It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear war to break out in South Asia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Nuclear war to break out in South Asia

english.pravda.ru

The danger of a nuclear war in the world will remain even if Russia and the United States agree to reduce their strategic offensive arms. Asia’s nuclear powers - India and Pakistan – do not intend to follow the example of the two superpowers. The ongoing standoff in South Asia may lead to catastrophic consequences for the whole world.

The conflict between India and Pakistan lasts for over 60 years already. Their confrontation became especially dangerous after 1998, when both India and Pakistan conducted a series of nuclear tests and showed the world their ability to build nuclear weapon
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
As i and many of you have read threads about war with russia or iran or china, i do feel we need to put several things into perspective. We must understand that each country sends a preliminary message of thoughts before the are in official meeting's by way of the printed media. This method of "communicating" was actually used prior to ww1.

Now you may ask yourself, why newspaper, well simply because the newspaper prints exactly what is given to them, were as the television tends to twist and turn reality to suit their internal programing needs.

In closing i present to you the resent articles from the site of a well known pro Russian site and a pro U.S. site, its interesting to see what messages are being sent to the other.

Don't you love how the Intelligence community operate.

english.pravda.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18-5-2009 by tristar]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Russian Requests

Russia can never surrender its nukes
04/06/2009

This past week, following the G20 conference and with a North Korean missile launch as a back ground, the American president Obama made an impassioned plea for the world to be free of nuclear weapons. In his words, America must lead the way: “As a nuclear power – as the only nuclear power to have used a nuclear weapon – the United States has a moral responsibility to act". He planned on doing this through a series of measures such as the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty and the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. He also proposed gathering up all vulnerable nuclear material, “loose nukes”, within four years.

english.pravda.ru...

----------------------------------------------

Fear of nuclear proliferation makes USA smile to Russia more08.05.2009

The fate of the Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty is about to be solved. US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov held a meeting in Washington May 7, which allowed Russia and the USA find a common language on the problem.
Russia and the USA have reached consent on several principal questions of foreign politics. The above-mentioned meeting was held to conduct a dialogue on fundamental issues prior to Barack Obama’s visit to Russia in July. The White House pins great hopes of the visit. The US administration hopes to at least prolong the START-1 Treaty or ratify the new document, START-2.

english.pravda.ru...

----------------------------------

U.S. Response

Ex-Georgian Leader Urges Saakashvili to Resign
Tuesday, May 12, 2009

TBILISI, Georgia — Former Georgian leader Eduard Shevardnadze says if he were his country's current embattled president he would resign.
Shevardnadze recalled in an interview with The Associated Press Tuesday that he voluntarily stepped down in 2003 to avoid bloodshed during massive public protests known as the Rose Revolution.

The protests propelled U.S.-allied Mikhail Saakashvili into power, but his popularity has declined since last August's botched war with Russia. Saakashvili has been facing daily opposition protests for more than a month, but has refused to resign.
Shevardnadze served as the Soviet Union foreign minister under Mikhail Gorbachev and was widely credited for his role in ending the Cold War.

www.foxnews.com...

Russia Displays Military Might, Invokes Georgia War in Victory Day Celebrations
Saturday, May 09, 2009

MOSCOW — Rows of missiles and tanks rumbled through Moscow's Red Square and dozens of combat jets streaked overhead in the Victory Day parade Saturday in the largest display of military might since the Soviet times.
President Dmitry Medvedev warned sternly that Russia was ready to respond to any challenge and said its military has proven that in real action — a clear reference to the war with neighboring ex-Soviet Georgia.

www.foxnews.com...

So now we come to today's current news, that should not surprise anyone at all. This was just a brief example of joining the dots and looking at news from another perspective.

Mediators: Russians Walk Out of Peace Talks With Georgia
Monday, May 18, 2009

GENEVA — Peace talks aimed at healing rifts from the Russia-Georgia war broke down when the delegations from Russia and Georgia's two separatist provinces refused to take part, mediators said.

"The co-chairs strongly regret the walkout by the Russian participants at the beginning of the fifth session of the Geneva discussions today," said a statement by the United Nations, the European Union and the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe.

The round of talks scheduled for Monday and Tuesday was supposed to be the first meeting since February between Georgia, Russia and Russia's allies from the breakaway Georgian regions of Abkhazia and South Ossetia.

The mediators said the Abkhazian delegation refused to attend the talks. The South Ossetians, who came for the beginning, then walked out, followed by the Russians.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Wow, I certainly dont hope so! I would really hate for something like this to happen.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I'm not so worried about a nuclear exchange between India and Pakistan, it may happen, but probably not.

However, I do have a major concern about that region's nukes. I see a very likely scenario that the Taliban or such will gain control over some or all of Pakistans nuclear weapons.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Well Pakistan and India have never really been close friends and that tension was recently brought to the front lines after the Mumbai terror attacks several months ago.

I don't however believe that either country would ever use Nuclear arms, unless a rogue organization pulled a coup and gained control.

It simply doesn't make any sense. A large scale war, yes, but I have always believed that Nuclear Arms are a symbol of power, nothing more.

~Keeper

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
At this moment, Russia is holding Iran's fate and Israel is pushing the U.S. to act on Iran. What all these various posts fail to understand is that Russia and the U.S. are about to agree on the fate of Pakistan and Iran. If Russia allows the U.S. to officially land in Pakistan then Iran is to be spared and a delegation of U.N. and Russian delegation will establish itself inside, if not, then Iran will be attacked and as a result Georgia will be handed over to Russian control, not as merged nation but as a buffer zone for Nato expansion.

This scenario leaves Pakistan wide open for both U.S. and Russia to decide who will control what sector. India has its sites very firmly set on its long time enemy, and china has many reasons to prepare for everything.

So the poker table has three cards now, and that is an odd number , one needs to loose and the other needs to winIn, 1)Iran, 2)Pakistan, 3)Georgia. In my opinion, Georgia was the fuse which has led to this current situation, its stands to loose all of its nationalism. But i guess thats the price one pays when he decides to be friend a nation thousands of miles away instead of looking across its border and try to co-operate.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
In my opinion nuclear weapons will always be an empty threat. And the reason why so many smaller countries want them so bad. So the bigger kids cant pick on them anymore.
And by big kids i mean the USA.

[color=lightgreen]-------------------------------------------------------------------------

the use of nuclear weapons is one of the dumbest things you can do, especially when the opposition has them aimed at you. You send 1 at them, they send one back, so by hurting your enemy they just hurt you for the same amount

itd be like playing chess, bleeding peices. going rook for rook, queen for queen, pawn for pawn, knight for knight...until only the kings remain and its a draw.

[color=lightgreen]-------------------------------------------------------------------------

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
If anyone is following this thread you can now see the latest response to Russian requests and U.S. answers.

Obama tells Israel to stop settlements
Posted 2 hours 19 minutes ago
Updated 1 hour 46 minutes ago

Four months after taking office, US President Barack Obama has entered the elusive quest for Middle East peace, delivering a blunt message to Israel about the future of peace talks.

Mr Obama used a much-anticipated Oval Office meeting with Israel's new Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to stress that a two-state solution remains the goal of the United States.

"[We want] to achieve a two-state solution in which Israelis and Palestinians are living side by side in peace and security," he said.

"We have seen progress stalled on this front, and I suggested to the Prime Minister that he has an historic opportunity to get a serious movement on this issue during his tenure."

But the Israeli leader could not be coaxed into mentioning a Palestinian state; the failure to endorse the cornerstone of America's Middle East policy exposing a rare rift in US-Israeli relations.

"I want to start peace negotiations with the Palestinians immediately. I want to make it clear that we don't want to govern the Palestinians," he said.

"We want to live in peace with them; we want them to govern themselves, absent a handful of powers that could endanger the state of Israel.

"There'll have to be compromises by Israelis and Palestinians alike. We're ready to do our share; we hope the Palestinians will do their share as well."

and he most interesting comment out of all this article and is obviously directed to the Russian's is the following.

Mr Obama says the US offer to talk to Iran about its nuclear program will not stay open forever. "We should have a fairly good sense by the end of the year as to whether they are moving in the right direction," he said.

www.abc.net.au...

So the time line has been set by the U.S. and in the next few days we should see a reply from the Russian side. Obviously this means that all attention is to be focussed on Pakistan and its stability as a country.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by epitaph.one
In my opinion nuclear weapons will always be an empty threat. And the reason why so many smaller countries want them so bad. So the bigger kids cant pick on them anymore.
And by big kids i mean the USA.

the use of nuclear weapons is one of the dumbest things you can do, especially when the opposition has them aimed at you. You send 1 at them, they send one back, so by hurting your enemy they just hurt you for the same amount

itd be like playing chess, bleeding peices. going rook for rook, queen for queen, pawn for pawn, knight for knight...until only the kings remain and its a draw.

Agreed.

Unfortunatly many here won't see it like that.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

They were a hairs breadth away from using them before...i dont see why it couldnt escalate again.Im pretty surprised India did exert any force on Pakistan after the mumbai attacks.Pakistan and India going nuclear is nearly always just one wrong turn away imo.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by tothetenthpower

They were a hairs breadth away from using them before...i dont see why it couldnt escalate again.Im pretty surprised India did exert any force on Pakistan after the mumbai attacks.Pakistan and India going nuclear is nearly always just one wrong turn away imo.

The reason why India did not create any issues was due to the following:

FBI completes probe in Mumbai attack; indicates Pak role

New Delhi, Dec 23: Less than a month after the unprecedented terror strikes in Mumbai, US' FBI has completed its probe in India and found evidence of a Pakistan security establishment being involved in the carnage and its team was likely to go there to prepare a chargesheet against the guilty.

"Pak claims no record of Ajmal in its national database"

As the FBI winds up the probe that commenced on December one, the top US Intelligence official John Michael McConnell, who heads the Director of National Intelligence, air dashed to the national capital and held series of meetings with the FBI team probing the case.

The FBI is understood to have found evidence about the role of a Pakistani security establishment other than the ISI being involved in the November 26 terror strikes in Mumbai that left over 180 people dead including six American nationals, official sources said.

and

Director of National Intelligence (DNI) is considered to be the most powerful intelligence official of the US government under direct command and control of the US President and reports to him only.

www.zeenews.com...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I think this is once again just an attention grabbing headline to get viewers reading. The article does not really back up the headline, it is just kind of tacked on. With the world in the state it is in now if someone were to use Atomic weapons all bets would be off, and i believe the world superpowers would unite to stop it.
Just think how different things would have been if Franklin D Roosevelt okay'd a check for 2 billion dollars for a defence against nuclear arms instead of developing them.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I think there's other messages in print too. Its kind of a bantering or bargaining back and forth, or setting terms. But one of my fears is its also strategic commands. Like perhaps a go ahead to start something. I really believe they are readying themselves to start at war of contracts that would depopulate much of the world. This means, one person attacks and the others follow due to their contracts with each other.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by The Mack

Well no one is suggesting that the U.S. or Russia or any other nation is going to launch a strike, its the rogue nations that are the primary problem. If you have read through my links, you will notice a pattern emerging.

Given that at any time a person could possibly wipe out millions and create a domino effect its something that is taken extremely serious. The stakes are high and this is no time for hypothetical or moral thinking.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by tristar]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by epitaph.one

Sorry to go off subject but what did you do to get a warning ?

Back to subject , I feel that Iran is not going to give in and give up there oil , if they do it will be to Russia. Liked said in earlier post nukes are just a show of power, No one really wants to use them because the next one that does will be hated world wide.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

Depends on the country.If its any of the big ones they wont just be hated by the world,they will be a turned into a glass crater.And Russia has a better civil defence plan or so i hear than America...so in a nuclear exchange no doubt Russia would be the victor...if you could call it that.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by Grayelf2009

Depends on the country.If its any of the big ones they wont just be hated by the world,they will be a turned into a glass crater.And Russia has a better civil defence plan or so i hear than America...so in a nuclear exchange no doubt Russia would be the victor...if you could call it that.

This has nothing to do with Russia or America, any mention of these two nations going head to head in a nuclear exchange is purely fiction.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
In the article below you now see how everything is falling into place, the article is a pro Russian site so the message has been acknowledged and both super powers are crossing the T's and dotting the I's.

Both Russian and U.S. have their responsibility in controlling there satellite states to make sure they are kept under control and no spontaneous actions are take by any governments. In two days we shall read the outcome of the sco meetings since Russia will order all nations to stand down. If you have followed the time line you now have a better understanding how nations work with each other without it ever being official until they both have finalized the minor paragraphs. Welcome to a fraction of the Intelligence Community.

SCO Security Council secretaries to meet in Moscow on May 20
18.05.2009, 13.50

MOSCOW, May 18 (Itar-Tass) -- The fourth meeting of Security Council secretaries of the member-countries of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) will be held in Moscow on May 20 under the chairmanship of the Russian side.

Security Council secretaries of Russia - - Nikolai Patrushev,
Kazakhstan - - Kairbek Suleimenov,

member of the State Council - -
Minister of Public Security of China Meng Jianzhu,

Kyrgyzstan - - Adakhan Madumarov,

Tajikistan - - Amirkul Azimov,

Uzbekistan - - Murod Atayev,

SCO General Secretary Bolat Nurgaliyev and director of the executive council of the SCO Regional Antiterrorist Agency Myrzakan Subanov will take part in the meeting.

The meeting participants are to exchange views on ways of strengthening coordination of the joint activity in the sphere of ensuring security and stability in the SCO space and on improvement of mechanisms of cooperation within the framework of the organization.

www.itar-tass.com...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Israel practicing for new war?

Tel Aviv has embarked on another round of large-scale military exercise as speculations of an Israeli-initiated war run high.

www.presstv.ir...

Medvedev invites Ahmadinejad to SCO summit

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev has invited his Iranian counterpart to participate in an upcoming Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) summit.

www.presstv.ir...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join