It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Future Dates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Well, as this whole thread knows, the Mayan Long Count ends on December 21, 2012. Yes, yes, I know:

"Mak, You're telling us stuff that we already know!"

Well, I've been reading up a little bit more on 2012, and the interesting part is that the Mayans did add future dates.

Now, these dates are set FAR into the future. It's as if the 13th baktun ends, and then they decided to add in a few future dates. They're set around 3,000 years into the future, and it was prophesied by King Pakal.

Now, as to why he posted a future date, I'm not sure. Maybe he didn't believe that the world was going to end, but maybe he also believed that the world may still be here, and that 2012 may not be a doomsday, but a new age.

Interesting stuff.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Sounds interesting since I am fairly new to the 2012 thing. Could you tell me where you read this or what books you are reading. Maybe a link or something on it

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Well, I was hoping I could give you an actual link, but all I could find was the source for a book.

Schele, Linda; David Freidel. A Forest of Kings: The Untold Story of the Ancient Maya. HarperCollins. pp. p. 82. ISBN 0-688-11204-8.

Here is the full quote.

October 21, 4772 — almost 3,000 years into the future. The king Pacal of Palenque predicted that on this date the eightieth Calendar Round anniversary of his accession will be celebrated, suggesting he did not believe the world would end in 2012.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
This is interesting, do you have a link? I am trying to link the Mayan prophecy and the Biblicle prophecy this might help. After the tribulation Jesus is said to reign for 1000 years on earth in peice and then the devil will be let loose again. Maybe these two are linked. I think that 2012 is an end to evil or the devil. I think the Mayans' were the devils prophets. It is the opposite side of the world from Isreal, and everything about it is evil. Anyway the information you mentioned may help me in validating my theory. Thanks~!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

Thanks! I will have to check this book out. Right now I have the "Complete Idiots Guide to 2012." It's been interesting to say the least. I have many other books I want to read that I got from this book. The Mayans were amazing and I want to read more about this 2012 thing. From what I have read it could be bad or good depending on translation I guess.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
OOps sorry you posted your reference while I was working on my request. Thanks a heep...

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Just remember, you can show your thanks by flagging this thread and giving me stars!

As for the link, Melissa, that's all I have.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

Okay, I will give you stars. I am kind of new to this and do not even know how to flag but I would like to (hint hint) if someone could tell me how. And I will take the reference and run with it. A good ivestigator doesnt need much to go on... LOL...

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Melissa101

Wow, I have to say this is quite an interesting take and one that I have never heard before....and I say that by telling you that I have been researching such aspects concerning 2012 for over a year now. I am always on the hunt for new information, so if you don't mind, could you possibly post some areas of reference as a starting point for me to research.

I will mention though, that I have just recently found that the Mayan civilization is believed to be mentioned by secret code in both the Christian and Jewish Bibles, and obviously the Mayan is also repeatedly referenced by Nostradamus who many believe to be a Catholic and Mason.
So maybe I am on to something and this was in fact what you were referring to.

Thanks for any help in advance.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Well, to "flag," all you have to do is click the flag button.

And Felt, here you go:

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

pakalahau.wordpress.com...

[edit on 20/5/09 by Mak Manto]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Get this book

Im about half way through it....so, far it is excellent....Also...the calendar an methods didn't even come from them...the info came from other civilizations....an some of the scientists in the book....their source...was one of the Mayan elders....an he said that there was like 7 other constellations of time keeping and we were the seventh so far...meaning the info on how to do this...was off planet....good book...cheap too...heres a interesting video of a mayan elder....12 baktun is...2012...13 anuh...i do not know exactly when that is...think its the same...

new topics

top topics

join