It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glen Beck newly awakened or a diversionist?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I am not a Glen Beck fan but I listen on an occasion, mainly just to hear what twist he is going to put on the news of the day.

I almost wrecked my car when I heard him say today that he had been talking to his wife about getting a tutor to teach his children Mandarin Chinese.

He claims that China is going to be the new world power.

Now this by itself is no big shock. The big shock comes from the fact that I have been saying this for at least the last three years. I have said that while people are making a fuss about the Spanish language signs that are seen all over America and the demand for and sometimes the requirement for some opportunities of employment being the ability to speak Spanish; that the language soon to be demanded was going to be Chinese.

I even wrote to Glen my views on this obvious future outcome.

Of course I was a tin foil hat wearing idiot when I remarked on the high probability factor of China taking the world stage.

Now suddenly Glen is saying the same thing.

What is this guy really up to?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

I don’t know personally I think he is a dancing monkey for ratings. I find it quite painful to watch his show. I feel as though my intelligence has been assaulted every time.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
First, I suspect that Fox News is in the ratings business. Since the other networks basically cover the same stories with the same or similar "opinion" or agenda, Fox stands to profit from covering issues that attract the disgruntled among us.

Second, the viewers are being polled statistically.

Third, by ramping up divisions between us, we become easily segregated, tagged and branded.

Fourth, By standing apart from the other MSM networks, Fox's talking heads correllate revolutionary talk with instability and insanity.

My personal opinion.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ant4AU
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

I don’t know personally I think he is a dancing monkey for ratings. I find it quite painful to watch his show. I feel as though my intelligence has been assaulted every time.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by Ant4AU]

Exactly as do I, and the way he pulls over his "crying" just makes me feel ill. I wonder whos he trying to fool here? Really folks dont bother with fox, there are other sources of information and more underground news outlets to source your information from. Fox is taking advantage of those who feel left out.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I think Beck is awakened...although I wonder why FOX has him on, unless they are trying to bring in an audience using Beck.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
I think Beck is awakened...although I wonder why FOX has him on, unless they are trying to bring in an audience using Beck.

Awakened?

I am not trying to beat up on Glen but I have real hard accepting Glen Beck as sincere.

He claims to suddenly embrace all the things that just a couple of months ago he was gleefully telling his audience was nonsense being espoused by a bunch of people that were two steps from the loony bin.

Now in a blink of an eye his opinion has just changed?

It just seems just a little fishy to me.

Though I will admit that teaching his children Mandarin Chinese is not a bad idea.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Yeah, I don't think he has awakened. Only a few months ago he bashed conspiracy theorists... and mocked people who believed in them (see the whole FEMA camp thing). Why should I trust him now?

[edit on 18-5-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I was posting quite a few Glenn Beck videos in the past.

I quit doing it.

I think he believes what he says...and I don't agree with him on many things...although I do believe that our government is WAY TOO BIG.

He's right on quite a few things....but.

His pro war stance and his push for religion in his show loses me. I have a hard time listening to somebody complain about spending when we have spent trillions of dollars on an unjustified war. He thinks it's justified.

That's just what he believes....he far different than the other hosts on Fox. He's definitely more libertarian than the others. He isn't necessarily against the legalization of marijuana...which was surprising to me.

But most of all....he beats up on Ron Paul and talks about Sarah Palin WAY WAY WAY too much.

Oh how I wish she'd go away. She wasn't the answer before...and she won't be in the future....none of the same old Republicans are.

If he thinks Sarah Palin is going to shrink government....then he has to be nuts...because i guarantee she will never do that.

He talks about the NWO...but he refers to it as transnationalism. He talks about it all the time...and he also talks about the federal reserve often as well...which is good imo.

But he has yet to mention...as far as i know...the HR 1207 "Audit the Fed" bill.

How can he NOT be talking about this?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Oh...and I just wanted to add.

I do listen to his radio show sometimes at work...immediately after his show..Tom Hartman is on.

He's a liberal Glenn Beck. Talks about conspiracies of the Bush administration quite often...doesn't rail against Democrats that much though.

He's talked about the Cheney Death Squads and all the mysterious deaths of scientists years ago.

Oh..and surprise surprise....he also promotes the buying of GOLD!

He's a big anti-NAFTA...single payer health care guy.

join