It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO In Xinjiang Of China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
OK here we go.

I did a quick search and found nothing by this name so if it was already posted don't flame me. The "UFO" is near the end and doesn't last very long but it "Disappears" kind of cool. I was hoping somebody here with some video editing software could decompile and find out what this thing is or isn't?

Not much information on it so with out further ado on with the show.
Jump to 1:02

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

but it "Disappears" kind of cool.

Uh, ya...I'd say that's an understatement.

Looks as if the object took a ride on a lightning bolt - just an opinion.

Be nice to have the subject matter experts chime in...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Ball lightning is the first thing that comes to mind.

[edit on 5/17/2009 by Phage]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by chapter29

It could be a hoax. If it is I wanna know how they did it if not this could be one of the first times that this was observed and recorded.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Hey Phage long time no see.

Well I watched the video you presented. I'm sorry but simply because the title of that video says that those are examples of "Ball Lighting" doesn't mean that that's in fact what they all are. Those could be anything. Including other types of UFOs or "Critters"

Good to see ya buddy

Edit to add Hey I like the new look not bad. Do it yourself?

[edit on 17-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

phage buddy...

I'm sure 'ball lightning' is a common explanation in some sightings, but I have watched this video before...and ya' know - it almost makes a case for the anything BUT the title.

Your knowledge base dwarfs mine, so no attack here - but that link seems to leave MORE questions than answers.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
No doubt the videos could be UFO's but the association with "conventional" lighting is unmistakable in the China video and some of the cases in the video I linked.

The mechanism behind the formation of ball lighting and what it actually is, is a topic of a lot of discussion but its existence is not ... sort of ... kind of. You can call it critters, you can call it UFO orbs. But it's pretty well established as a natural phenomenon.

Here's more about it.
www.eskimo.com...
and it isn't hard to find even more.

The new look is courtesy of one of our new Mod's; GEL

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Fair enough I'll admit that Ball lighting exist no argument there.

But some of the examples shown in that video and others that get classified as ball lighting do not move like typical ball lighting cases. Most ball lightning tends to move slowly, lazily drifting while that one in China is booking along with the car and then poof also the one in the video you presented that's recorded through the night scope is moving along at a good clip and in a circular motion. They hardly fit the bill IMHO.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Ufo orbs exist. Sure some of them may be ball lightning but all of them? No way. The ufo orbs are appearing all over Planet Earth and this is just more evidence for their obvious existence. I've been four foot from one and they are really really really reall really really real, lol that's a tongue twister!

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I don't see the thing in the China video following the car any more than the mountains in the distance are. It's just out in the field, a distance away from the car. Perspective illusion, but maybe that's just me.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
you can call it UFO orbs. But it's pretty well established as a natural phenomenon.

Yes I agree there Phage, the ufo orbs are probably a natural phenomenon, the Muslims talk of them as Jinn, the Foo Fighters, to Will o' the wisps, Nuremberg ufos to the Star of Bethlehem, all add up to this being a natural phenomenon. They are intelligently controlled, can communicate through light and organise themselves into symetrical groupings.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
No doubt the videos could be UFO's but the association with "conventional" lighting is unmistakable in the China video and some of the cases in the video I linked.

The mechanism behind the formation of ball lighting and what it actually is, is a topic of a lot of discussion but its existence is not ... sort of ... kind of. You can call it critters, you can call it UFO orbs. But it's pretty well established as a natural phenomenon.

Here's more about it.
www.eskimo.com...
and it isn't hard to find even more.

The new look is courtesy of one of our new Mod's; GEL

Originally posted by Wikipedia

Laboratory experiments have produced effects that are visually similar to reports of ball lightning, but it is presently unknown whether these are actually related to any naturally occurring phenomenon. Scientific data on natural ball lightning is scarce owing to its infrequency and unpredictability.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by cmazzagatti]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter
Yes I agree there Phage, the ufo orbs are probably a natural phenomenon, the Muslims talk of them as Jinn, the Foo Fighters, to Will o' the wisps, Nuremberg ufos to the Star of Bethlehem, all add up to this being a natural phenomenon. They are intelligently controlled, can communicate through light and organise themselves into symetrical groupings.

Last time I checked, a lightning bolt doesnt have a brain. I dont think there is any natural phenomena here (or in the universe for that matter) that sprout combustable intelligence out of thin air. If they "organize" themselves, its probably due to common factors such as wind, electromagnetism, gravity, etc.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Very interesting video. It doesn't appear to be moving so I was wondering if a tethered metallic weather balloon could explain it (example ). I hadn't noticed the bright flash as it disappeared. Certainly makes it more interesting and hard to explain.

Phage's link to ball lightning seems a plausible explanation, but two differences are apparent. None of the examples on the video terminate with a bright flash. Incidentally, notice how the flash doesn't appear to (I'm struggling to be clear here) 'explode' in all directions equally? The other difference is that even in daylight the OP's example is much brighter. On the other hand, I'm aware that most ball lightning evidence is anecdotal due to obvious difficulties filming unpredictable phenomena. It's not improbable that it's an example of ball lightning that hasn't been captured before.

The example (ball lightning video) at 40 seconds has long puzzled me after seeing it on a "OMG! Aliens!" video on ATS ages ago. I'm happy to accept it as ball lightning now there are cases to compare it to. It has the same drifting motion as the lab-created examples later in the vid. A couple at 2:20-2:30 seem out of place and bear no relation to the others, but also have no reference point to work out what the heck they are

[edit on 17-5-2009 by Kandinsky]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Phage's link to ball lightning seems a plausible explanation, but two differences are apparent. None of the examples on the video terminate with a bright flash.

Since nobody has mentioned this yet, I just wanted to point out that in BOTH videos from around 1.02 we seem to see the excact same footage, taken September 19, 2005. So also in Phage's video you see the ball of light and then the bright flash/lightning!

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

Hiya Ziggy, I did notice the same footage but I thought it finished before the flash? I'll have another look...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I'm with Phage.

It looks like ball lightning. And, I think it is moving ( a little) but hard to tell with the perspective. The other lightning flash seems to get rid of it.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Very interesting video all the same.

Phage....your video was amazing

Some truly breathtaking footage....even if it is a natural phenomenon.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The flash/ lightning bolt effect has been bugging me. It doesn't fit with any explanations.

Could it be a passenger next to the video camera taking a flash photograph? The flash is then reflected on the window. I noticed that the video is cropped by framing on either side. Same on Phage's, Slayer's and below. The flash would be seen against the interior of the car if the sides hadn't been framed (quarterlight strut, vinyl etc). Through the video no reference to the car's interior is available. Begs the question...why did they frame it before posting?

New Best UFO video discovered: Xinjiang China 2005

This has the flash on slow motion. If you pause it exactly on 1:18 is it me, or does a square outline appear? Anybody agree?

EDIT Can't get the damn YT link to work..

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Here ya go mate

top topics

join