It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ideas and inventions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Seeing as ATS has such a vast amount of different people visiting, all with various skills, trades, hobbies, thoughts, ideas, opinions etc. etc., is there any possible way of setting up or organising a group who are 'in the know' about getting inventions and ideas a reality?

I currently have three ideas that I would love to work on. One will make gardening a whole lot easier, another will make roads a lot safer with less accidents and less traffic jams/pollution... and i'm not even going to mention the third... yet..

But I just don't know where to start or who to talk to .. My ideas are really cheap to actually put into practice.. but I just dont have the time or tools or resources to get any of this sorted out...

I am sure there are many of us here who sit here, read a thread, watch a tv programme and go 'oooh.. i can better that'... but, like me, just don't know what to do.

And then, alas, a great idea dies...

Now, i know that copyright and patent laws differ from country to country.. and I am aware that if you build a working model, then that is your copyright and patent right there... same with photographers who use film..you hold the negative, you got copyright...

Can all of ATS help with this? Help all of us be a bigger, better community with world changing ideas and programmes and efforts and ways of communicating to 'break the mold'....

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Very often, a discovery will be made, quite by accident, in one discipline, and they scratch their heads and say, "Wow! That's interesting! And then they move on to whatever they were doing just before the "accident."

In another discipline, a group will make a discovery and say, "If we just had a way to wiggle the jiggle . . . " When it's been discovered in another discipline by others.

I always thought a discovery exchange in the US would be a very good thing to accelerate combinations of unrelated technologies, enabling discoveries to be shared and then produced.

On the other hand, even when spectacular discoveries are made, they are either hushed up or confiscated. Dr. Chung's negative resistor was announced, declared to be made available, then withdrawn by higher powers. The assymetrical magnet alone could end our dependence on fuel for power, and the DOE pulled it from public access.

Hundreds of technologies are declared "national security," their patents are squashed, their prototypes are pulled, and they have to disclose everyone who knew of the technology, and then everyone has to sign a non-disclosure agreement on penalty of prison.

The only technologies and the only discoveries that are allowed, or allowed to be protected by Patent Law, are those that some arbitrary group have determined to be acceptable.

If you discovered manna, it would never see the light of day.

new topics

join