It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the belief in the NWO a religion?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
The religion of NWO Conspiracy.

Of late I have notice the amount of fear on the forums. Economic fears, flu Fears, NWO fear, Alien Fear. 2012 fear.

It got me thinking. Fear, control, power, NWO conspiracy......its very like a religion.

Except with conspiracy theories, its the NWO(wether controlled by humans or aliens etc. as there are many types of this belief) take on a kind of malevolent God.

If we go against the NWO(god), we will be punished. The NWO are everywhere, appear all knowing and can do anything at anytime. They appear timeless, and traced back into antiquity.

The NWO(god) anoints the chosen to lead the people. The Elite, are the chosen messengers of the NWO.

The NWO will send its own messiah to lead the people, to join them as one and deliver them in times of turmoil.

We are pawns in an unknowable game with a power that seem overwhelming which can do what ever it wants. It knows all, at all times and is always in control.

We believe we are free, or are sold that illusion to an end we cannot know, questioning our existence and how the NWO(god) will direct and influence that existence looking for signs from the NWO that foretell its intentions or actions.

We turn aspects of society and individuals into cathedrals and prophets of the NWO. Both good and bad, like angels or demons. The MSM, Politicians(messiahs and anointed ones), Armies, authority, courts that do the bidding of the NWO(g*d) and those prophets of the conspiracy religion who tell of visions of the NWO(g*d) apocalypse, and reveal insights into the hidden mysteries of this NWO.

Everything that happens that is bad in the world is because of the NWO(god). These events appear unstoppable.

If there was no NWO or we(those faithful to the conspiracy theory) could overcome and defeat it(by spreading and informing and converting the sheeple to the theory of the NWO), we would be in paradise as all the worlds problem are caused by the NWO(g*d).

There is an inevitable revelation awaiting us at the hands of the NWO and only the believers(faithful to the conspiracy theory) who know can prepare to survive, the none-believers(sheeple) are doomed in their ignorance(lack of faith) and will forgo salvation.

People question the existence of NWO, there are those that believe and those that don't.

Those that believe do so on evidence that may be based on uncritical bias rather than a sincere inquiry into other explanations. This is inherently religious, but this is not to say that solid and practical exploration of NWO conspiracy does not happen, but we can say this about people who believe in the Christian G*d, Spirits, Mediums etc. as well.
Religion. Conspiracy. Fear. NWO?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Yeah i've notice that an awful lot of con theorists are also from some crazy sect of a religion - southern baptist, etc.

To me it's almost as if some people can't face the concept that they're in charge and to blame for the worlds sorry state.

to be honest i think if we were more sensible about how we live our lives then there would be zero chance of a group like the NWO existing, as it stands people are so dump and willing to buy into things they don't understand or disagree with on principle that indeed the world is destined to become full of shadow groups of power elites.

If you think about it from the start at some point all religions were conspiracy theories, 'they're trying to suppress us, believe this and it'll set you free....' i guess most people just want something to follow. Kinda depressing really.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by NatureBoy

Thanks for your reply,
Perhaps it is in our nature to bestow upon certain aspects of our life a power that goes beyond what we can know as a mechanism to cope?
Instead of refrencing the traditional, the NWO conspiracy is a new version.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by NatureBoy

Just wanted to add too, that I don't think it is depressing, the context of the belief can be, but I think its really interesting, the complex mythologies, all the different players involved so to speak, how it evolves and morphs. There are now multiple branches to this tree of belief. IMHO.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
HEHEHEHEHHEHEHE

LOL!!!
The NWO a religion?

Fascinating! I never thought of it that way.

Here I am trying to run from all religious/political labels and you throw this out there........

Since there is no official church that the members goto, it is a buildingless religion. Those with faith in dogma already seem to be the most taken in by this "religion". They worship it at home and even in their own church services. I meet a lot of christians that are very concerned about this. Even their own faith and dogma doesn't stop them from being worried. I suppose their god can not save them because of how scared they are...at least the ones I have met.

Very fascinating thread!!!!

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Organised religion and governance are two manifestations of the same thing: hierarchical control of humans. So yes, they do meet. If by religion you don't mean the institution but the belief system, then no, not really. Belief in religion, for the most part, is a personal conviction, usually not based on anything substantial (unless you do happen to sync up with universal frequencies, but that's another thread), while the NWO has plenty of evidence to back it up, and is basically an object of sociologic study. There most definately is a group of controllers (read influencers, memetic desseminators) out there. It's researchable, verifiable. Most religions are not.

The fear based control system is possible with a NWO base idea, so yes, it could become a religion. Perhaps the people behind the NWO do hope to subjugate the worlds faiths into a faith in them. What better control mechanism could their be? Oh right, the chip.

And as a last personal note: It's possible to reach the sacred without the middlemans. We are all god's thoughts, this is my cosmology, so there is no need to subjugate to another person's dogma, ever. Just trust yourself, love thy neighbour and experience.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oolon

Fascinating! I never thought of it that way.

Here I am trying to run from all religious/political labels and you throw this out there........
That is why I believe it may be religious, as people run from tradition, a new mythological all powerful being is formed as the control, the power, the influence.

Since there is no official church that the members goto, it is a buildingless religion.
Well, there are those that think the masons are NWO, so they have churches. Those that believe in the conspiracy theory have a new church, the Net. Conspiracy expo's where the "alien conspiracy" and the NWO is discussed.

Those with faith in dogma already seem to be the most taken in by this "religion". They worship it at home and even in their own church services. I meet a lot of christians that are very concerned about this. Even their own faith and dogma doesn't stop them from being worried. I suppose their god can not save them because of how scared they are...at least the ones I have met.

Very fascinating thread!!!!

Thank you. And yes as wth all other religious beliefs you wil get cross over of philosophies, dogma and doctrine in societies such as ours where access and exposure to many beliefs via the Media, through the Internet, TV, popular culture is high.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

actually what was i thinking depressing? that's a stupid thing to say, thanks for pointing that out.

It's a awesome part of the complex dance of society and it's truly beautiful! Of course people want to follow, want to take hints from their peers - if not how would we be here? the world would be chaos.

I think that the world needs different types of people, we can't all follow and we can't all lead -simple as that. I think of society like a hunting party, some people need to scout ahead (sp they must be fast) while others lead the main party (must be a good leader, smart) of followers who all have their own strengths (most likely actual strength in our analogy) while around the edges of the group attentive guards protect the flanks and rear (need a good vision of everything around)

The main body of people will always follow the leaders while the flankguards will always look out for trouble, people need to be different it's the only way.

So no you are totally right, it's not depressing - it's just part of life, i'm not like that myself but then if everyone was like me we would never have actually finished anything ever - we'd just find out about it, start until we know how it all works then get board and day dream about the next thing.... before you know it a half finished something is laying in the dust

I suppose the best thing would be if people accepted people's differences and just let people get on with their lives however the want to live it. Alas it seems that everyone's addicted to trying to win converts at the moment, hehe even me from the sound of it

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by NatureBoy

To me it's almost as if some people can't face the concept that they're in charge and to blame for the worlds sorry state.

Truer words have never been spoken! So many people appear to have an aversion to responsibility these days. Rampant victim complex also plays a part. It's the best excuse people have had in decades for not getting off their arses!

If you think about it from the start at some point all religions were conspiracy theories, 'they're trying to suppress us, believe this and it'll set you free....' i guess most people just want something to follow. Kinda depressing really.

Indeed, hence the word sheeple!

IRM

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
They admit to creating a nwo, so why do you think it is just based on faith. The rulers in society even write bout what they want. While bush senior was president, he even said it on tv, about a nwo. Adolf hitler wrote about the nwo.

Lol

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mindmelding

while the NWO has plenty of evidence to back it up, and is basically an object of sociologic study. There most definately is a group of controllers (read influencers, memetic desseminators) out there. It's researchable, verifiable. Most religions are not.
You raise an interesting point. When you say that there is evidence, it is evidence to the believer. As with all evidence, there are alternative explanations, yet those that believe in the NWO dismiss these alternatives. Religion is researchable, it is the definitions we give "evidence" that makes one a believer or not. There are plenty of religious people who will tell you that scientifically speaking, there is evidence to support a belief in the chritian G*d. There are those who are psychi that will tell you that what they do is real and have evidence to support it. In these cases those that believe accept that evidence over all other explanations, just like those that believe in the NWO do.
The fact that the NWO remains a conspiracy theory is important. And I can see that as "evidence" that there is no real concrete proof that a group of elite people are controlling the world for their own ends to achieve an objective only those that believe in the conspiracy are aware of.(and note the mant many variations of the objectives, rationale, end game scenarios of the NWO conspiracy).

The fear based control system is possible with a NWO base idea, so yes, it could become a religion. Perhaps the people behind the NWO do hope to subjugate the worlds faiths into a faith in them. What better control mechanism could their be? Oh right, the chip.
I agree, that is why it has religious overtones. BTW The Chip could be viewed as an updated version of a biblical mark of the beast which I know is sited ad naseum as the two topic cross over.

And as a last personal note: It's possible to reach the sacred without the middlemans. We are all god's thoughts, this is my cosmology, so there is no need to subjugate to another person's dogma, ever. Just trust yourself, love thy neighbour and experience.
Beautiful words which we all could live by, as I don't see fear there at all, lovely.
But there seems to be an underlying insecurity that urges us to create these figures of authority, power and control that invoke much fear. I find it very interesting. Thank you for your thought provoking post.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
They admit to creating a nwo, so why do you think it is just based on faith. The rulers in society even write bout what they want. While bush senior was president, he even said it on tv, about a nwo. Adolf hitler wrote about the nwo.

Lol
And these have been interwoven into a much broader myth. Whenever the term gets mentioned, its as if it implies that all else that is attached to these words are true. These people also mention G*d, does that mean G*d is real too?

I bet people would say that these people like Bush use the word G*d to appeal to people, to manipulate, rhetoric for the masses. Why is the term NWO any different.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

So no you are totally right, it's not depressing - it's just part of life, i'm not like that myself but then if everyone was like me we would never have actually finished anything ever - we'd just find out about it, start until we know how it all works then get board and day dream about the next thing.... before you know it a half finished something is laying in the dust
LOL. NatureBoy, you just described my religion, haha.

I suppose the best thing would be if people accepted people's differences and just let people get on with their lives however the want to live it. Alas it seems that everyone's addicted to trying to win converts at the moment, hehe even me from the sound of it
Yes, or not see so much fear in things I believe its this anxiety and fear which promotes a desire to believe in some of these concepts.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Truer words have never been spoken! So many people appear to have an aversion to responsibility these days. Rampant victim complex also plays a part. It's the best excuse people have had in decades for not getting off their arses!

IRM
I think it also works in a way to difuse any real resistence to real change either, as people who accept a belief in the NWO conspiracy kind of become Born again, those that claim they have awakened to the matrix, as I have seen many people say this. It is more a fact that they now accept and take on a new mythology that is not really much different to the traditional ones. No real societal change comes of this jump in belief, and we are stuck in an old paradigm with a new face, afraid of the Vengeful, all powerful NWO.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
One ant can't stop the magnifying glass but 1 million can. When you "wake up" you do feel fear because you see something surrounding you that wants your thinking spark entombed and your mind and body enslaved.

when you wake up more, you lose all fear, when you put yourself inside the sun and see trillions of years back and forward at the same time, you don't feel fear, you gain empowerment. For we are here and we are discussing these things because we must. Because, we did. As fate would have it. What awaits us.?!

SYSTEM SHOCK

Shatter the system

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by depth om
One ant can't stop the magnifying glass but 1 million can. When you "wake up" you do feel fear because you see something surrounding you that wants your thinking spark entombed and your mind and body enslaved.
But what happens when one million invent the magnifying glass?
What happens when One invents the necessary mechanisms that inhibits its own the spark but blames that very mechanism?
What happens when we relegate our existence to that of first being the slave that needs to be freed by those that have the answer?
We get religion.
We get Conspiracy.
We get a NWO.

when you wake up more, you lose all fear when you put yourself inside the sun and see trillions of years back and forward at the same time, you don't feel fear, you gain empowerment. For we are here and we are discussing these things because we must. Because, we did. As fate would have it. What awaits us.?!
I am more concerned with loving my family, friends in my community, They are my sun. I am not worried about looking backwards and forwards into an infinite as I accept the finite nature of my viscera in this existence, so I will enjoy it as it is mine.

I appreciate your reply but Obtuse parables are not empowering, they confuse with abstract notions and can only be utilised as thoughtless lines in a diatribe of meaninglessness, Yes they are as visible as any sun. There for all to see, yet distant , untouchable and unknowable but give you a warm fuzzy feeling.

SYSTEM SHOCK

Shatter the system
Self-Destruction. I actually prefer growth in understanding.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I suppose I will serve a different purpose to the universe than you will, as we all will. I don't have a wife or children and frankly I'm not ready for that responsibility.

Growth in understanding is limited to the information you receive and are thus able to stand under and interpret. Information is relative to it's environment and when I said shatter the system, it's like destroying your greenhouse that is built improperly, then using the material from it to rebuild it into one that promotes growth and life instead of death and desires.

The more information, viable information, true info, that you receive, the more your eye should open up to the disgusting parody we live in. Good friends a beautiful wife and kids, and a good beer can make the sting go away, but for ME, I'm tired of knowing it will be even worse down the line if we stay comfortable with our friends and family.

I am not alone in my attitudes and the system is in for a shock. We just need to build the current, infiltrate the actual systems and overload them.
They want us to merely get angry and stay unorganized, letting off horrible displays of pent up frustration and rage which are almost always directed at innocent people. I am not for that, I am for creating the real governing body of human beings not soulless husks made out of fake money.

What happened to the fight for freedom? We slowly had the covers pulled back over our collective mind. We are not free, just semi-comfortable.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by atlasastro
I think it also works in a way to difuse any real resistence to real change either, as people who accept a belief in the NWO conspiracy kind of become Born again, those that claim they have awakened to the matrix, as I have seen many people say this. It is more a fact that they now accept and take on a new mythology that is not really much different to the traditional ones. No real societal change comes of this jump in belief, and we are stuck in an old paradigm with a new face, afraid of the Vengeful, all powerful NWO.

I think your pretty close to the mark there mate.

IRM

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by depth om
Thanks for your reply Depth Om.

Growth in understanding is limited to the information you receive and are thus able to stand under and interpret.
Of course it is, it works this way with NWO conspiracies too, which is why it has religious overtones to me. I find that there are those that say that they are awakened, or aware but could it be that their perspective is now focused on this belief and that informs the way they interpret information. Like a belief finding its own truth, rather than finding a truth and then forming a belief. I think these are valid observations and raise some question especially when you raise this matter on the limits of information and in particular its interpretation.

Information is relative to it's environment and when I said shatter the system, it's like destroying your greenhouse that is built improperly, then using the material from it to rebuild it into one that promotes growth and life instead of death and desires.
I understood your point. I have heard it many times before. I find it interesting that there are those like you that endorse a need to "shatter the system" or destroy the "new world order" in order to usher in YOUR version of a new world order, I have lost count of the Utopian ideals(Venus project and the like) that I have come across by those determined to see an end to a NWO that is only guessed at, eluded to or derived from only those machinations of an imperfect humanity that support that view. The fact that the crux of the reasoning behind the need to shatter the system may be more myth than reality is a point well worth considering before you destroy anything, after all the topic of the thread is based on that possibility. I am not here to deny the many and obvious flaws in the way we live as a human race, I am here to question the excuses and myths that seem to spring up around a group who seem to always be sourced as the cause of these, the NWO.

The more information, viable information, true info, that you receive, the more your eye should open up to the disgusting parody we live in.
What people label as truth, what is true and what is viable is totally subjective to ones experiences, you could use that analogy with any religious belief or lack thereof, I think we can agree that this is obvious when we look at those who accept or dismiss the Idea of the NWO.
You are entitled to believe that life is a disgusting parody. I could say the same to those that hold a belief that we are all controlled by a malevolent NWO. But tell me, how sick is a parody that tries to overcome illness through medicine and science, how disgusting are those NGO groups and communities that strive and endeavour to help those less fortunate than themselves. How pathetic are political activists that endeavour to pursue Govt. and Authorities that would abuse our rights. How twisted is a parody that allows people to aspire to build a business, home and life in order to educate, feed and house their loved ones, and then if that fails tries to support them with employment services, subsidised housing and free Health care(which my country does through medicare, dept of housing and the CES) that tax payers pay for. I am sure they are imperfect but these are just some small aspects of "the system", yet no one gives the NWO a clap for these because they are Good aspects.

Good friends a beautiful wife and kids, and a good beer can make the sting go away, but for ME, I'm tired of knowing it will be even worse down the line if we stay comfortable with our friends and family.
I'm tired of those that have bought into a belief that having a relationship, raising kids, maintaining friendships in hope, is some kind of panacea to help ignore the worlds woes, even more so from those who may base these belief on the myths and a NWO organisation we can never truly know or truly understand given the nature of the NWO as described by those very people who claim it as the truth, can you see a paradox.
BTW I don't drink beer. A bad habit I picked up from years of triathlon racing.
You know, maybe it is the fact that you don't have any of this that it is easy for you to look down on this normal human behaviour as being some kind of societal soma, perhaps that is your "beer" that takes the sting away, that somehow, your not one of them, and that is fine as we just have different perspectives. Can I not be so sure too that you are not just sitting too, back assuring yourself that you somehow know more than others, that the information you have is right, that the truth you hold is the reality which renders you happy to relegate these other experiences, that you admit you do not know, to some kind of character found often in "believers rhetoric" in terms like "sheeple". Too me, this is similar to those who import their own spiritual authority. I find this often, and it is another parallel that speaks of the religious overtones surrounding a belief in the NWO.

I am not alone in my attitudes and the system is in for a shock. We just need to build the current, infiltrate the actual systems and overload them.
So numbers make you right. I can use this appeal to argue against your point too. But this point of numbers is fascinating, like a religious belief blossoming from the myth of the NWO.

They want us to merely get angry and stay unorganised, letting off horrible displays of pent up frustration and rage which are almost always directed at innocent people. I am not for that, I am for creating the real governing body of human beings not soulless husks made out of fake money.
"They". Mate, your Ideal is the one on which our societies were built on after Dictators and Kings got the boot, your replacing nothing. Those people you say are "human beings and not soulless husks" will eventually become a new version of NWO given the same time that our current system has. I agree anger is not the way yet you want to destroy the system, because you are angry with it. We are imperfect. That is why we have troubles with our system and with our planet. Yet you want a New Order of your own. That some how the Humans in your New Order will not have the imperfections that you despise in the current Order. You are praying for a miracle, its called religion.

What happened to the fight for freedom? We slowly had the covers pulled back over our collective mind. We are not free, just semi-comfortable.
What is your terms of freedom? What Happened to the Fight for Freedom? You tell me mate, your the one who keeps telling me you know who the enemy is!

Thank you for your reply. I enjoyed reading your post.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Well this is your way of seeing God I suppose. But of course, not everyone feels or thinks that way.

God is everything, and also nothing. Hes everywhere and nowhere. He's here, he's there...he's even neither here nor there. Nothing, none,none everything, everyone, every time, everywhere, all the time, half the time, never, always...etc.

He's a religion, he is religion, he invented it, he's christian, he's muslim, he jewish, he's mormon, buddhist, catholic, (insert your's here). He believes the same as you, he belives to total opposite of you, he's actually not a he, he's a she, she not really a she but an it. It is you, it is me, it is her, it is that, it is this, it is neither that nor this, etc., etc...he's everything you want to be, cant be, will be, have been, have seen, have done, havent done...of course one could go on and on but that's really unnecessary.

So sure the NWO is probably a religion, but also probably not a religion. Either way, I have no problem with that definition.
But the NWO could also be a catalyst...and event, a planned event, something that was already foretold, but also something nobody's even heard about. Some thing that will really test our... (yours, mine, hers, his, theirs)...selves?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join