It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gigantic structure filmed on the moon!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

I've never seen anything like this before. It looks artificial. Does anyone know what it might be? As you can see it casts a very large shadow!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Looks photoshopped imo.

The shadow should be neigh 11 o'clock or so, and instead, it's around 8. Unless this mystical building is able to um.. bend shadows to its whim.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
For those who can't watch the media at work is there screenshots available?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

interesting stuff

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Why does the picture keep panning away,just as it looks like we are about to see more detail of what the objects are?
Very frustrating!!

I take it,that this is in the north polar region?

Looks quite interesting,iff real!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
If you are going to create a HOAX, at least make the shadow of the hoax object go in the same lighting direction as every other shadow.

The shadow of the alleged object points to 8:00 where every other shadow is pointing to 10:30 means the object is quite simply, and plainly a hoax.

* edit: Noticed Fleabit already mentioned this, and he is right... it's a hoax.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by YouAreDreaming]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I don't see how the shadows prove this is a hoax. There's not enough evidence to deem that

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
As more and more footage comes out about structures on the moon, there will be more fake ones put into circulation to cause confusion and weaken the real evidence.

I could be wrong but I'm kinda getting that feeling about this one. That it could be one to confuse and serve as reference for de-bunkers in the future.

The YouTube member who uploaded it only has 3 other videos and none of them are to do with the Moon. I know that in itself doesn't mean a LOT, but it's worth bearing in mind. The other 3 videos are about Jeremy Irons, football injuries and the sad death of a Marine.

The shadow on the OP video reminds me of the shadow of 'the Shard' that can be seen on this video at around 1:00.

(can't get the link to work)

I'm getting a feeling that the 'cube' on the OP vid might have been added over the Shard or something similar. For the purposes of causing confusion?

That is my take on it anyway.

(sorry about the link I'm new here and am learning how to do it)

[edit on 21-5-2009 by sum-one]

[edit on 21-5-2009 by sum-one]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming
If you are going to create a HOAX, at least make the shadow of the hoax object go in the same lighting direction as every other shadow.

The shadow of the alleged object points to 8:00 where every other shadow is pointing to 10:30 means the object is quite simply, and plainly a hoax.

I'm not calling it a hoax just yet. I'm not saying it's real either.

Nobody can simply call it a fake by judging it by the angles of the shadows. The comparative shadows that are supposedly at 10:30 are actually the rim of the crater that is cut off by the frontal exposed edge of the crater. So the shadows that "it" is being compared to are not a true representation of what they should be. The "Item" in question is supposedly tall and above ground not sunken into the moons surface the viewable shadows would appear to be different.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Why would anybody think this is real? Really, this would be on the news, we are so sneaky lets put it on YOUTUBE, sorry to be rude, but come on guys! I need more proof...

[edit on 21-5-2009 by game over man]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
If the suns light is coming in from a direction that would cause the object to have a shadow pointed in that direction, how is the landscape behind the object completely darkened.

Shadows always point away from their light source and this one is quite obviously not doing so.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by game over man
Why would anybody think this is real? Really, this would be on the news, we are so sneaky lets put it on YOUTUBE, sorry to be rude, but come on guys! I need more proof...

[edit on 21-5-2009 by game over man]

The Moon on the video is real.

Your comment about the news is weird. Haven't you heard. Structures on the Moon is a BIG SECRET. That is coming out more and more. Thanks to YouTube, Google etc etc. You may have to wait a long time for it to be on the news!!!!!!!!!! I wish all the information WAS on the news. BUT.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
The shadow that is being cast is actually the shadow of the crater wall,that the supposed object is located beside.
A fairly large crater,with 2 or 3 smaller impact craters within.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by scobro]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5c3ee75ad920.jpg[/atsimg]

Different light sources. Fake.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by scobro

Yes and our view from that angle of those shadows are being interfered with by the frontal edge of those craters. I'm not saying it's real. All I'm saying is that the shadow argument wont work we need better video analysis.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
anybody have any idea which crater this is? i think it might be j herschel but i'm not sure. if it is then this thing is between 20 and 30km tall, which just seems silly.

i figure that if it can be identified on a lunar chart it might be reasonably easy to dismiss or confirm this object just based on an estimation of size.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Yeah let's just ignore the craters edge. Think 3 dimensionally.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yeah, that shadow belongs to the crater, the sun is coming from the bottom right in the picture. So where is the supposed buildings shadow? It should be pointed towards the upper left like every other shadow in the image.

Looks to me like someone pasted a "building" on top of an existing shadow to save themselves the work of faking the shadow too.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yeah, that shadow belongs to the crater, the sun is coming from the bottom right in the picture. So where is the supposed buildings shadow? It should be pointed towards the upper left like every other shadow in the image.

Looks to me like someone pasted a "building" on top of an existing shadow to save themselves the work of faking the shadow too.

That's what I said earlier. That the shadow reminded me of 'the Shard' and the cube was added on to cause confusion.

We have to bear in mind that other shadows on this image could have been tampered with. If it is a hoax. And the whole thing may be reversed. It might be the other side of the moon?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
It's Clavius crater:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/70d433e615300415.jpg[/atsimg]
a discussion about this stuff can be found here:
» Huge Structure on the Moon
Thanks for sharing

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join