It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama mulling 'preventive detention' without trials, report says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Obama mulling 'preventive detention' without trials, report says

rawstory.com

President Barack Obama said he was considering finding a legal basis for holding detainees who can’t be tried, according to accounts from an off-the-record conversation with human rights activists on Wednesday.

The New York Times, which reported the meeting, gave scant details. A “preventive detention” program would most likely be currently extralegal, or beyond the realm of law, because it would involve the incarceration of individuals without recourse to a trial....
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
So which flavor of "screw the public" would you like today, Mr. Jones? And how shall I word that for you so you can easily accept it- even if I am lying?

Preemptive Strike Doctrine anyone? Well gee Obama, why don't you just lock up everyone preemptively? Wouldn't that be a whole lot easier?

Guilty until proven innocent- with a caveat: we're going to lock you up just in case.

Meet the new Boss: Worse than the old Boss.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on Thu May 21st 2009 by TrueAmerican]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
it is nice that they are dumb enough to tell me what they are "mulling over" because i sure as hell am not dumb enough to tell them what I am "mulling over"

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Why not have the cojones to give one of those daily speeches on television and say that?
The morbid things are always from a reporter.
Spineless Jelly fish.

Hence the camps. This is the very reason people refuse to wake up. You literally have to be an Internet addict and "in the know" to be aware of things our president is mulling over.

If he had any huevos he would say it on MSM.

I'm sick.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by dgtempe]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Perhaps now everyone understands why all the weapons and ammunition have been purchased by average Americans ...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
it is nice that they are dumb enough to tell me what they are "mulling over" because i sure as hell am not dumb enough to tell them what I am "mulling over"

shhhhh....

If you point it out to them, they might stop doing it. Let them stay arrogant like this. And that's what it is. They have an attitude now that they can get by with anything (and maybe they can), so they don't even worry about admitting what they're wanting to do.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Well the demand to close Guantánamo Bay is looking even stupider by the day . Now those who want to send the US down the road of dictatorship are taking advantage of the doo gooders who want to close Guantánamo Bay . Even the most half baked of left wing politicians isnt going to want to see the nut case detainees let loose on US soil , hence the idea of preventive detention . Well there going to need an awful lot of "preventive detention" centers for all the Veterans and Pro Lifers .

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
With all of Obamas Gitmo backtracking the past week and a half flip/flopping from "free them and shut down the camps" to "special national security trials for some indefinite detention for most" I still have a co-worker going around in a daze telling everyone how great Obama is for freeing the detainees Bush so cruelly imprisoned.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
See more comments on this posted at this thread.
A lot of folks are steamed up.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
President Obama, American Citizens.........Let these people go home. They have done nothing but have the wrong ethnicity and speak the wrong language. Heal America......remove this festering wound from the american psyche and the world stage. It is the only right and honorable thing to do. We got in this mess via lying military and politicians flexing their military muscle at the wrong people. We all know they were the wrong people now. To keep them imprisoned and tortured now makes its not only your problem President Obama, it makes it your guilt now. This malfeasance of our military intelligence has produced nothing but ill-will. Torture is a crime, false imprisonment is a crime. Dishonesty was a major issue that cost Richard M Nixon the presidency and tainted the Clintons. Please practice statesmanship..........the world needs a large influx of that rare commodity.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

How about this. We will release them . . . into your country. Into your neighborhood.

Great plan!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

I ive in america, I believe that people are innocent until proven guilty. I would rather have these people living free in my neighborhood than to be illegally incarcerated without being proven guilty. The only thing that has been proven so far is that these people are "victims" of our military regime that flagrantly violate our own national laws that they are supposed to uphold. The hypocricacy is that if Bush and Cheney were spirited out of the US and held in the same type scenario as these victims for their "War Crimes" our military and government would respond with force to locate and free them in spite of their guilt. Our war against terrorism needs to begin here at home.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by debris765nju
President Obama, American Citizens.........Let these people go home.

They tried, but their own countries deemed these "victims" too dangerous and refused to allow them to come home.

The longer this goes on the more Bush appears to have been right...leaving Obama looking like a hypocrite.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Aye....and I'm mulling a shoot first and then ask questions policy.

I won't be treated like an animal by these thugs!

[edit on 23-5-2009 by bismarcksea]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by bismarcksea
I won't be treated like an animal by these thugs!

Lol, well if we could just be treated as good as some animals, we'd be doing fine!

top topics

join