It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gray Area

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I know that this isn't really related to what should be going on in here, but I must say, the Gray area is quickly becoming one of my favorite parts of this board. Anyone else agree?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
I know that this isn't really related to what should be going on in here, but I must say, the Gray area is quickly becoming one of my favorite parts of this board. Anyone else agree?

Well, looking at your 'Mood', I'd say you're in denial...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b15f777017f2.jpg[/atsimg]

mmaarrg ietd!

[edit on 5/17/2009 by chapter29]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by chapter29

I'm in denial of what?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Ryanp5555

Well Ryan...

Looking at your threads and profile, it would seem that religion and non sensical posts are your true forte...

i.e.

meaning of a dove

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone knew if there is supposed to be some meaning behind seeing a dove. I saw one for the first time today as it perched itself on my house gutter and was facing me as I swam. I pretty much stopped swimming and noticed that it had what appeared to be some sort of white flower in its hand or whatever they call those things. Thanks.

Source

or...

So I was in the shower today and I noticed on one of our tiles was a similar looking pattern to that of the common Alien's head. I thought it was odd and I touched it. Anywho, then I continued showering, finished, and looked back and I couldn't find it anywhere. I scoured the tiles again, and it seemed to have vanished. I think my mind was probably playing tricks on me, but I was just wondering.

Source

Just be you dude...

gmmaarr idte!

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by chapter29

Looking at your threads and profile, it would seem that religion and non sensical posts are your true forte...

gmmaarr idte!

You hit the nail on the head.
2nd

[edit on 17-5-2009 by freeyourmind1111]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Haha, thanks for picking and choosing quotes and making a judgment based on them. I post on places such as that b/c I am very spiritual, however, if it falls outside the realm of possibility then I argue against it. Why don't you reference one of my more recent threads where I spend the majority of the time arguing about Aliens and using common sense to debunk videos? I've never felt more insulted by someone on a message board. Oh well... you just keep being you.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by Ryanp5555]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by freeyourmind1111

Maybe I'm taking this the wrong way, but these are certainly coming off as insults. Whatever. But if we look at the only post you've created it was about chemtrails over your house. The trails were red. First of all, planes naturally leave a trail behind them, they are called condensation trails. This occurs when the warm moist air from the jets comes out into the cooler air, and creates a cloud. The reason they were red, it was DUSK! Can I close this thread? I think I'll find out.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

I've never felt more insulted by someone.

o.k. wait a minute...

You throw out the posts/threads that you do, and yet find a way to be a victim..?

I didn't start a thread that had absolutely NO bearing on the Gray area...you did.

And if I had a few more beers I'd probably point out that you are being a point whore with some of your posts...

You seem like you genuinely like this site - if that is the case, why don't you do your part and protect the integrity of this site thru meaningful posts..?

That's open to interpretation, but my 'global translator' is set to high...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by chapter29

I've never felt more insulted by someone.

o.k. wait a minute...

You throw out the posts/threads that you do, and yet find a way to be a victim..?

I didn't start a thread that had absolutely NO bearing on the Gray area...you did.
I'm sorry I didn't know this thread was an attack on you. Your right it was pointless, thus it should be deleted. But sorry for my poor posts, this one included, I had no idea that they offended you so much.

And if I had a few more beers I'd probably point out that you are being a point whore with some of your posts...
A point whore? what is that? Like I try to rack up points? or that I attack points? If its the latter I thought that was what arguing was. If its the former, I only have like 3000 points to my 1000 posts/replies. I hardly call that a "point whore." If its because I'll make back to back posts that would be because I like to address different posters on separate posts. It makes it more organized and people know who I am talking to.

You seem like you genuinely like this site - if that is the case, why don't you do your part and protect the integrity of this site thru meaningful posts..?

That's open to interpretation, but my 'global translator' is set to high...

I didn't know I was attacking the integrity of this site by making non-meaningful posts. When I make posts that you call non-meaningful, they are usually in the correct forum. Believe me, if I had known that someone as arrogant as you would have responded as you did, I would have saved myself the time. If you had one more beer in you? What are you getting up the bálls to challenge me in an internet debate? Your pathetic. You know what would keep up the integrity of this site? Not attacking other members when unprovoked. Why would you post on this thread if you truly had a problem? Why wouldn't you just let it die?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Why wouldn't you just let it die?

Because it happens way too much around here...

I'm done...you can have the last word.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Maybe I'm taking this the wrong way, but these are certainly coming off as insults. Whatever. But if we look at the only post you've created it was about chemtrails over your house. The trails were red. First of all, planes naturally leave a trail behind them, they are called condensation trails. This occurs when the warm moist air from the jets comes out into the cooler air, and creates a cloud. The reason they were red, it was DUSK! Can I close this thread? I think I'll find out.

It's not a insult,at least not from me. Chapter29 just pointed out a few posts that you wrote and the reason you may take a likening to the grey area. I also like the grey area at certain times but it's not my favorite.As for my post it was my first and I genuinely didn't know if it was something to look into.I know that planes naturally leave a trail behind them, this was like a mist that fell to the ground and it was red. It also was not dusk when the planes flew over my house and I wasn't the only one in my community to notice. Alot of people did. Cheers!

[edit on 17-5-2009 by freeyourmind1111]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

All I'm going to say is relax on the alcohol. I looked at your profile, you seem to drink a lot and have a fascination with alcohol. I don't know how old you are, perhaps your just in college, and the whole experience is new to you (not meant as an insult). However, I've seen far too many people that are close to me be severely harmed by alcohol. Recently, my friends mother died of heart attack which was caused by her alcoholism. So, and I know this is corny but, Control your alcohol consumption, don't let it control you.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Sorry, I didn't mean to attack you like that. I thought you were attacking me as well. Frankly, I know that is why I like this forum. To me, analyzing and re-analyzing 9/11 isn't as interesting. Its all speculation based on videos and bias' towards the government. That goes for a lot of forums here. Unfortunately they don't have a forum for conspiracies in sports otherwise I would have written about how the Bulls were screwed out of the Boston series by the refs, and that this was purposefully done by the league. However, with that being said, what I do get a kick out of is reading personal experiences with ghosts and paranormal activity, although it has been taking its toll on me recently, as I find myself more edgy when I'm alone at night lately. However, with those posts, the reason the alien one freaked me out was b/c I had never seen it while taking a shower then I couldn't refind it in the shower. I immediately discredited that post, as you can see, right afterwards. As far as the dove one goes, I was going through a deeply spiritual time in my life at that point. Yes, my posts are out there, but so is this entire board. I assure you, I'm actually an EXTREMELY well grounded person. Anywho, I'm sorry about that post, I knew I should have deleted it. Have a good day/night.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Real quick: re-reading that, I didn't mean to imply that your an alcoholic. I just meant to say be cautious with that stuff, it can be extremely dangerous. So, sorry if it came off as that at all.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Not attacking here....

Just as a FYI, I think threads like these are more for BTS vs. ATS. Feelings with lesser conspiracy related topics, such as this one are usually put in BTS.

Just giving a third party opinion here but your post did seem as an unprovoked attack. Although, I do see what your saying, I think there may be better ways of helping people.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Thread note: Please let's get this thread back on track. I was about to go through and clean up the posts in this thread but that would mean labeling almost every post on this thread as off topic or a one liner. So instead of doing that, here is a warning announcement to get back on topic and stop the personal jabs.

Anything that is off topic, a personal attack, or a one liner after this notice will be removed. People's personal beliefs, their mood, their lifestyle/drinking habits, etc., has nothing to do with the topic. Thanks.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Sorry, I didn't mean to attack you like that. I thought you were attacking me as well. Frankly, I know that is why I like this forum. To me, analyzing and re-analyzing 9/11 isn't as interesting. Its all speculation based on videos and bias' towards the government. That goes for a lot of forums here. Unfortunately they don't have a forum for conspiracies in sports otherwise I would have written about how the Bulls were screwed out of the Boston series by the refs, and that this was purposefully done by the league. However, with that being said, what I do get a kick out of is reading personal experiences with ghosts and paranormal activity, although it has been taking its toll on me recently, as I find myself more edgy when I'm alone at night lately. However, with those posts, the reason the alien one freaked me out was b/c I had never seen it while taking a shower then I couldn't refind it in the shower. I immediately discredited that post, as you can see, right afterwards. As far as the dove one goes, I was going through a deeply spiritual time in my life at that point. Yes, my posts are out there, but so is this entire board. I assure you, I'm actually an EXTREMELY well grounded person. Anywho, I'm sorry about that post, I knew I should have deleted it. Have a good day/night.

No need to apologize. I see that the way I phrased my comment hat it could have been interpreted as a insult. So I'm sorry. I think you and my hubby share the same view about the bulls. lol. I too like to read about peoples personal experiences w/ the paranormal, but I really like when people have evidence to go along with it. I've had some personal experiences myself and the house I live in now is very old in rich in history. Strange things happen here often. Also, you don't have to justify your posts,it's cool,they were how you felt at the time. About the dove though...My mothers side is from Guatemala, decedents from Indians and my fathers side is native American so I have been taught from a very young age to be in tune with animals and there meanings and also as a indicator to our surroundings. The dove is significant and if you were going through a spiritual time in your life take it as you are moving in the right direction or you are on the right path. I too am also a spiritual person but not religious. Here is a good site about animal medicine (meanings). Take care!!

www.nativeamericananimalmedicine.com/ If the like wont work just copy and paste.Peace!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

As a new member of Above Top Secret, I am in total agreeance with you. Great topics and threads.

new topics

top topics

join