It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Universal View

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
The visitation or existence of other intelligent life on Earth is a very heavily debated topic.

Some people require reassurances from the world's leading governments and officials to believe in presence. Others need only the experiences of UFO sightings or close encounters to believe in their presence.

There are two points to this thread. The first is to ask what you think, individually of the prospect of intelligent life in the Universe, visiting Earth, or the possibility that they have been here all along.

The second purpose is to remind people just how big the Universe is and to post a link to look at certain galaxies, constellations, stars, planets, and other incredible feats of nature up close.

If you hear of a star system like Zeta Reticuli or Orion, two of the most popular, all you have to do is type it in and you have a close-up view and all the facts about it.

Quite useful when disclosure is made and you want to find out where our new neighbors are from.

Here is the link, it is quite awesome:

wikisky.org...

Edit for grammar

[edit on 15-5-2009 by esteay812]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Thats a pretty cool site , cheers for that.

Frankly..

I don't know what to believe. You have so much evidence and too many debunkers. I wouldn't be surprised if the universe around us is an image and we're trapped in a box. That's how much of an experiment i think this all is.

Everyone who has contact with so called "Aliens" says something about Our Souls having a major role.... like our body's are just vessels and we're here to 'Learn' and so forth. Something is odd about that.

Nothing makes much sense , it never will. I hate to ponder it but it's so fascinating i can't help myself. Lately i've been thinking about Reincarnation and there are children who recall past lives for a few years after being born..

It's funny in our society you're born in to this world knowing nothing , like your memory has been wiped (if reincarnation is true) then you go to school and learn all about Earth again , or maybe 'this planet'

Very interesting none the less

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I think the universe is a wonderful magical place and i have odd theorys about it and just to make it clear I do highly doubt the universe is a well made hologram. In fact i just want our species to get off this god darn planet and make it somewhere else , before all is lost and we're wiped off.

A moon base was the goal decades ago , and we're not progressing very well as far as we know. I just hope our government is doing everything in it's power to get us out of here.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nasacarl

I read a thread earlier containing a quote from Stephen Hawking that stated, "Human will not survive another thousand years without expanding our habitat to other planets."

That seem quite true. If the mortality rate continues to decline and the birth rate continues to rise it is likely we won't be able to feed everyone, from our current foodstuff output, on the planets.

The increase in population is like a pyramid scheme. The more people are here, the faster the population grows. If there is ever a new source for food or nutrition that looks promising and healthy I am definitely going to invest in it.

Fifty years really isn't that far off, from a cosmic standpoint it is less than a blink of the eye.

There can only be two routes to survival:

1. Mobilize and colonize.

2. De-population.

Both are very extrme. Unfortunately the second choice seems easier to achieve than colonizing a distant planet or star system.

It may even come to a point where people are forced to move into areas that are less populated and less convenient for the individuals being moved.

The website, wikisky.org is awesome. Some of the views that are available in the column on the right side of the screen are incredible. Some of the images look like you are in a deep sea submarine looking at the strange illuminating life forms that exist.

It is incredible to see how many stars are out there and how many different things can happen in space.

My favorites are some of the super-nova remnants and some of the nebulas - the Carina Nebula, in particular, is awesome.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I found a pretty picture of a comet!

Pretty cool site you found.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BrawleR

That's an awesome shot too. There are so many great images on that site it is incredible. Just when I think I've seen the most brilliant image another one pops up.

It would take quite some time to look at all of the images, possibly forever - since new ones are being named all the time.

I'm definitely going to be using the site to check out our neighbors when disclosure comes. [Keeping fingers crossed]

top topics

join