It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did I catch in this photo?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Ok giving this a try. I uploaded it to there straight from my windows photo gallary.

I think people are seeing the entire white area, but what I am seeing is in the center of the white area where there is a smaller brighter outline. I wish I knew how to put arrows there.

Ama

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f207f4eb50fc.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Here is what I see…
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aadbaf8fc36f.jpg[/atsimg]
When people polish a piece of glass, it tends to leave streaks like this if the rag was not clean enough or if there was something very hard to remove on the glass. A Pause in the stroke, and the area where the rag was lifted away from the glass at the end of the stroke, both appear there as well.

Again, my $.02.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

try cleaning your lenses with something other than your spit.

cheers mate

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I'd guess that's a fingerprint from touching the lens.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

go below the lowest blue square. That is where I see it. Rite at the lower right corner of that blue square underneath it. That is what I wish i can enlarge like I can on my windows program.

I can still see the face in this photo it is just not as clear .

[edit on 22-5-2009 by amatrine]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Thats simply pareidolia:

Pareidolia
The term pareidolia (pronounced /pærɪˈdoʊliə/) describes a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random stimulus (often an image or sound) being perceived as significant. Common examples include seeing images of animals or faces in clouds, the man in the moon, and hearing hidden messages on records played in reverse. The word comes from the Greek para- —"beside", "with" or "alongside"- meaning, in this context, something faulty or wrong (as in paraphasia, disordered speech)—and eidolon—"image" (the diminutive of eidos—"image", "form", "shape"). Pareidolia is a type of apophenia.

Carl Sagan hypothesized that as a survival technique, human beings are "hard-wired" from birth to identify the human face. This allows people to use only minimal details to recognize faces from a distance and in poor visibility but can also lead them to interpret random images or patterns of light and shade as being faces.

A normal human neurological process.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I agree with Aussie nutter,looks like someone had something on thumb and made 2 swipes,certainly looks like it to me

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I see the face I think you are talking about as well as two others, one beneath and one that takes up most of the "smoke/smudges". I have a few pictures with odd unexplainable things in them as well.

For example...

Huge orb?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cdd274b4b797.jpg[/atsimg]
If anyone has an idea to what this might be don't be shy.

(I used PhotoScape to brighten picture)

I was wondering...do you have a lot of paranormal activity in your house or around you personally? If so has it been more excessive lately as in the last couple months?
I ask because for me it has been, more and more and more....

[edit on 22-5-2009 by AwakenAware]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Not paranormal persay. The energy I see has been more intense as you can see in an older thread titled " never seen energy like this"

I will snap some more photos when I see this again to see If I can catch anything else, and will make SURE my lense is clear.

Ama

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakenAware

Looks like a baseball or something malicious looking in that orb.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
this is what russian scientist was talking about[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/867411a08f1c.jpg[/atsimg]as for the image posted I do see a face, and maybe a crown. But, is there a possibility of it being a smudge on the lens, and we are just seeing what we want to see, because we want to believe, or have been told what we are supposed to be looking for? just a thought.

Creeping Death

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I see a picture of a dirty mirror

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
It looks to me like you wiped the lense and it smeared. Just what i think, you still might have something there.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I have taken the time to look at the picture posted in this thread. While admitting that the image could have been left by someone trying to clean the lense with a rag or other such item used for wiping, the picture does somehow resemble that of a bellydancer or a princess from the middle east. One way to test this picture as to whether it is legitimate or a forgery is to have a look at the negative. While the picture itself can be forged, there will be telltale signs on the negative itself which will either confirm the image itself as either a forgery or a real honest to goodness picture of a ghost.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Daffy Duck.

No, seriously I can see a giant ghostly duck bill and head.

I guess that suggests a smudge!

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Sorry- I don't really see it. I imagine there are a lot of things one "could" see, though.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
My view on this picture and i have yet to see anyone post this, is that it is both a smear and effect of smudge on the camera lens as well as a reflection caused from the flash on the smudge on the lens. You see a crown and i can see why you would see that. Look very closely to the fabric of the couch as well as what is int he background on the window seal. You have 2 very clear things that can make that goldish looking color reflected in a strecthed skewed way on the fild as a result of the smudging and smearing going on that is to me quite obvious. I am not sure if it is from the couch or the window seal or both but my suspision is the couch.
I think what you have hear is a simple camera oddity occuring as a result of poor cleaning of the lens and a skewing of background images reflecting back from the light or something. I am not versed in photography and such so i dont know what to call it but its just my view.
I think if you approach something like this with a investigative mind and look just for facts and not ghosts you look for evidence based upon what is in the picture and what could possibly be making the image.
If however you ignore reason and leap to a supernatural explanation then there is a face there. As somene posted it is our minds natural ability to find faces and images where none may really exists. Our mind is wired to try and make order from chaos. It has to understand what it is seeing to process the information.

<< 1   >>

join