It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School minister defends girl's trip

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

School minister defends girl's trip

uk.news.yahoo.com

Education Minister Caitriona Ruane has defended a decision to take her 12-year-old daughter out of school for a trip abroad, despite guidelines advising parents not to do so. Skip related content

The Sinn Fein minister said she had acted responsibly and correctly, despite accusations she had defied educational guidelines recommending parents do not remove pupils from school for trips during term-time.

"My decision to take my daughter on a recent trip to Cyprus during term-time was taken as
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
What more can be said about this other than the sad state of affairs we have today on this planet where parents no longer have the right to make decisions such as taking their child on a 3 day break. Who really cares and why should the state or one of it's PUPPET organisations be allowed to harrass families in this fashion. It seem's more and more that ordinary
person can no longer make decissions concerning their families. One example is the child that did not want to continue with his chemo but as usual the state interfears and says no you have to take it..

anyway fair play to the minister in question. Yet again Sinn Fein breaking ground..

peace

daz__

uk.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I suppose she is only getting harassed because she is the Minister of Education and she doesnt seem to think that the rules/suggestions she created applies to her. I agree that there shouldnt be a rule/suggestion like that to start with. However, parents should have the good sense to let their kids be present for their term exams.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

Greetings,

I do agree with your post justsomeboredude. She is taking heat because of her position, which she should know better. I don't understand why during terms she had to have a vacation because that leaves her kids with a load to come back too and aren't exactly fresh for exams. I'm sure she could have waited but obviously she couldn't wait for the trip.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude
everyone get's harrassed these day's.. It's not just because she is minister.. Most parents have the cop on to not interfere with their kids education.. it's just the state nanny in this case being very dutyful in their endevours. ..

top topics

join