It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Come 2012, will teabaggers be back behind the GOP?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

I'm a teabagger, and I voted for Chuck Baldwin in 08'. So I know at least one who has told the GOP to shove it. I will never, NEVER vote for another Republican unless they have extremely strong libertarian/constitutional roots like a Ron Paul, but I don't think we will ever see another Republican like that.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

If we are going to have an actual discussion, I would ask that you refrain from using that term in reference to tea party supporters. Surely you can discuss the topic without it as it does nothing to add to the discussion and instead serves as an attempt at ridicule.

I would hope that everyone, whether they support the tea parties or not, would have a care when voting in the next election and put more thought into it than just being tired of one party and switching to the other or voting for the media favorite. As of this moment I believe that many, if not most, will. Whether or not they remember once they get to the polls is another matter entirely. Us Americans seem to have short memories when it comes to the failings of politicians. I also would like to point out that not all of the supporters watch Fox news. Shouldn't assume things without being able to prove them, it's rather unbecoming.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Many people didn't vote last election because of the choice of "2 lesser evils."

No one wants that to happen again. Do you SG? Is that what you want? People don't have a choice...and many are even angrier at Bush than liberals were.

Anyone else notice how the anti-war protesting that the MSM media used to push has now disappeared?

I guess now it's ok to keep fighting wars since Obama is in office.

They've completely backed away from it.

I'm just thoroughly disappointed in you SG. Lately many of your posts have been about the Constitution...which I admired. I thought...well I may not agree with your views...but maybe you are wanting to work together.

Your OP states nothing but the opposite.

I for one hope something new arises...and I think as it continues to get worse in this country...It will happen.

Call it a prediction, call it intuition....i think real change is in the air. If I'm wrong...then I'm wrong.

But you above all people, if you really stand for the Constitution...you above all SHOULD want a "revolution" of sorts.

The thing is...a revolution is not needed.

What is needed is a REBIRTH.

Something has been lost in this country. We need to get it back before it's lost forever.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Well, I voted independent in the last 3 presidential elections. The last one I voted Baldwin. Just because the GOP is trying to hijack this movement, doesn't mean it's not legitimate. ANYONE who voted for the bank bailouts was off my list of potential candidates. That was both the Republican AND Democratic candidates. So, despite your limited understanding of this movement, no, I will not be backing the GOP. Nor did I last time.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
You, above all, know how the media spins the news...and you have fallen for it...hook, line, and sinker.

All one has to do is look at at our debt, at how it's unsustainable and the ills are that are soon to come, at how bad things will really get....and they will BE ANGRY.

I also find it crazy that YOU EVEN COMPLAIN....because if people fall back in line...we'll continue to get MORE OF THE SAME. No programs will be cut...everything will remain the same...the wars, social programs, and debt will be maintained.....the very same thing you know support.

I find that your OP defines who you really are.

I've lost respect for you.

And thats fine, because you are verymuch into this movement regardless, so are many others. I dont really blame the passion you carry, however the reality I see it is that this movement is 90% sham. Its been hijacked by a bunch of posers who have a history of parading the socially conservative "common man" from texas into office before he messes up and these folks cleanse their hands of any support. You can be angry at what Im saying here, but come 2012 we all know where the majority of those tea baggers will be... and aint nothing going change that.

Though it would be something to see a third party get a solid double digit number come 2012, and maybe afew states, the GOP appears to be splitting that way, although by the rate of most of these "tea baggers" parading around Perry and his political stunts, the reality is that your movement is been used and any possibility of the above is... well become less so.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by Southern Guardian]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
I also would like to point out that not all of the supporters watch Fox news.

Most do watch fox news, most are GOP supporters, former or otherwise, and most are likely to follow the same trail they did back in 2000 when voting for dubya. Wonder how the folks are going to spin Jeb around to his candidacy? or maybe thats 2016?

Its becoming real hard to distinguish the real "Ron Paul tea party folks" from years prior to the bandwagon bushies who will evidently be returning to the GOP come 2012.... so excuse me if my aim is off target all the time.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
I know, its actually "teabagging" which is specifically to what the definition your trying to imply but funny never the less.

It isn't funny anymore, and I think maybe you sense that? It's a tea-party, nothing to do with bags, okay? It's about taxes.

But more importantly, it's about a childish innuendo-word-play and red/blue north/south polarizing.

On behalf of the void, thanks for your thread.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Since most of these individuals at these tea parties are fox news watchers, who tend to parade pro-sucessionist GOP governors around, its unlikely they will not be going back to the same GOP party.

Surprised you didn't give credit to the originator of the movement at CNBC.

But then again, now that GE and the NBC channels are 'owned and operated' by Obama through Immelt, that probably wouldn't be a good move on your part.

Originally posted by grover
3 million max out of 350 million proves more than anything else that the whole notion struck most people as little more than a stunt and not worth supporting.

Sounds like the Bush era anti-war movements, doesn't it?

[edit on 5/17/09 by Ferris.Bueller.II]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Most do watch fox news,

I'm sure they watched FOX while the teaparties were going on.
The other channels were too afraid to cover the teaparties.

most are GOP supporters, former or otherwise, and most are likely to follow the same trail they did back in 2000 when voting for dubya.

Got any proof of that? Any 'who are teabaggers voting for in 2012' data?
No? Didn't think so.

Originally posted by David9176
Anyone else notice how the anti-war protesting that the MSM media used to push has now disappeared? I guess now it's ok to keep fighting wars since Obama is in office.

Bingo. David ... ya' nailed it!

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I am a teabagger . . . when I can actually get a kill in Halo 3, that is.

I support the movement, though I was not able to go to the rally. I am a conservative. Used to be Republican, but I have been "Independent" since 2004.

I refuse to vote for the lesser of two evils. I refuse to play their game.

Am I pissed that Obama won? Not really. I do think that he has questionable motives, and a way more than questionable background.

But I knew he was going to win right after he announced his candidacy. Intuition, I guess. I would not have preferred McCain either. No more cronies for me.

Both are puppets anyways, so F them.

So why am I a teabagger? Because I am sick and tired of the friggin games. I am tired of the lies. I am tired of the manipulations. I am tired of big government. I am tired of our troops not being home. I am tired of high taxes. I am tired of high spending. I am tired of open borders. I am tired of outsourcing jobs. I am tired of bailouts. I am tired of the constant assault on our most basic freedoms. I am tired of it all. It needs to go back to basics ASAP.

Will I vote for a GOP candidate in the future?

I dunno what the future holds. If Ron Paul, Glenn Beck, Chuck Norris, or someone like them run under the GOP . . . I just might.

It is not likely, b ut there is that off chance!

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
So Im a teabagger and I've had at it with SG before.

but I dont think I ever told SG that I am a democrat. I voted for obama and my local democratic representatives, although they didnt win.

So I wish SG would stop going on these tirades about Tea Party goers as avid GOP supporters... It's just dividing us where we should be as one...

I am rather taken aback by SG's statements.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I'd like to see your proof that most watch Fox News. You've claimed it in several threads but have yet to provide the proof.

Haven't we had this discussion before? I'm having deja vu...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
The other channels were too afraid to cover the teaparties.

This probably made fox news afraid of the anti-war rallies then right? How about the prior Ron Paul movement fox neglected? Were they afraid then? Why do you suppose they give a damn now Flyers? Is it based on whether they have always overcome this fear? Or is it based on the fact the dissent is now upon the new liberal administration. Convenient.

Just curious, is fox news part of this mainstream media? Being the most popular with the largest viewership? Or are they somehow an exception? Or is that a no comment from you?

Got any proof of that? Any 'who are teabaggers voting for in 2012' data?
No? Didn't think so.

I dont need proof. I know its going to happen, you know its going to happen. I know for fact fox news shut out these rallies, their viewers, who were evidently Bush supporters didnt give a damn then, now conveniently with the minority being the conservatives, they give a damn and march right there with ya. Is it really hard to admit when they will swing to come 2012? Are you one of them? Tell me prior to the elections what was the largest Ron Paul rally? Some 10,000 at his convention in St Paul last year, all of a sudden we find 300,000 folks in April courtesy of Fox news marching right down with them. Where do you suppose these folks come from?

How do you know the majority of these tea party individuals are serious about this movement? Do you seriously think they will be any different behind those voting booths come 2012 FF? You know it, I know it, everybody who replied here know who those folks are, who they'll voting for, heck some of the folks here know they'll be going back to their GOP candidates come 2012, for now its just a game of "non-partisanship". I dont buy it. Will be the usual smears courtesy of the GOP from you folks come the next round.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I'd like to see your proof that most watch Fox News.

Why should I show you proof? April the 15th should have been evident enough. Fox news promoted these "gatherings" for a while prior to them happening and all of a sudden 300,000 folks pop up. 10,000 folks popped up at Ron Pauls convention last year. At a rally back in 2007 in feb promoting Ron paul, some 5,000 folks could be accountable for meanwhile where was fox? What do your suppose the point of view of the rightwing media was at that time?

You ask for "proof", and yet you continue to look away from the evidence.

Why dont you prove to me these folks have nothing to do with fox news, the republican party and the typical anti-Obama suspects, because that fringe fest was full of it.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Why should I show you proof?

Because you are the one making the claims. You claim most watch Fox News, and you claim most support the GOP. So obviously you must have some proof of one or both, right? The better question is, why make claims you have no proof of? Or if you do have proof, why not show it to the rest of us?

You ask for "proof", and yet you continue to look away from the evidence.

No, I keep asking for it because you haven't shown any proof or evidence. All you have provided is your extreme dislike of Fox News, "teabagging" jokes taken straight from MSNBC, and your choice to label everyone who supports the tea parties as being GOP supporters and Fox watchers without the tiniest shred of proof.

Why dont you prove to me these folks have nothing to do with fox news, the republican party and the typical anti-Obama suspects, because that fringe fest was full of it.

We have gone over this in other threads. I could come to your house with a thousand people who were there at the tea parties and you still wouldn't believe anything that disproves your baseless claims.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
So Im a teabagger and I've had at it with SG before.

but I dont think I ever told SG that I am a democrat. I voted for obama and my local democratic representatives, although they didnt win.

How many of you can be accounted at those tea parties? Tell me what changed your mind about Obama? It was apparent the man supported the stimulus package, he made his stances clear, why the change of mind? Did you expect the man to change the world within a matter of days? Or did you change your mind the last minute after election day? Tell me how are you so sure those tea parties consist of a fair amount of liberals? Or is you, saying your a democrat, automatically a justification of the political agenda carried by these tea parties?

So I wish SG would stop going on these tirades about Tea Party goers as avid GOP supporters...

How many liberals out of that 300,000 can be accounted for Tentickles?

It's just dividing us

We were already divided and the conservatives, most of them now self proclaimed tea baggers and "revolutionaries", made that clear back in 2003. Now whats left are afew angry fringe groups calling out foul, and this is exactly what they deserve, to be left at the minority, calling out foul. You can jump on the bandwagon for all I care, its already on route to crash and burn.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

No, I keep asking for it because you haven't shown any proof or evidence.

Iv showed you evidence Jenna, you just continue to dodge it and claim otherwise, but thats fine, Im done playing this game with you.

And Ill say it again, come 2012 the vast majority of those tea baggers will be right behind the GOP again. Everybody here knows it. The "anti-two party" claim doesnt fly any more. Good ol' Perry already made the term "tea bag" his campaign slogan.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

What evidence? If you've posted it before then I must have missed it because I have seen none.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
You know what Obama made a very good speech today, and he called me out. He made a good point, that I myself am no better taking down the personal beliefs of individuals, as those who did it to me during the 2004, 2005 rallies. Love the man or hate him he made a good point about all of us.

When I look at the tea baggers and the self proclaimed "revolutionaries" I feel there is this "one way streak", and that they feel it not necessary to have common ground. Maybe Im wrong, maybe tea baggers are capable of coming to the table and agreeing. Maybe its time we all come to the table and understand we share this country with a diverse populous. Its not my right to group people, true, and then again its not the rights of the self proclaimed "revolutionaries" to declare all out civil war and revolution that is not necessarily the consensus of the majority of americans. Look I dont care anymore where the tea baggers will eventually end up come 2012. At the end of the day there are those of us on both sides who believe strongly in the constitution and freedom (hopefully), and we all have love for this country.

I apologize for my comments regarding the tea baggers. I was in your shoes afew years ago, and I certainly would have, by the least wanted respect for that movement. I dont know howmany of those tea baggers today stood as bushies back in 03 hurling out their "anti-american" at me and my fellow anti-war protestors, but I do know that I certainly didnt want to become any of those individuals, and certainly think of myself above that attitude.

Good luck with the next tea protests, and I hope, I really hope the individuals at those protests really push for a different choice come 2012.... if so I may verywell vote third party with em.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Wow. That was certainly a major turn around. Star for you.

I think that we basically all want the same things, we just have different ideas about how to get there. Arguing amongst ourselves won't get anything done, working together is the only chance we have to fix the mess that has been made, and continues to be made, in Washington.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by Jenna]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join