It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Understanding Endorphins - The Way Forward?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
What if endorphins are the bodies way of guiding us in our quest for spirituality, enlightenment and knowledge?

Endorphins are released naturally through various activities including sex, reaching goals, sports etc and artificially using drugs such as ecstasy, canabis and coc aine. What I am proposing is that better understanding endophins is actually a way forward in our quest of not only better understanding of the unknown but toward evolution. The release of endophins seems to open up a window into reality that often feels euphoric, this window seems to connect to even more information and energies. It's as though the body is rewarding the mind for progressing. For me the be all and end all in life is about feeling good and if we have a gland that helps us recognise this (the pituitary gland) and rewards us for not only reaching goals but allowing our conscious minds to shift from their usual mundane seat with the aid of drugs, mediation, sports etc then surely this is telling us something!

Could it be possible that this pea sized gland is actually steering our destiny by rewarding us when we 'do the right thing'? Maybe the answer has been with us all along whereby the right thing to do induces the release of endorphins and steers us in the right direction, a direction which our body and sub-conscious mind is aware of but our conscious mind isn't (not always anyway). IOW the guidence system is already in place, we just need to embrase and understand it!

Any thoughts?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
What an great trait, for the body to reward itself for doing things to advance its well being. If i'm not mistaken, using drugs will eventually make your body slow the release of endorphins, since it is being fed atrificially. I guess it goes to show the term "high on life" has meaning!

-E-

join