It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

next step in digital surveillance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I had this posted before in another forum, (wrong one i think), with no follow up discussion

The Internet as a Sixth Sense (or the next step in surveillance)

www.wired.com...

Students at MIT have came up with a way to turn the Internet into a sixth sense.

basically these guys have taken a web cam, a battery powered 3M projector and a mirror, all connected to a web enabled mobile phone costing around $350.

worn round the neck the web cam takes what it's looking at, finds the relevant information on the net and then project the information onto whatever surface the projector is pointing at.

if you had a face recognition programme running it would scan the person face and project everything about them on to their chest so you can read it, i think that's what they're showing in one of the videos.

I think the police will jump on this technology, a small cam worn on a lapel badge or a tie pin sending all the images to a database then sending any flagged information back to the person wearing it. If you add the potential for everyone being chipped the possibilities of this technology is quite scary.....

I think this i such a simple idea but the possibilities are endless, but that also means the potential for abuse is endless as well.

what do you all think about this, good or bad?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Besides being astounded and amazed I don't know what to think just yet. Thanks for posting this and I hope it gets the attention it deserves along with the usual intelligent contributions from knowledgeable members. Thanks OP! S&F.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
well apart from us it sems that no one else is too interested in this, personally i think this could lead on to some groundbreaking stuff...

if it could pick up streaming video you could lie in bed and watch it on the ceiling, lol..

join