It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advocates of Gun Rights Are Poised for a Victory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Advocates of Gun Rights Are Poised for a Victory

www.nytimes.com

To the frustration and discouragement of many Democrats, House and Senate lawmakers and aides say it now appears likely that President Obama will this week sign into law a provision allowing visitors to national parks and refuges to carry loaded and concealed weapons.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
It is a small victory, but a victory nonetheless. I honestly don't see why our Second Amendment rights ended where national parks began, to start with. What difference does it really make?

This is promising news. Maybe we'll finally begin to see our Constitutional rights flourish, rather than watch them dwindle, for a change.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I have a feeling that TPTB have realized how quickly the people will wake up and prepare when they sense imminent threats such as the engineered financial collapse and the constriction on the second ammendment. I am proud of my fellow Americans for waking up on a massive scale, getting more active politically, and standing up for themselves.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
this is nice but it's really nothing... a PR stunt, slight of hand or a 'gimme' at best..
There are 2 or 3 other more important bills us gun advocates need to worry about.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a small step but one none the less, things such as this instill hope. In the grand scheme i don't think this means much.

who needs a gun in a national park........???

publicity stunt to quell ill feelings toward the gradual and slow disintegration of the 2nd

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
With all the illegal marijuana crops being grown and the drug labs in the national parks in Calif its about time.

www.npr.org...
www.csmonitor.com...

Even the areas outside the parks it is becoming unsafe because of the drug labs.

I have had to carry a AR15 for the last few years just to explore the calif desert.

top topics

join