had two mouths

anyways. desert, max horizon view, most likely no/little visual obstruction, and highest number of garaunteed sunny days. ive always thought it made sense that a person could either slow down, or perfectly balance the entropy of their own internal biorythms (kind of like a frozen frog?). really water has always been the stumper in that equation for me.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
IIn its most original and natural state, the sun has always been extremely biologically nourishing for the human body. It wasn't until that natural balanced state was disturbed that things started getting dangerous. Of course I'm referring to the ozone layer, though not necessarily global warming.
You can also add to this cancer causing culprit list the artificial chemicals that have been added to just about everything that affects our lives, from the foods we eat, the air we breathe, to the stuff we apply to our bodies like soap, shampoo and sun tanning lotion.

BTW, direct sun still isn't all so bad.

Sun worship curtails blood clot risk: Swedish study

While sun exposure has long been linked to skin cancer, a new Swedish study shows it also dramatically reduces the risk of suffering blood clots.

"We found that women who suntan had about 30 percent lower risk of suffering blood clots," said Pelle Lindqvist, an associate professor at the obstetrics and gynecology department at the Karolinska University Hospital in Stockholm.

"There is also a 50-percent higher risk of blood clots in December, January and February in Sweden, when there is the least sun here," he told AFP.

Article Link

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Very interesting, S&F for you.
I'm going to have a read through your links and try this out.

Remember there was a very important man who re charged him self using energy from the sun... SUPERMAN!!!!!

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by plutoxgirl

so many people do!!
even if its just to grab a beer, a glass of wine, roll a jazz cigarette and watch the sunset with your friends. without really thinking that maybe our body and mind treats this as spiritual experience or a nourishment that it needs?!?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

i remember years ago a friend had bronchitus and his doctor reccommended that he sit in the sun. Not to exactly look at it but just to sit.At the time, we were teenagers, i remember thinking that that sounded sooo right and its the only doctors advice to this day i have always remembered.
When i found out about this sun gazing practice something stirred from this little piece of advice from so many years ago.

apparently they say the energy or nourishment gets stored, so like you said, it probably is prolonged with small top ups every now and then.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

i thinks its funny how we have been taught more that the sun is a killer probably more than a healer, this i think at the moment is way out of balance.
The supression of the sun and its energy in so many ways is big business. The slow uptake of Solar power, skin cancer, aging, don't look at the sun etc...
I could be wrong of course, but i am going with my gut and not discounting this.
The suns energy is virtually free and available to everyone, so who can make profit by containing it?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by iNTERPLANETARyR.O.M.E.O.

that is food for thought!

the desert would be a great place to gaze at the sun. Of course the cave is probably the deep introspection of the soul, what Mohammed go to the cave, did he come out into the light after...

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

thanks for the link.
you know i always wondered why we sunbake.
as well, I think some where in the links i posted there was mention to of not wearing sunglasses. I know i have not worn them for about a year now and it is in this last year i have been more aware so to speak.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join