It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people hate Jews?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I'm watching The Pianist and it occurrs to me that Jews seem to get picked on a lot. through racist humor, getting the blame for Jesus' death, starting the Plauge, etc etc..

I've never really understood why i sometimes hear racist and ignorant comments on jewish people, why all the flak?... i've been searching the forums, but i can't find a thing on the topic. Can someone help me out and enlighten me on the subject a bit more? thanks

I myself am not Jewish, just a little curious and upset as to why they get treated the way they do.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 05:21 AM
link   
It's easy when you have a group you can blame something on. The hate on jews is deep rooted and connected with religion.

So it started already in the middle age as they were known as the group who killed the lords son and then they were accused of having done nearly everything that happened bad somewhere.

For now I don't think we have a big hate on Jews in the western countries. There is strong disagreement with the state Israels government policy but this has nothing to do with Jews(as most of them are living outside Israel).

But all in all racism is something reserved for dumb people. So that's the answer you were looking for

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by shoo]

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 06:07 AM
link   
This whole 'Hate' thing is really getting old. What do you HATE about america, Why do Americans HATE the French, What do you HATE about Europe etc. I think your just a copy cat that wants attention. Why dont next time you come up with an original post.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 06:12 AM
link   
your question is wrong there my friends,
that should be what the thing people most hate in jews.
there nothing to hate about a people of jews what i m my self hate most is the protocols of the zionism that it nothing more then that.
in my country we never hate anyone just name it white,black,yellow,be it jews or black jews or who ever they are but the real we hate is this the protocol of jews the american foreign policies and the japan industrial imperiallism. that all dudes

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 06:34 AM
link   
im not jewish...I have nothing against Judiasm...so he's my theory...its jealousy...many of the rich and powerful in this world are Jewish...so obviously they are an easy target to point fingers at...and as with WW2 and Jews...Hitler was a nut...period...he had his reasons but if you do the research not much of it made sense....

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I doubt very much it's jealousy - I work for jews, and I'm certainly not jealous of them. I don't hate them either. I don't think that it's particularly healthy to go around hating an entire race of people because of what they have/haven't done - and I'll even go so far as to include historical behaviour in that as well...
I have a lot of problems with the Americans, American foreign policy, environmental policy, the threat that I genuinely think the American administration poses to the security of the entire world...back to the jews again...but I don't think that all of the Yanks are tossers, why should I? I would be wrong, wouldn't I? I would be racist - and racism is one of the most sickening aspects of humanity, as we all know.
The real reason people 'hate the jews' is because of prejudice- plain and simple...

By the way, I'm not jewish.

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by UK product]

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by UK product]

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Depends on who youre asking.

People might hate them for different reasons. Some are really irrational and contradictory. Some are superstitions. Some are realistic. Some are well.............confusing.

Ask the Arabs why they hate them, and they will tell you look at your TV, look at your history book. Long standing animosity between Arabs and jews, hell in the bible we see this, as they were both descended from Abraham, one of his legit son and one of his bastard son. I think its a myth to explain the eternal animosity between the two, i dont think it will ever end.

As for Europe? hard to say. Jesus kilelrs, i suppose was the big reason in the middle ages, that and they werent christians. Its the most absurd thing, for Christians to be anti semetic. It shows they dont read thier own stupid bible. Jesus was a jew, so were his disciples, so was his mother and father. For christians to hate jews is stupid. Thier god is a jewish god, thier holy book comes from the jews. DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by shoo
So it started already in the middle age as they were known as the group who killed the lords son and then they were accused of having done nearly everything that happened bad somewhere.
[Edited on 29-4-2004 by shoo]

It started about 4500 years before that in Egypt. I have no idea why people hate the Jews, except that they are a relativly small group (15 mil world wide, last count) who are educated. As a result, many are successful, so they're in the public eye. It's a lot easier to blame all of the world's troubles on a people that form such a small group. Look at the UN and the Arab voting block that constantly tries to condemn Israel. There's not enough Jews to be able to vote it down on their own. Thank God for the USA.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
MMM............

Cant wait until they see all starts up in this thread.

Just my two cents, why do people hate the jews? They lost the hearts and mind campaign.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Its the most absurd thing, for Christians to be anti semetic. It shows they dont read thier own stupid bible. Jesus was a jew, so were his disciples, so was his mother and father. For christians to hate jews is stupid.

I seem to have missed the religion lessons were they told us that Christians need to hate Jews
and it seems I didn't met any Christians lately as I haven't encountered their racism against jews.

I hope you are talking about the middle age situation, didn't you?

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
No, shoo, Im talking about today.

This century. World Wide. There are Christians from around the globe that hate jews.

Look at Europe 60 years ago when Many christians spouted virulent anti semetism that wasnt confined to Germany alone.

Look at the US today, there are groups who believe the jews are a product of sex between eve and satan.

Yes, there are loads of Christians who still hate jews.

Bout the dumbest people Ive ever met.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
How...could you be a true Christian and hate your Lord? (My Lord is a poor Jewish carpenter
)

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

As for Europe? hard to say. Jesus kilelrs, i suppose was the big reason in the middle ages, that and they werent christians. Its the most absurd thing, for Christians to be anti semetic. It shows they dont read thier own stupid bible.

Most of the common people couldn't read at all during the early Middle Ages and the certainly didn't own Bibles. Actually, I believe it was considered heretical to write an English version for quite a while (I think it Was Wycliffe who printed the first one). So the only way the people could hear 'Gods word' was through the priests.

Another reason for the hatred in the Middle Ages was that the Jews were not allowed to work for Gentiles. In Europe that meant that they could only support themselves as money lenders. Hence many people hated them because they lent money for interest when the Bible condemned usury.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
To hate a whole people is a true hallmark of ignorance.

Just take people one person at a time.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
pisky, part of why jews were not working for gentiles back then was because most non jewish employers would not allow an observant jew to be out of work on sabbath and holidays. obviously there were no provisions like there are today to allow for people to take off from work for religious reasons.

Facefirst, if more people would follow what you just said this world would be VERY different. Unfortunately most people simply do not get that.

[Edited on 4-29-2004 by Djarums]

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
if more people would follow what you just said this world would be VERY different. Unfortunately most people simply do not get that.
[Edited on 4-29-2004 by Djarums]

One can only hope........

From my experiences, for the most part, people everywhere are basically the same. They want to live in peace and have their children do better than they did. That is not too much to ask for in my opinion.....

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by StaticPrevails
I'm watching The Pianist and it occurrs to me that Jews seem to get picked on a lot. through racist humor, getting the blame for Jesus' death, starting the Plauge,

The Jews weren't responsible for the Plague. The Christians are the ones who spread the Plague.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67

Originally posted by StaticPrevails
I'm watching The Pianist and it occurrs to me that Jews seem to get picked on a lot. through racist humor, getting the blame for Jesus' death, starting the Plauge,

The Jews weren't responsible for the Plague. The Christians are the ones who spread the Plague.

Bad public sanitary conditions in Europe, amplified by rodent problems spread the plague. Europeans traveling outside of Europe carried the plague with them.

Disease is not exclusive to any religion.

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by Facefirst]

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Jews have bee nahted for many reason... Many Germans blamed them for withdrawing their funding from the German army towards the end of WW1, the killing of christ is another reason. modern anti-semitism is probably due to many Jews taking what israel does as infinatly right regardless of its apparant wrongness, also many jews like to play the history card. Also i think that they are sometimes over protected, if you say anything against a jewish person your likely to be labeled and anti-semite, this would then cause a deep rooted anger against the jews, just often nothing is said... I personally dont hate people for their race or religion, i hate them for their actions and ideals. i dont hate Jews as a people but (like with any religion) there are Jews that i hate.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67

Dang, I must have gotten every revisionist history book out there! Every one of them that talks about the plague attributed it to rats, that's for shedding light on this issue for us, Illmatic67!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join