It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will we believe what the et’s have to tell us when they do land on the White house lawn???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Will we believe what the et’s have to tell us when they do land on the White house lawn???

OK so we don’t believe what are governments have to say about many things and for many good reasons. Also there are not so many of us that can speak extra terrestrial or the can communicate through telepathy. So guess what unless these et’s are going to learn English we won’t understand them anyway. We will all be right back where we started having the government types telling us what they are saying.

So really what will change from where we are now??

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
If aliens choose to disclose themselves to us, they'll have plans to ensure we get their message, I find it hard to believe they would make their move after so much time and not be prepared... Similarly, I believe that if aliens choose to intervene with our planet, our government will quickly lose it's grip, something both aliens and the government likely knows, and is one of many reasons why something like this would be kept secret in the first place.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Yeah I would think they (et) would have that one covered. At worst case by the radio and TV transmissions I would think they could get the language barrier down. I once knew an Asian guy who moved to the US, learned the alphabet and learned to read and speak from reading product labels on food. So I would think an advanced civilization that could make it here would be prepared.

That said, I do not believe everything anyone or ET tells me. Use your own logic.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
As others have said the ET will most probably have the language barrier covered, hell they probably have some sort of a universal translator or something. The question that day will not be if we believe what the government tells us, but do we believe what the E.Ts tell us? what kind of prove they provide? and probably a million other questions which will arise the instant they land.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Don't be fooled guys.

Ask yourselves why they would need to deal with the government if they wanted to be known? Why would they travel the equivalence of billions of years or have been here billions of years only to take que from Barak.

I understand civility, but do you really think that beings more advanced then we can imagine would need or want any government help to disclose themselves?

That's the thing I just can't put in the puzzle. I think it will make 9-11 look like "9-11 times a 1000..." "Lisa, i cherish your friendship...." Dirka, dirka, Allah Team America style

Remember Regans speech to the UN when they land...

My two cents...

Peace

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Anyone remember that episode of Twilight Zone called "To Serve Man"?

If you've seen it that's how much stock I will give to aliens when they come here.

They are strangers. Why trust a stranger?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
They will not communicate with us any more than we would try to communicate with flies buzzing around a pile of dung. We are such insignificant life forms to them, we are just flies buzzing around dung. They have some sort of interest which is yet to be determined. What we have as evidence is not a relationship with them, but evidence they exist. We have evidence of incredible structures on the moon. Images of them shadowing us in space missions. My view is that they are galactic biologists/scientists.. exploring and categorising life in the galaxy. Their race probably consider them wasting their time having an interest in lower life forms.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
They would probaly talk to us through there minds, why else do we have the voice in our head?
Its a built in translator.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I wouldn't trust anything that is said from anybody who has remained in the shadows for decades if not much longer.

Although I do suspect they have a plan for this contingency once ETs eventually make themselves known. And I do think it will happen at some point whether its during my lifetime or not. They may come bearing cures for major diseases that actually work or some other positive life affecting thing which wins over the grand majority of humanity. Or perhaps they just have a really good excuse. Something along the lines of not coming foward earlier because our governments are hostile to their presence and have shot and killed some of their people on occassion. Or maybe our governments are holding our planet hostage with nuclear weapons. Threatening ET with destruction of our own planet if they become publicly overt.

If I'm alive if and when it happens I'll need a bit more to trust them than those who have never given the subject a second thought. A face to face discussion or several may be required for a deep understanding of their reasons for reamaining covert for as long as they have.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by Frith]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269

Don't think they'd land on the Whitehouse lawn, unless it was an invasion
If they did invade then I don't think they'd be too interested in telling us their plans
A better place to land would be a major international airport, or one of NASA's airstrips, if they were peaceful.

Would they lie to us? There's a good possibility that they would. No doubt the alien in charge of it would be there for political/religious/own reasons, some of it may not be as pleasant as we want to know or 'need' to know or would be revealed as, if and when they decide. There could be a possibility that if we know why they're there, we wouldn't be as happy about it.

Lots of 'ifs', but that's speculation for you

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

Doesn’t that depend on whether they were invited, and what they have to say?

If they do land on the White House lawn, then surely there would have had some discussion with the Government first, as I imagine any craft trying to land there unannounced would be met with lethal force. The last thing we would want to see was a mysterious craft sailing down seemingly impervious to the barrage of missiles slamming against its hull/shields etc., or, on the other hand, it shot down in flames. Either way, that would be a bad day for humanity.

So, the likelihood is that “they” would have the whole scenario planned out beforehand, complete with permission and a Guard of Honour, and various cultural representatives awaiting them.

I sincerely hope that their address wouldn’t just be in English. They should have realised that the entire planet will be watching their arrival. Their address should be in all the major languages, translated accordingly from a pre-prepared script. Why should anyone be excluded from understanding what is happening on the day that changes our world?

As to what they’d say; who knows? A message of warmth, hopefully; supportive, and with promises of mutual respect and encouragement, preferably. The assurance of sharing their knowledge, maybe.

A message of intention to dominate? Doubt it.

So really what will change from where we are now??

Everything.

We could not go back to the world we knew before they landed, once they are here. To wish to would be folly, to try to would be pointless. How could we deny an event so profound, so significant, so valuable to us as a species without appearing to be incredibly insular, naïve and arrogant?

As soon as they set foot on our soil for all of us to see, the Universe will suddenly, and irretrievably, become not only understandable, but available.

Personally, I cannot wait.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by contemplator

I've thought along those lines at times as well. What might be worth studying of humanity?

I wondered if the primary intelligence of the universe [that lives to survive itself] might be a logical hivemind. Perhaps emotions and individuality often lead to a similar outcome.

Another possibility that occured to me is....... what if they're not here to watch us? What if there is something more interesting to study, and we're just a pesky creature that provides some amusement along the way?

reply to post by MAC269

I already believe they exist. Seeing a craft landing on TV would concern me, wondering if it were a real phenomenon or something crafted by the government to further control us -- ESPECIALLY if the "landing" were at the White House.

If the others have studied us, surely they'd have realized that our governments will tend toward exploiting their power to our own gains. I'd much prefer an aerial visible wavelength display that remains in place long enough for people to take their own photos. When enough of the same were being showing from all points of the globe, then we would all know they are here.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I don't believe anything members of my own species tell me let alone one from another planet. With as many flavors of BS that I have to deal with on this planet alone I wouldn't be too quick to swallow their version either.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
to the OP bring em on hey, maybe we should buy super quantities of those H1N1 masks to boot fo0r our first encounter.. =>

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Reply to all.

Ok the White House Lawn thing was just a metaphor meaning some such place where they could not be deigned. So a major air port NASA only I don’t trust them at all. Anyway what ever somewhere that all will see.

One chap said something about an invasion, I don’t thing that would be on the cards from the one’s that have been here awhile. Let’s face it if they want this planet they have the power to just take it. Biological would be my bet. A bug that will kill all the humans and leave everything else intact.

We have nukes do you really think they would give us warp drive??

Hopefully they will give us a clean method of making power, but here’s the thing would our government use it?? Even if they did.

If they did you are looking at a very big change in society. The power base as is now would be gone.

Hopefully we will be able to believe what they say about Religion that will stop a few future wars. I fear however that this is the one thing that will not be believed by the ones that get hurt by finding out the proof of the truth.

Anyway thank you all for your ideas but do keep them coming.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Now on the other hand.

Are these abductions real and if so is it the said ET’s behind them??

What about all these missing people not to speak of children, do you think we would get the truth from them about all that??

What if we are the equivalent of a chemical dish for testing??

My guess is that we would first get pissed with our governments and they them.

Now perhaps this is the reason for the secrecy in the first place. But is that enough??

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

Hopefully we will be able to believe what they say about Religion that will stop a few future wars. I fear however that this is the one thing that will not be believed by the ones that get hurt by finding out the proof of the truth.

I believe this will be one of the major problems with publicised alien contact; if they open their mouths and denounce all, one, or specific religions.

That, in my opinion, will create the most unbelievable backlash against them.

How could they counter thousands of years of religious/cultural development without upsetting not only the faithful, but more importantly, the fanatical?

That would be akin to kicking the beehive just to see what happens.

Even if they can support their claims with proof – say, a unified theory of religion; something along the lines of; ‘Guys, you all got a piece of the pie and thought it was the whole. Let us put it together for you’ - then it would take decades for this to sink into our psyche, even with the help of religious leaders who have accepted the visitors’ words as the truth.

In the meantime, and going on past experience, I think it would be safe to assume that those who do not accept the visitors’ words would see them, and anyone who agrees with them, as “the enemy”.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I'm glad that the "White House Lawn" was just a metaphor.

With lots of people believing the Moon Landing and 9/11 were faked, no doubt not too many people would believe UFOs and Aliens landing in America would be real either.

I believe that Aliens wouldn't have an understanding of heirachy anyway.
This "take me to your leader" is the myth of human made sci fi.
If they make contact, they'll communicate to us all simultaneously with no pre warning. IMO

I think we credit them with too many human like qualities.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
People generally believe what they want to believe, taking what they can from what someone generally says and sometimes spin it to fit their own ideals or conceptions from what they have formed throughout the years here. Overall I'd say it's more like a coin toss with each person, with which it will most likely seem 50-50~ish, with some probably believing and some disbelieving.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

Dear Beamish

Thanks for that and I am sure everyone hopes you are right.

But reading your input put just one thing in my mind, we are not ready for it.

If they gave us cold fusion straight out of the box some p**k would be trying to turn it into a weapon.

I had not really released until now but I now know I am right we are just not ready.

Best Regards Paul

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join