It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would it take to repay the national debt ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Considering just how large the number of the national debt is just what would it take to repay that money ?

Many say , and I am one of them , that the national debt simply can't be payed back . If thats the case just what does it mean as far as our currency and our nation are concerned ?

If we continue along on the path that we now find our selves where will it end ? What will happen when the day comes when public officials are forced to admit that this money simply can't be
repaid ? Will we have to give up land , resources or some other type of compensation ? Or could be facing some global confrontation with those that hold our debt as a means to wipe the slate
clean ?

Or is it the goal of TPTB to in some way sustain the debt by simply making interest payments until some type of solution presents its self ?

I am very interested to hear your thoughts on this topic as to how , if at all , this money can ever be repaid and if so just what will it mean for all of us ?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

It will be very easy to pay off debt, once hyperinflation kicks in, they start to crank money machine get it up to speed.
They could pay off China and everyone else real cheap.
China is playing dirty pool anyhow from what I understand, they are keeping their money weak and this inter keeps counties like U.S. from being able to compete.
So what if we pay them back 30 trillion but it's only worth $10.00 , we always have the Amero to fall back on.
How many of you out there Hablo Espano?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a miracle

when's the last time you ANY country pay there national debt back in full?

I respect the work of Michael hudson.....check out his website if you like a good read...........and he's says never

really they just borrow /spend until they can't anymore then (devalue the currency to pay off creditors with currency worth a fraction ) or default

the U.S.A credit card is maxed out every year and they merely just ask themselves (congress) to raise the limit (sure let's raise it lol) and we are like the guy stuck in debt who just pays the interest on the debt..........

join