It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children Who Get Flu Vaccine Have Three Times Risk Of Hospitalization For Flu, Study Suggests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Children Who Get Flu Vaccine Have Three Times Risk Of Hospitalization For Flu, Study Suggests

www.sciencedaily.com

ScienceDaily (May 20, 2009) — The inactivated flu vaccine does not appear to be effective in preventing influenza-related hospitalizations in children, especially the ones with asthma. In fact, children who get the flu vaccine are more at risk for hospitalization than their peers who do not get the vaccine, according to new research that will be presented on May 19, at the 105th International Conference of the American Thoracic Society in San Diego.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Far be it from me to dissuade folks from following their physician's advice, especially when it comes to kids..., but please hand this article to your doctor or pediatrician, next time they want to inject dead viruses into your child, or yourself.

I won't go on a rant at this point. But something is amiss in our "health care" system when these kinds of facts surface and we don't pass it along....

www.sciencedaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I can agree to this on a personal level. Everytime I got the flu shot as a child I would get wicked sick if I cougt it that year. There was a few years I didn't get the flu shot and if I got sick it was only minor. Two years ago I got the flu shot again through work and sure enough I caught Influenza and was sicker than I had ever been.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
EXCELLENT find. S&F.

This study substantiates long-standing and I think, legitimate criticism of vaccines.

Vaccines are pushed by public health agencies because there are no real alternatives. But sometimes, it seems, doing nothing just might be a lot better.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
EXCELLENT INFO!

I'm running off a copy of this and keeping it for the fall.

My daughter has asthma.

When she was 5, 6,7 we got her the flu shot each year. And each time she'd get VERY sick within 24-48 hours. She'd have horrid chest congestion and fever ... and she couldnt' shake it for most of the winter.

We stopped giving her the shots and ...poof ... she didn't get nearly as sick and when she did it didn't last nearly as long.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I'm glad some found this useful.

I was half expecting some shills from the health care community and or big pharma to come here and reassure us that vaccines are safe and 'tested.'

Ever try to tell an entrenched doctor that your research indicates his or her practices are not as safe as they want us to accept? They look at you like you 'one of those,' roll their eyes, and explain sternly how you better do as they say....

Beware experimental medicine..... which as this point is about 75% of all medical 'doctrine'..... "Take these" (and when they don't work, or make you sicker) "Try these then, they're better".

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

Beware experimental medicine..... which as this point is about 75% of all medical 'doctrine'..... "Take these" (and when they don't work, or make you sicker) "Try these then, they're better".

Agreed.

What really grinds me is that Big Pharma keeps saying that they don't know how their drugs work, and don't know the "mechanism." Pure bullpuckey. Drugs have been targeting proteins since Pauling discovered actin's a and b conformations in 1950.

Most medications target proteins, and work by changing the conformation.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Definately useful!!!! I work in healthcare, and yes there are vaccines that we (healthcare workers specifically need ie hep. B) But I know many, including myself, that skip the flu vaccine just for this reason. Whenever I do take the vaccine, I've noticed that I definately get a horrible case of the flu on that given year. I quit taking it, and guess what some years I don't get sick at all or it'll be a 2 day maximum kind of thing as opposed to 7 minimum I would experience with the shot. I'll take my chances and let my system build itself.

top topics

join