It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal judge threatens to sanction Obama administration over secrecy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Federal judge threatens to sanction Obama administration over secrecy

rawstory.com

The case, Al-Haramain v. Obama (see also: Al-Haramain V. Bush), springs out of a government mistake in which a secret document detailing the wiretapping of calls between attorneys and Saudi charity Al-Haramain was turned over to the charity’s counsel.

The document was taken back by the government, and the Department of Justice has since maintained that the attorneys who read it should not be allowed to use their memories to pursue litigation over the illegal spying.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.wired.com
www.law. com
www.eff.org
www.sfgate.com

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
What a bunch of total BS.

Obama and his "transparent" administration at work. I guess it's time to break out the memory erasure drugs, eh?

They are asking the attorneys to "forget" what they have seen, when the evidence clearly incriminates the government for illegal wiretapping?

They want total power with impunity, and are getting it. Above the law, and out of reach. Where is the oversight? Where is the GAO? Where is... oh never mind...this is useless.

Revolution, anyone?

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I really like this transparency!!!

Change we can all believe in!!!

LOL

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
What can I say, the transparency went out of the door when Obama realized that he is just to do the job Bush was doing before him.

I can not wait to see when he has to face the nation that voted for him on false hopes of change.

But then again now people will see for themselves that we have not power over our government anymore.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
There is always a silver lining in the cloud somewhere???

A lot of very foolish people, many who were voting for the first times in their lives, many of those not even because of a tender age, are going to realize that listening to the Media, and not independently researching the Candidates you vote for has some pretty serious consequences.

Just like with Regan Democrats, many neoconservative Republicans are pleasantly surprised but loathe to admitt it that Obama has turned out to be another 4 years of George Bush, the fact that he doesn't look like the George Bush they would like to invite to dinner though, is causing them to take another look at just who the George Bush is they did want to invite to dinner not that they see the same qualities in someone vastly different that wasn't as appealing to them from a cosmetic standpoint.

Rabid Obama defenders have almost dissapeared of the boards as they take stock of just what is really now transpiring and their tapped bank accounts, and rapidly expiring unemployment checks aren't turning towards anything hopeful but purely frightening and uncertain.

People are waking up to the fact through all this nonsense that there is not really a two party system, but just a charade to keep citizens argueing with one another while the Government does what it wants with virtual impunity regardless of the party's platform that brought them to Washington or what they said they would do once in Washington.

At this rate election 2012 is going to be a very hard thing for the Government to pull off as things stand and it's likely not going to come to a revolution of the people, but a war by the government against the people to keep them engaged and under the rule of the government and the system that creates what it has become.

I think we are seeing the Government try to fight that war already in more and more obvious ways, and frankly they would love us to revolt to make all those aggressive moves on their part seem legitimate.

If we don't revolt they are going to have a monsterous battle on their hands at this rate in convincing people in 2012 that the political system is genuine and valid.

It's the gym class of life, no pain no gain!

Now drop and give me 43! 43 more months of playing along and being good girls and boys and come 2012 we can make the politicians rue the day they stepped foot in Washington by a wholesale abandonment of the main parties to favor nothing but independent candidates into every elected office.

Or we could go to Staples and get an Easy Button????

top topics

join