It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

will humans adept to radiation and waste too?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I was just wondering

today the biggest threat to humans is radiation and toxical waste, cars, factories ......

Do you think in couple of decades humans will adept? I mean on the DNA level?

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I dont think that we will evolve as a species to become resistant to these things, unless they begin to wipe out huge numbers of people before they can reproduce.

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by Paul]

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The biggest threat to humans is globle warming.

I do not think we will be able to survive.

[Edited on 2-5-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
the biggest threat to humans could possibly be poor writing skills. beyond that, global warming is a modern day myth.

the only way to make humans the least bit resistant to radioactivity would be wide scale exposure at near ld50 levels.

[Edited on 1-5-2004 by forsakenwayfarer]

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer
the biggest threat to humans could possibly be poor writing skills. beyond that, global warming is a modern day myth.

yeah, global warming is a myth. think of it like this...

humanity has been just a speck of time in the existence of the earth. modern weather recording and study and just been a speck of time in the existence of humanity. we've been studying the earth's weather scientifically for how long? about 150 years. people truely know nothing of the workings of the earth's weather patterns. we don't know enough about it to say that this warming up is bad, or just part of the cycle of the earth. isn't it hypothesized through geological records that in the time of the dinosaurs the average temperature on earth was near 100 degrees farenheit? perhaps the earth is just headed back to that stage.

back on topic now... though i do believe there is no such thing as global warming, i do also believe that pollutants are having some sort of adverse affects on the earth. i would assume that since the industrial revolution people have not evolved to this change that we never will, unless something drastic happens.

in my opinion, once a species begins to rely on technology, such as humanity has, their evolution ends. the evolution of the technology is what takes over, and that is what will bridge the gap in our evolution to help us adapt to such changes.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
MYTH: The Earth has warmed rapidly in the past without dire consequences, so society and ecosystems can adapt readily to any foreseeable warming.

FACT: The Earth experienced rapid warming in some places at the end of the last glacial period, but for the last 10,000 years our global climate has been relatively stable. During this period, as agriculture and civilization developed, the world's population has grown tremendously. Now, many heavily populated areas, such as urban centers in low-lying coastal zones, are highly vulnerable to climate shifts.

In addition, many ecosystems and species that are already threatened by existing pressures (such as pollution, habitat conversion and degradation) may be further pressured to the point of extinction by a changing climate.

MYTH: Because of the uncertainty of climate models, it is extremely difficult to predict exactly what regional impacts will result from global climate change.

FACT: According to the IPCC, certain climate trends are highly likely to occur if greenhouse gas emissions continue at their current rate or increase: sea level will rise; droughts will increase in some areas, flooding in others; temperatures will rise, leading to heat waves becoming more common and glaciers likely to melt at a more rapid rate.

Regional impacts are very likely to occur, but exactly when and what they will be is harder to predict. This is because 1) regional climate models are more computer intensive than global climate models - they take longer to run and are more difficult to calibrate, and 2) many non-climate factors contribute to impacts at regional levels. For example, the risk of mosquito-borne illnesses like Dengue fever and malaria may rise due to increased temperatures, but the actual likelihood of infection will depend greatly on the effectiveness of public health measures in place.

In recent years, the quality of regional climate projections has improved substantially and continues to improve. Understanding regional climate change impacts in detail will be extremely important in adapting to the negative effects of climate change. For now, what is clear is that almost all the regions of the world will be negatively affected by climate change, necessitating that the global community act to mitigate and prepare for climate change.
www.environmentaldefense.org...

www.meteor.iastate.edu...

CMD, this what I found on globle warming myth, and facts.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The biggest Threat to Humans ARE Humans

new topics

top topics

join