It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Bird Flew In The Door: Death Knocking?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I don't know where the superstition comes from or originated, but I beleive deeply in a bird signaling an impending death of a loved one, each time it has happened to me there has been a death in my family within a day to 3 days. Tonight I am at work, at the hotel, I was walking outside to have a smoke when a small black bird flew through the doors, then right back out, then it perched on a rose bush and did not try to fly off when I reached out toward it, instead it let me touch it!
I don't think it was hurt or anything like that because it flew off just after I touched it.

Have any of you heard the old sayings about a bird flying in your house and/or have you experienced a death of a family member afterwards like I have?

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
hey thats really really interesting can you please keep me posted on whats happening? thank you
and i hope nothing happens

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

In thinking about who is in comprimized health at this time that I know I just realized that the lady who has been at this hotel the longest (20 years) is having a lot of difficutly lately, she came in yesterday wearing an oxagen tank, I knew she began using one at home, but she could barely breath and was wheezing like crazy! Oh! Now I am worried about Patty!

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by piero

Thanks, I am racking my brain to come up with who it might be indicating, since it was here at work and not at home I have to think it could be the above mentioned lady I work with, I hope not, she is a precious friend, but is the only one here in poor health. Her hubby just told me yesterday that she is scaring him lately, and to 'keep an eye on her".

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
That's pretty weird.

I have a pretty weird thing going on now about birds. They don't come knocking or anything like that, but I have a kitty that hunts birds. I sit at my desk in my studio and hear a fluttering of wings, and when I look under my desk, there is a bird, usually a robin, and it is incapacitated and flopping around. And then my kitty comes in and devastates the bird. She eats the whole thing!! Yikes. But not before she basically beats a dead horse, by just tossing it around for awhile. She even eats the skinny little legs! Wow.

Did you know that when Edgar Allen Poe wrote and published "The Raven" that he earned 14 dollars for? The poem was so famous, though, that he would walk down the street and little kids would walk next to him and make flapping actions with their arms. Poe would stop and look at the kids and say, "Nevermore!". lol. And the kids would run away, just to come back and repeat the performance. All in fun, or course.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
At my place we have a superstition about owls, if they fly hooting (or whatever) over only one house in the neighborhood that someone at that house will die. It has happened around here about 6 or 7 times.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
wow kyred, your cat's habit would freak me out

But...it's intinct, and a cat loves nothing better than to bring his 'prize' to his owner. I worked for many years with our local Humane Society, I got to meet Bob Barker and Doris Day, one thing they told us about cats is that you never, ever, own a kitty, the kitty owns you!

Dogs however, think their owner is one of their pack, they select one human as the leader and never falter in loyalty.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by kaleshwar

I have heard that myself, I remember an episode of Andy Griffith (uh oh, my age is showing, lol!) where they were flipping out about seeing an owl in the daytime, the superstition was that if you do, you will marry the next person you see of the opposite sex.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   

there's also one about if a dog continuously howls and cries, that someone is gonna die. I remember before my dad died, there was a dog howling and well, we had a bird crash into one of the windows of the house....

ehh.....maybe coincidence......

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I don't know about birds signaling an impending death, but I do believe they appear in unusual circumstances after a loved one dies.

Personally, I had experienced or known of incidents like these. The first time was a few months after my sis-in-law passed away. My wife and I was in an isolated coastal retreat when a King Parrot (a bright red & Green bird) caught our attention from a nearby bush while we were in the house.

Then it proceeded to fly onto the gutter of the house and looked down at us, as if trying to attract our attention. It then flew down to some bushes outside the kitchen. I took my camera and went out to capture some images. I was surprised that it did not attempt to fly away and practically posed for photographs within an arm's length. I took a whole lot of photos.

What made this event unusual is that this was the first time we had seen this kind of parrot in this property. We had been holidaying there many times before and while there are other varieties of parrots, they tend to fly off at the slightest hint of approach. My sis-in-law was a former model, and I can't get over the fact that the bird was posing. Coincidence?

The second event was even more compelling. My best friend had a property in the country where he used to spent most weekends. As there were quite a number of dead trees, he spent weekends cutting then down.

One Monday 2 years ago, I received this shocking call from the wife that a tree had fallen on him and killed him instantly. As he did not return home that weekend, and was not replying his cell phone, the wife had asked a cousin nearby to check out on him and that was when she discovered the tragedy.

To cut the long story short, the cousin told of how a honey eater bird had flown into her house that Sunday by the front door (before she discovered the tragedy), perched on the rafter for the night, and flew out by the back door the moment the wife rang for her help on Monday morning. What are the odds of something like that happening even in a whole lifetime. Usually when a bird flies into a house, it will be struggling to find its way out immediately. Coincidence again?

I recalled sometime ago Russel Crowe mentioned in an interview that an owl flew and landed on the balcony where he was staying. He realized at that instant, his grand dad had passed away.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

well you can stop believing deeply in it because I have had it happen twice and no one died either time.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I have not heard of that superstition but I have had birds fly into my house before and no one I know has died any time soon after...

I have had birds both run into the house as well as fly through an open door and become trapped inside the house. Each has happend 2 or 3 times and no one died because of it.

That is just my own personal experience with it though.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
When I become aware of an event that ties into a superstition I always try to mentally reverse it, such as a black cat crossing the road is good luck.

So much that occurs it linked to our personal belief system it seems worth a try to file it differently in our brains so as not to attract something negative via the belief in it, thoughtforms do collect similar thoughtforms.

Now I just am not sure how to reconcile a white cat crossing me in the road~

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I have heard of this, My nan is Irish and often talked about the myth, Some say it depends on the bird.

A sparrow can really mean good luck, that a new birth is about.. So might be worth thinking about that rather than the death thing,

Also a bird that seems unafraid generally means that good news is coming your way,
Birds as a symbol can also be thought of as message bringers, A passed loved one letting you know they are about in hard times,

See there's a whole lot more than just the thought of death,

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

Oh my goodness asala, I love your comment! It was a sparrow, I looked it up last night to identify the type, and guess what?, I am waiting on a settlement, last year I was a pedestrian hit by a car, it was hit and run, but the driver was identified. My attorney recieved a first offer that was unacceptable on friday, he returned a letter to the insurance office demanding the punitive damages be increased or we will go to court, so he expects to hear from them soon. Your post immediatly made me think of this as the answer, and I AM HAPPY

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

I've heard that one too, and once I had a poodle, her name was Francie, she lived to be 22 years old (in our years!) but the night she died, my other younger poodle was on my bookshelf headboard, howling! He had never done anything like that and hated being on our bed, let alone the headboard, but when Francie died, I just knew that the other dog was trying to tell us that Francie was dying. RIP Little One

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I will agree and say it depends on the type of bird and how it behaves. When we were packing the loading truck a couple years ago to move, and terrible storm whipped in out of the blue. Winds were so bad and rain was coming down so hard that the birds couldn't fly outside. They were being blown everywhere. We had our front door open because we had been going in and out with boxes. But just before we could get the door closed, a panic-stricken sparrow darted in past all the people who were helping us move, just to seek shelter. At that moment, we lost power. So, everyone sat down in the empty living room and watched the little bird perched on the ceiling fan as we waited for the storm to pass. As soon as it did, we opened the door, and after a few attempts, out it went.

I've never been aware of superstitions regarding birds, excepts blackbirds maybe. But I was told that a bird flying into your home as you're moving is a good omen. I guess the same way that rain is viewed on a wedding day? Bluebirds are also good omens. So are doves. At least that's what I've been told.

Just for the record, no one died after that fly-in.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
iv heard alot about this bird thing alot lol.....
dosnt work for me cus there are alot of birds that fall down me chimny lol!!

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
This reminds me of a surreal experience I had once.

There was a bird on my back porch. It was sitting rite near me in a nest it had made. I opened the back door to the house. I was looking rite at it into its eyes.

I looked at the bird and tried to mentally encourage it to come in the house.

As I did this, the bird flew rite at me into my house as sat on the shelf above me. Was such a strange experience.

I did not think it would actually come into the house. Then my cat saw it and it freaked, I caught it and put it back in its nest.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala

A sparrow can really mean good luck, that a new birth is about.. So might be worth thinking about that rather than the death thing,

Uh, wow the one and only time a bird flew well into a window at my brothers cabin a few months later he ended up getting married and has a baby on the way. That's really interesting.

top topics

join