It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Users Live By the Cloud, Die By the Cloud

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Google Users Live By the Cloud, Die By the Cloud

www.thestandard.com

The Google outage confirms what everyone should already know: If it seems too good to be true, watch out! Google's failure is a lesson for everyone who is putting too many eggs in one basket, whether the basket is cloud computing or those who've ditched wired telephones for a wireless-only world.

I hate to say anything good about Apple's MobileMe service, God knows it still has problems, but Apple's approach to cloudiness is sound. I call it "Partly Cloudy."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ciol.com

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I myself have not jumped into the cloud crazy issue, so i decided to take a back seat and see how things pan out.

Would like to know if anyone has jumped on this cloud teck issue and what they liked or disliked. An example of what i would like to hear is an application that is being used by cloud in our every day business. All input is welcomed from everyone.

www.thestandard.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Well just more sensoring of data and information being imputed into the internet by our big brother Google.

Let's tear away all of the users rights to set things up like they want to, ofcourse, that's a great idea.

This is like Microsoft's One PC Idea. Where you get one computer and then pay per day to use any application that you want, whether it be Office or a game.

~Keeper

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Its what has got me trying to split hairs, i just cannot see how this could be used or better yet how could something like this become profitable.

top topics

join