It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They will pick us off one at a time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
On the subject of revolution, which seems to be popping up more frequently lately, I feel that they will not wait until anyone actually comes up with a plan, a new Declaration of Independence if you will, and tries to organize/execute it.

They stand a much better chance of quelling any such attempt by rounding up people individually, and quietly, so the news cannot spread and infuriate anyone into riots or attempts at revolution.

They are in fact doing this as we speak by trying to introduce various forms of legislation such as the "No fly, No Buy" bill.

And since they obviously perceive our esteemed veterans as a major threat and player in this, it is no surprise that they are going after them too by labeling them as potential domestic enemies.

Alex Jones is saying they've just introduced legislation to ban guns at will, to completely disarm the American public.

So in effect the S is indeed hitting the fan, and this may force a move by concerned groups sooner than wanted or planned for. It's either that or be a subject of tyranny with no recourse at all.

There are more indicators too. A recent move to force active military to provide information on their own privately held firearms is one example. They are even scared of those in the military- and they should be.

So what's the answer?

Sorry, but I don't have one. I can only say that no action at all will result in exactly what "they" want. Total control with no hope of recourse for the average citizen. It is happening incrementally, just like the "drop the frog in the boiling pot of water" adage.

They are backing everyone into a corner, leaving only one course of action and that is total rejection of their plans and dismantling of the current government- and by force if necessary. Since no amount of screaming or public protests are working, I want you to tell me what other option there is. I am all ears.

[edit on Mon May 18th 2009 by TrueAmerican]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

You speak the truth, I have a feeling that sooner or later (after the passing of this bill) they labels will start to be attached to people and groups. After that occurs, they will undoubtedly come to take said groups/peoples guns a way. When this occurs is when you will see things hit the fan and the people start to push back.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Yup, no doubt. I see your point.

Before you know it, all our actions are gonna come back and bite us right in the ass. I see a global meltdown in the horizon quicker then you think.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
As much as I hope and pray for a violent end of our opressors, sadly I believe that the average American will do nothing as long as there is a cheeseburger at McDonalds for them to purchase with a relatively small ammount of cash.

Who said "An army marches on their stomach."? I realy dont know, I do believe they meant something quite different from me, However, I think as long as the average American is relatively fat and happy, a revolution will just be a quickly quelled riot.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Tyler 720

That would be Napoleon, I believe...

And McD's has been doing rather well, in fact their profits just increased like whoa last year- and that is attributed to the economy. Cheap food. If you want to call that food.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
When I converse with the freest of my neighbors, I perceive that, whatever they may say about the magnitude and seriousness of the question, and their regard for the public tranquillity, the long and the short of the matter is, that they cannot spare the protection of the existing government, and they dread the consequences to their property and families of disobedience to it. They are not yet aware that it costs them less in every sense to incur the penalty of disobedience to the State than it would to obey.

If a thousand men were not to pay their tax-bills this year, that would not be a violent and bloody measure, as it would be to pay them, and enable the State to commit violence and shed innocent blood. This is, in fact, the definition of a peaceable revolution, if any such is possible.

As for adopting the ways which the State has provided for remedying the evil, I know not of such ways. They take too much time, and a man's life will be gone. Men generally, under such a government as this, think that they ought to wait until they have persuaded the majority to alter them.

-Henry Thoreau

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

Ahh yes... The old stop paying taxes argument.

Well, that's good. The more exposure to that idea the better. Thanks. Star for joo.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Even in our nation's early days, there were a few firebrands that were necessary to kick things off.

The firebrands were not the same ones to lead the fighting, they were not the ones who came up with the Constitution, nor the ones to man the post-Revolution statehouse.

The firebrands were crazy as hell, and dedicated as hell. In today's terminology, I think they'd be called fanatical hotheads.

God knows we have enough of those in this nation, but so far, there has been no defining element that the populace has determined unacceptable enough to fight over.

Getting closer.

Getting mighty close.

Just not there yet.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The other option is local government. You can hold local government accountable. The county can be held accountable by the local government. What the elite have done is made you think the Federal Government was in control of it all. How many of you know who is running for city counsel in your area? Start there...you will make a difference guaranteed.

If you want a revolution you are going to have to start local anyway. Might as well do it now, and hopefully you change the course in the process.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
...but so far, there has been no defining element that the populace has determined unacceptable enough to fight over.

Yeah because this time around they got a lot smarter and bought out the media. How can the population become furious enough to fight when the MSM won't report on issues that matter to true patriots?

With this latest legislation H.R. 2159, The Denying Firearms and Explosives to Dangerous Terrorists Act of 2009, it gives the attorney general, AND HIS MINIONS unprecedented power to define anyone he sees fit as a "terrorist" and confiscate their firearms and refuse sale of them. That includes vets, militias, activists and anyone else. If them ain't fightin words, I don't know what is!

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
@ Dooper
The few firebrands that kicked things off in the colonies were generally men of great prestige. Men with wealth and means and power. In my small opinion, I don't see that happening today. The men with wealth and power today, for the most part, use the standing government as a tool to obtain their wealth and power. And in turn they are sold to the institution which makes them rich.

@ ExPostFacto
"The other option is local government. You can hold local government accountable."
I agree with you here except for the fact that there is little to no interest in it. Nothing would make me happier than to see a large push toward more local control and decision making, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I don't see it happening.

Just simply don't pay for the injustice, if that is your stance. I say, break the law. Do not lend yourself to the wrong which you condemn. Let your abstinence be a counter friction to stop the machine. Don't pay. What could be easier? When the subject has refused allegiance, and the officer has resigned his office, then the revolution is complete.

The soldier is applauded who refuses to serve in an unjust war by those who do not refuse to sustain the unjust government which started the war.

"I saw that, if there was a wall of stone between me and my townsmen, there was a still more difficult one to climb or break through, before they could get to be as free as I was. Under a government which imprisons any unjustly, the true place for a just man is also a prison.

I did not for a moment feel confined, and the walls seemed a great waste of stone and mortar. They had resolved to punish my body; just as boys, if they cannot come at some person against whom they have a spite, will abuse his dog. I saw that the State was half-witted and that it did not know its friends from its foes, and I lost all my remaining respect for it, and pitied it. It is not armed with superior wit or honesty, but with superior physical strength. I was not born to be forced. I will breathe after my own fashion. Let us see who is the strongest! "

[edit on 18-5-2009 by METACOMET]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
For some unknown reason today, I just feel really unsettled! Anyone else feel that? Its just as if something is going to go down soon.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Pokémon

lol, I feel that way every day.
And I want it to stop. And the only way I feel it is going to is if and when we vindicate our forefathers- who are turning perpetual 360's in their graves right about now.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
They will pick us off one at a time...

Unless we all decide to unite in enclaves and perimeter protect each other...

Just my random thought for the day.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I think you make a good point True. I also believe that all the legislation and security/spying measures they are putting into place are there for the very purpose of control. I have actually been quite surprised that no militias have made a show say at the G20 in Pittsburgh or Hardin Montana. I think they will continue to try to bait such groups into showing themselves as I am also sure they are sending agents provacateurs to penetrate patriotic organizations, especially those with a military bent.
I do have hope though in that I am seeing both the far right and far left in the US finding some common ground that didn't exist before. Both sides have realized that the gov't does not represent them and indeed only work for the benefit of the international banking cartels. These are the parasites that profit off the labors and troubles of others. Mankind would do well to shed themselves of such vermin.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I do not believe that they will take away our rights to bare arms!
Try doing that in the South and the good ol boys that vote Republican will shoot them.

It won't happen. IMO

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

No revolution will ever happen within the US. Why, because it's a known fact that, obesity and being a lazy ass runs rampant.

And NO, it's not your fault, media, ads, etc have worked these people over to the point it's almost mind control.

Prove me wrong, go rebel.

The American people need to be helped by the world. Not the American Gov't, just the people.

new topics

top topics

join