It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-South Korea president killed himself

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
You always have to wonder when something like this happens.

www.foxnews.com...

SEOUL, South Korea — Former South Korean President Roh Moo-hyun, embroiled in a broadening corruption scandal, died Saturday after jumping from a mountain cliff behind his rural southern home. He left behind a suicide note, his lawyer said.

Roh, 62, had been hiking in the village of Bongha Saturday morning when he threw himself off the mountainside, lawyer Moon Jae-in told reporters.

He was rushed to Busan National University Hospital in the nearby port city of Busan around 8:15 a.m. (2315 GMT) and died around 9:30 a.m. (0030 GMT) from head injuries, hospital officials said.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I heard this news this morning from a South Korean woman who works at a store near my apartment. She thought it was a genuine suicide, but she also told me that the U.S. was responsible for the assasination of president of Park Chung Hee in 1979. From what I've read briefly about that incident, he was killed by the Korean Central Intelligence Agency, which strengthens the possibility that the U.S. CIA may have been involved. If they did it once, might they not do it again 30 years later?
A few other details of the story make me suspicious. Roh was supposed to be going on trial in a few days, now the investigations over his bribery scandal are officially over. Who else might have been implicated had Roh survived for his day in court?
Roh was alone with one person, a bodyguard or "aide" depending on which news story you're reading. I'd sure like to know more about this guy.
Roh's suicide note was typed on a computer. Is there any proof that it was Roh who actually authored it?
Finally, I admit this is a stretch, Roh fell from "Owl Rock." If you're familiar with the whole Bohemian Grove, $1 Bill, Moloch, Illuminati symbolism thing then you might see the name Owl Rock as signifying an occult, ritualistic angle to the possible assassination.
In all fairness, it might have been a suicide - apparently suicide is extremely popular in South Korea at the moment. I hope more members look into this and contribute to this thread.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
i could not send to you that written message.
all text is deleted.
to be breif, in first, your opinion is similiar my having thought, roh's might Trilateral Commission or korea current president #ing lee myung bak might rotary club a branch of freemason. anyway i'm so glad to your opinion
korea was debating roh's cause of death on the every bbs by netizen which is suicide or murder.
because police officail did not clear announcement and was changed its investigation namely, moved root, time, everythings is strange
and i thouth that the bohemian grove. its symbol is owl. also rho jumped cliff off place was 'owl rock' it's a ceremony of bohemian grove
i guess he might be victim. and your opinion became oasis of thrity my idea
in addition bak jung hee trying to deveopled nuclear bomb but killed by cia anyway korea involved in under power of USA
korea president roh always confronted usa's a line of policy and might be murder them
i just hopfully could detatil story but here could not relate of it

outsider13 , but i want to more discussion about this conspiracy theories
my email adress is [email protected]

[edit on 3-6-2009 by paust]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Already started a thread about this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

I think its more likely that the motive for the assassination, if that's what is was, was to prevent Roh from going to court and possibly implicating or naming co-conspirators. I do find it odd that the NK missile test happened so soon afterwards, hadn't made that connection before.

I would propose however, that if the two events were designed to coincide, the assassination of Roh, rather than serving as a distraction to take people's focus off of North Korea, might have been planned as an additional and supplementary shock (as in shock and awe), like a one-two punch, to thoroughly traumatize the South Korean population thus making them more receptive to government/media conditioning and manipulation. I doubt that a North Korean nuclear missile test would be something that South Koreans could actually be distracted from in that manner. Additionally, it seems to me that TPTB, as well as North Korea by itself, would have more to gain by making a very big deal out of the test than by trying to keep it quiet.

PS - this thread was started before yours, so I think the fair thing to do would be to move your thread to this one, unless you want to keep yours separate because you intended to keep discussion strictly concerned with the possible missile test connection.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Get this:

Cheong Wa Dae bodyguard cannot confirm whereabouts during Roh’s final moments

It was confirmed that there was no bodyguard present when the former President Roh Moo-hyun committed suicide on May 23. Accordingly, police have launched a reinvestigation of what the former president was doing on the day of suicide.
"It may be that the bodyguard sent by the Cheong Wa Dae was not present when the former president threw himself from ‘Owl Rock,’” an official of the Cheong Wa Dae (the presidential office in South Korea or Blue House) said on Tuesday. “The bodyguard failed to find him and created a false story,” the official added.
A police official said, “The bodyguard has changed his account of his whereabouts several times, and we have summoned him again to the South Gyungsang Police Agency for further questioning.”
The police have secured the content of a radio communications report to the Cheong Wa Dae in which the bodyguard said, “I missed him. I cannot see him.” Another police official confirmed the content, but said, “We do not know when the radio communication took place. We will find that out through further investigation.”

english.hani.co.kr...

The only other evidence of suicide, apart from the bodyguard's statements, is the suicide note found on Roh's computer that could have been typed by someone else!

new topics

top topics

join