It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here Comes Big Brother Bush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
LEAD HEADLINE AT The Drudge Report FED TEST TO TRACK HOMELESS: IMPLANT ID TAG UNDER SKIN... DEVELOPING...

This should be really interesting to see where this goes next. I think Bush should change his campaign slogan to the once techie punch line, �ALL YOUR BASES BELONG TO US.�

[Edited on 4/28/2004 by - G -]

[Edited on 4-5-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Um....that story isn't anywhere on the page.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I seem to remember this being attempted back in the dark days of Clinton, but it went nowhere then, and I expect it to go nowhere now.

But then again, the Patriot Act was a Clinton brainstorm that fell into place under Bush, so who knows? I just see no real benefit in the bum tracking idea.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Drudge isn't always very reliable. I'm skeptical of this one, but could be convinced by a news link.

Slashdot reports that it's an April Fool's Joke:
slashdot.org...

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Drudge isn't always very reliable. I'm skeptical of this one, but could be convinced by a news link.

Slashdot reports that it's an April Fool's Joke:
slashdot.org...

Either way, it isn't on Drudge Report at all, let alone the headline.

Looks like someone opened an email a month late

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica

I revisted Drudge after posting it and the headline has been replaced, read read as "developing."

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by - G -

Originally posted by Esoterica

I revisted Drudge after posting it and the headline has been replaced, read read as "developing."

Will you just link to the damn story, I don't see it anywhere

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Assuming its true (maybe its a legend that's been bouncing around for years), what would be a realistic benefit to this? For "them" to see how well the system would work?

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Assuming its true (maybe its a legend that's been bouncing around for years), what would be a realistic benefit to this? For "them" to see how well the system would work?

I can't imagine that cost of putting a chip in people and running the tracking equipment would be validated by the forseeable gain.

What do they have to gain by knowing I'm sitting on the toilet?

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
So how are they going to do it if they are really thinking of doing this?

Maybe promising them free booze for a year or something?

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
I seem to remember this being attempted back in the dark days of Clinton, but it went nowhere then, and I expect it to go nowhere now.

But then again, the Patriot Act was a Clinton brainstorm that fell into place under Bush, so who knows? I just see no real benefit in the bum tracking idea.

TC, you are totally right. Elements under the Clinton administration were some of the first trying to push this blasted chip scheme.

I hope your second statement holds water as well; it had better not happen. They can push and push for this ID chip, but it just won't happen.

it is very well possible that anyone who installs this chip into their bodies are giving up control of their bodies, thoughts, emotions, and health to an external source. ID and tracking services aside, I don't care much for giving that much power to some lofty organization.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
it might be easy for them to start implanting they would force it through like there doing with ID cards in england. they release polls saying that the majority of the public believe it�s a good idea. what u might see happening is that they would highlight a few child abduction cases. then some parents appear in the media and say yes they would consider chips being used on there child then the polls start saying that the majority of the public thinks that its ok to put chips in there kids. then the authorities wind it up a bit more highlighting kidnapping of the wealthy, then silence the resistance against the idea of the use of chips because they can do, and like sheep everybody else follows. then suddenly its law.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
They already do it to dogs (Hell, how much farther away can it be for humans?). They pinch Rover's neck and inject a small ID tag approximately the size of a grain of rice. Thus, the next time the scamp escapes, whatever ASPCA picks him up will scan for the ID tag, which (If I recall) has one of two things:
I. an ID # which subsequently can be used to look up dog's location/home/owner
or
II. dog's owner's name, address, etc.
They're about sixty bucks and the vet can do them in about ten seconds.

Are they that far behind for people? Technology is amoral, so it could be used by worried parents, or by a paranoid government. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if there wasn't some testing already underway - even with soldiers, as a sort of digital-dog tag.

Also --
www.abovetopsecret.com...

you might all be interested in that, too (figure i'd crosspost to let you know there's a parallel topic!)

[Edited on 4-5-2004 by mauskov]

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
If you people think that its the government that drives this, think again.

Mega-Corporations are the first ones in line to benifit from this tech push...The ones that make the tracker chips, and all the scanning equipment and tools to go along with using them. Follow the $$$ train. Also think about the reason why? Why do corporations get to pee test us before jobs when the government doesnt? To "protect" their greedy botom line....
What are the implications to letting not only the government but CORPORATIONS to track you for "work purposes"?

When can and cant you be tracked?

This is very dangerous if used as a crime prevention tool...will your behaivor be assumed if you were tracked thru a "bad area"? What "triggers" of your tracking will garner what responce?

Low-jacked humans is a "security for the rich" scheme...you can have this "security" for your baby for a low startup cost and monthly subscription fee.
If your poor, um well, dont let your kid get snatched...

top topics

join