It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To big to fail .....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
We have herd the term " to big to fail " a lot as of late . This term is being used to justify a large number of the " bail out " packages that we see in the form of money being handed over to large companies payed for by public debt .

Is it possible that if a company is to big to fail then perhaps its to big to exist ? Should companies so large that there downfall could cause such damage be a good sign that that company is in fact to big ?

Should a company of this nature simply be aloud to go under so that smaller , more sound , companies can arise ?

Should any bail out money being issued come only if these companies agree to divide into smaller companies ?

If a company is " to big to fail " does that not imply that it holds some type of monopoly and needs to be divided , much like we saw in the case of Microsoft a few years back ?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
No company is too big to fail. It's just a handy dandy term they use to refer to their friends, the Wall Street banks... to justify handing them trillions of taxpayer dollars. It's a term they use to justify theft on a scale never before seen on this planet. I like your concept of 'too big to exist'. That absolutely makes sense to me.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Albertarocks

Then wouldn't it be very interesting to see these companies , called out ?

One would think that we could only benefit if they had of been made sweat a little before they were given the keys to the federal reserve .

Make you wonder about those that negotiate on our behalf .

This creates a new president in the world of a " free market " society .

[edit on 17-5-2009 by Max_TO]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
If a company is " to big to fail " does that not imply that it holds some type of monopoly and needs to be divided , much like we saw in the case of Microsoft a few years back ?

The government loves monopolies, just look at all the monopoly money they are printing to support the big monopolies.

Screw everyone - Burn it all down

[edit on 17-5-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Speaking about them "getting called out". If you're interested, I posted a thread about that very notion. Geithner, Paulson and Bair got caught lying. I admit this is a thread that I posted, but I'm not shamelessly promoting it by giving you the link here. It's just that it's a story that addresses what you just suggested:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Nice link !

By the term , make them sweat a bit , and call them out I was implying that our representatives should have pushed these guys around a bit at the negotiations that took place , assuming any took place at all . Then perhaps we could have expected to see some real , substantial change .

I can't help but feel that it was these companies that were pushing our representatives around and seeing just how far we could be pushed rather then the other way around .

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

I gather that you're an American? At first I thought you might be from Toronto judging by your handle.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
For decades, the measurement of America was stated as thus:

"As General Motors goes, so goes America."

Well, we see what's going down with GM, and with this utterly stupid deficit spending of Obama and his Democratic Congress that pass massive spending bills without reading them, it becomes evident that, "as General Motors goes, so goes America."

Just a matter of time.

If Reid, Pelosi, and Obama were agents of destruction funded and placed by our enemies, they completely succeeded.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
IMO, the "too big to fail" mantra was a ruse, designed to fool youngsters that were gullible enough to vote 'change' in to office into supporting the program. "OMG these companies are gonna fail! my ipod is in danger! Uncle sugar DO something, quick!"

Designed to promote panic, not thought. Had thought taken the day, folks would have realized that anything that's "too big to fail" is also big enough to stand on its own.

If it can't stand on it's own, it's not too big to fail. Just ask any dinosaur.

nenothtu out

[edit on 2009/5/18 by nenothtu]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Too big to fail just means "paying me too much money to fail"

top topics

join