It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXCLUSIVE: PRESS RELEASE - Record Month for Conspiracies and Cover Ups on AboveTopSecret.com

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE SWINDON, UK - April 29, 2004 - The Internet's largest and most popular community dedicated to the discussion of conspiracies, cover ups, scandals and other "alternative topics" has experienced a new milestone. The core domain, AboveTopSecret.com, has experienced record-breaking traffic and staggering growth during the month of April, as well as through the previous six months.

The core community, found at www.AboveTopSecret.com/forum, surpassed 500,000 individual messages in April, with an average of 2,000 new messages each day. A sign of the community's incredible draw is the rate of new member sign-up, an average of 60 new members decide to join the discussion board every day. And with 800 registered members visiting and collaborating on discussion and debate every day, no wonder so many people decide to join and participate. In addition to the main domain, the AboveTopSecret.com universe features three additional websites, www.BelowTopSecret.com, www.ATSNN.com, and www.TerrorAnalysis.com. The combined traffic figures for the AboveTopSecret universe set new records. During the month of April, over 460,000 unique users visited the core domain and 489,000 visited all of the domains; representing a total of over 7.5 million pages viewed. This all translates to a record breaking 220 gigabytes of total bandwidth from the AboveTopSecret domains. One of the new domains operating in the AboveTopSecret.com universe is the Above Top Secret News Network (www.ATSNN.com), which is a unique community-driven news portal where any member can create and contribute to breaking news stories. In just four months, the news portal has featured critical exclusive news stories on the Mars landers, Yellowstone park, new technologies, and stories related to the war on terrorism. As the world situation continues to be one of stressful speculation and doubt, no wonder people are turning to alternative sources to learn more about current events, and the historical factors than influence them. Typically, online communities have been quirky places where unreliable material is presented as fact. Simon Gray, founder of AboveTopSecret.com, believes his site's success is due to an underlying desire to maintain a higher level of credibility and reliability. The motto, "deny ignorance", addresses this desire, and inspires members to search diligently for the truth and subject every theory to intense analysis. Looking forward, AboveTopSecret.com is not simply settling in on it's success. May will see the launch of a new world-wide event called "Find The Rings" (www.FindTheRings.com) where a mysterious grand prize promises that winners will be "captains of enlightenment." Members all over the world will be able to collaborate and participate in this unique event that is designed to compliment and enhance the community spirit. AboveTopSecret.com and the associated universe of domains are owned by Simon Gray and hosted out of Texas, USA. For more information about AboveTopSecret.com, and requests for interviews, send your inquiries to [email protected] ####

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
You're putting this on PRNewswire, I hope.

(but if you do, proofread the thing. I found "it's" for "its." You know how picky we former English teachers are.)

[Edited on 28-4-2004 by Byrd]

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
TOO COOL!

WE RULE!

ALL OTHER SITES NEED TO GO

BACK TO SCHOOL!

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
All other sites are no competition for us we are way out in front.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
yay us...

again.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Let's face it guys, it's a great site and there's something for everyone !

From War, Paranormal to music and just chit chat....

Even my G/F who used to tell me, I don't see what you do on there all the time.. now every evening when I get home from work, there she is on the puter with ATS / BTS pulled up reading away....

I'm so proud of us...

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Sumitted to a Press Release Wire Service. It's scheduled to go out on May 1st. www.prweb.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Thats a very nice press release.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I've been a "quiet" member for quite some years ( yes before the old database got lost and everyone had to start "all over again" )and personally I don't like the way ATS is heading, for sure some things did improve and I understand that money is needed to keep it going on. But it's getting too commercial, and that is when things will start to get ugly.

I liked the "underground feeling" more.

But for the rest congratulations guys, I won't go away

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Not bad, not bad at all

new topics

top topics

join