It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC News to show pictures of soldiers killed in Iraq

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Why do they have to justify their objections to us? Is there a list of objections that are acceptable?

Um. Whatever. These objectors seem preprogrammed by the notion that the Nightline is left-leaning, so they see anything Nightline does as in opposition of the war. [sarcasm]No, Nightline couldn't possibly be well intentioned.[/sarcasm]

It's OK for the Bush machine to send soldiers to die in a war, but it's not OK for anyone to illustrate the cost of the war. I'm getting dizzy. I think I'm going to ...

[Edited on 30-4-2004 by _alien]

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by _alien

Um. Whatever. These objectors seem preprogrammed by the notion that the Nightline is left-leaning, so they see anything Nightline does as in opposition of the war. [sarcasm]No, Nightline couldn't possibly be well intentioned.[/sarcasm]

I would be willing to give Nightline the benefit of the doubt as to their motives, even though I disagree with them doing so. However, I have found that the same courtesy is never extended from the other side of the aisle when the shoe is on the other foot. Some people would rather choke on their own vomit rather than admit that the Bush administration could do anything right, so blinded are they by their irrational hatred.

Or, maybe they're just afraid of what their buds would think if they thought for themselves.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
... so blinded are they by their irrational hatred.

Another loaded debate tactic: Those that dissent must be doing so out irrational hatred. Disagree on the merits of an argument? Impossible.

The "if the shoe was on the other foot" justification is hollow. Rational political discourse exists on neither "side of the aisle."

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Debate tactic? What debate?

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I think this whole Iraq War is tragic, American lives are needlessly being lost. I have to agree with Skadi in that every life lost has a story, each was a brother/sister, son/daughter, mother/father, friend, spouse and/or some type of family member. Reading off thier names as fallen soldiers doesn't bother me as much as why they are being read. Ted Kopple does have an agenda, as he has since the beginning, and although I am against the war and ashamed of the recent news of how the Iraqi prisoners are being treated, I do not think that the fallen soldiers should be used as pawns in a political debate. If they are to be honored and commended, reading them on national TV for the anti-war movement(one I am a part of) is just simply wrong. A quilt, memorial, etc. IMHO would be more apropos.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join