It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top billionaires hold secret meeting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Top billionaires hold secret meeting

www.msnbc.msn.com

In a quiet meeting closed to the news media and the public, Bill Gates, David Rockefeller Sr., Oprah Winfrey and other leading philanthropists met in New York this month to discuss ways to promote efforts to solve growing social problems in America and abroad.

Together, the philanthropists in the room have committed a total of more than $72.5 billion to charitable causes since 1996, according to Chronicle of Philanthropy tallies.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
It all sounds well and good but there is a dark side to these types of meetings, i'm sure.

I cant help but think that being rich and the desire to stay rich, will create a bias, that will prevent them from making the tough choice that may really help.

How many of these billionaires are also attending the upcoming Bilderberg meeting?

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20-5-2009 by iamcamouflage]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
the bilderberg meeting happened here recently too do you think that this could have been to draw media attention away from that meeting? the bilderberg group has been getting quite a bit of attention these last few years maybe they need to throw out a red herring.i believe rockefeller attends the bilderberg meetings too.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
People who have things in common routinely meet. UFOlogists, Truthers, OPEC, members of religious groups, butterfly collectors, etc.

A lot going on this year that affects them. They don't have an open source online forum where they can chat, exchange news and discuss issues.

They all might wonder what's happening to the Old World Older, or what's all this talk about disclosure, for example. Lacking a dedicated forum, they have to get together in person.

Outstanding question, if these are the top billionaire, what about the others.
Their ranks are thinning according to the Forbes list this year.

Is someone killing off billionaires?

Mike

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Great..the virus king and the queen of pap. Why wasn't that nwo receptacle bono included? Where's an act of God when you need one?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael
They all might wonder what's happening to the Old World Older, or what's all this talk about disclosure, for example. Lacking a dedicated forum, they have to get together in person.

Outstanding question, if these are the top billionaire, what about the others.
Their ranks are thinning according to the Forbes list this year.

Is someone killing off billionaires?

Mike

Perhaps we are thinking along similar lines though I am about to say something totally off the wall, which I enjoy doing from time to time (or all the time, perhaps).

They (the billionarios) are scared. They are worried about their impending irrelevance. The spiritual awakenings within the general population that they themselves had a part in initiating are now a threat. They have lost control over pace and degree they set that would be in their self interest.

Now, they wish to retard human progress so that they might hold on to some vestige of what they have been familiar. It will not work. They are now turning to darker endeavors. Time is up. They will be levelled to the ranks of the plebians.

Nice try guys/gals. No dice.

top topics

join