It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military burns unsolicited Bibles sent to Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Military burns unsolicited Bibles sent to Afghanistan

edition.cnn.com

(CNN) -- Military personnel threw away, and ultimately burned, confiscated Bibles that were printed in the two most common Afghan languages amid concern they would be used to try to convert Afghans, a Defense Department spokesman said Tuesday.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I can understand the not wanting troops distributing Bible to Afgans, its not what they are there for and its against army regulations. I dont see why the army could not have sent them back to the church that donated them. I seem to remember a few years ago that some that there was extreme outrage that some US troops had desecrated a copy of the Koran.

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
first you make the Islamic people angry by bringing in the bibles

than you make the Christians angry by burning them

mwahahaha , two birds with one stone, brilliant!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkStormCrow

It doesnt bother me that they burned the bibles.. but even I believe there could of been a better way to go about it.

Perhaps they could of sent them back (As you suggest) or maybe they could of been sent to be recycled if nothing else.

Burning them was a bad way to go about it.

But Im glad they wont be distributing them, I think that would be an immoral action on the part of the military since they are not Missionaries.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Why can't they send this country two million HISTORY books. Or two million science books. Or two million books on world court law.

These guys need some help. Religion can be good for some peoples soul in troubling times but I think they already HAVE that. They need something more.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I would have burned them as well, why would I waste my time and money sending the trash back to the idiots who sent it in the first place?

join