It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops gone wild

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Cops gone wild

washingtontimes.com

The bad behavior of these police officers exposes a double standard. As one Nationals fan, who is a lawyer, told us: "There's no way those cops could pass a street sobriety test right now. Just imagine how we'd get treated if they pulled us over having consumed half of what they've drunk tonight - and they're packing heat."

We don't begrudge police officers having a little fun, but they need to abide by the same laws they enforce on the rest of us. When they go out for a few beers, they might want to leave their uniforms and guns at home.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
We need to have one of our members from the Washington area hide out with a video camera and catch some of this action. Although this event has very good intentions as the article states, I want to emphasize the double standards. I can't tell you how many times I have seen off duty cops drinking publicly and driving. It would be interesting to see if there are any arrest or suspensions dished out over the period of this event.

washingtontimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Mudman21

Well I hope so after reading about the inebreated officer in Chinatown stumbling out of a bar and unloading his gun on a nearby church's bell tower.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
when i got pulled over driving at like 2am on new years eve (about 10years ago) the most amazing thing happened

they said they pulled me over cuz i had my brights on too close to a nearby car (i did actually and apologized i was not aware of these rules)

i was sober and had not been drinking and was only driving around cuz it was my first time to get to drive around for fun in my brothers car

anyways, it was the texas highway patrol that pulled me over that New Years Night at 2am-ish

anyhow, they wanted to give me a field sobriety test (i was sober tho so haha)

but these cops were so freaking trashed on vodka or something, i mean they REEKED of liquor and were acting really dumb and talking slurred and everything

anyhow they could not successfully perform the sobriety test on me and kept calling in more and more cops to try it on me to see if i was sober
(the pen test)

after awhile, they decided that two officers would each stand on both sides of me, holding my head still (one on each side of my head) while the main officer would move the pen to see if i could follow it

this took over an hour to get to, and 15 drunk troopers finally decided i was sober, but asked me if i was inhaling spray paint

i told them no i think thats disgusting lol

they let me go with a ticket for having the brights on, but i was there till around 3:30 or 4am dealing with some VERY drunk cops

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

you should report that to the d.a. you shouldnt pay a single dollar on that ticket, and 15 cops should be fired from the job

new topics

top topics

join