It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma passes sovereignty bill! Joins 3 other states.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Some states pass sovereignty measures

WASHINGTON — For some states, the message to the federal government is clear: Back off. Legislatures in Alaska, Idaho, North Dakota, Oklahoma and South Dakota this year have approved resolutions asserting sovereignty under the 10th Amendment of the Constitution and suggesting that Uncle Sam "cease and desist" from interfering in their business.

The largely Republican backers say the federal government has overstepped its constitutional bounds by meddling in local matters ranging from education to drunken driving. "It's telling the federal government, 'Guys, you really need to back off,' " said Judy Burges, a GOP state representative who is sponsoring a sovereignty resolution in Arizona. Oklahoma's Senate on Wednesday gave final approval to a sovereignty resolution, in defiance of a veto from the state's Democratic governor, Brad Henry, on a similar measure. The resolution already passed the Oklahoma House twice.

Similar measures are under consideration in at least two dozen other states. State sovereignty efforts have won the endorsement of two GOP gubernatorial candidates, one of whom — Gov. Rick Perry, up for re-election next year in Texas— made headlines last month by suggesting the movement could lead to some states seceding.

www.usatoday.com...

I didn't realize that 4 states have now approved legislation asserting their sovereignty.

This doesn't include what is happening in Montana, Texas, Utah, and other states who are challenging intra-state commerce laws.

So much going on...hard to keep up!

The states are trying to protect themselves.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by David9176]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I honestly have no idea how you keep up with all of this... Got to be tough.

The gov't does need to back off, I wonder if this is a making of a Civil war, without guns and stuff, but more of segregation. That would be tough, maybe make the USA land mass look like the middle east.

Business' seriously can't put up with this anymore, it's killing the industries, which is killing small business', which means you have no job, no house, no food, no money.

There will be backlash for this, didn't every state take the money, I know our representatives went 'supposedly' went behind Rick P.'s back and took the bailout money, it'll be hard to say thanks for the money, now leave.

I'm feeling stuck in all these strings Obama's leaving around.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Republican08]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
This news is absolutely fantastic. Considering that there are now 35 states preparing the same type of documents, I'd say the American people are mobilizing is a fashion that NWO cabal weren't counting on. This is huge! This, if carried far enough, is the worst possible nightmare for the Rothschilds and their minions. Godspeed America. Do this, please... for the good of all the world. Throw the pigs out.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
it's about time!
i really do not have much more to add.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Every step in a better direction is a good step in my humble oppinion.

Washington is try to leash and collar us and control and invade every part of our lives, businesses, families, communities, counties and states.

The individual right to self determination is under attack as Washington seeks to try to control every aspect of our health, and diet, what we learn, how we percieve the world, what we can say and think, and by which absolute standards our children must be raised by determining for themselves just how all those things should be.

It's not sad and scarey enough that some Americans just don't care or pay attention, what is truly the saddest and most frightening is some Americans actuallly want this for all.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

That explains it! I was wondering why the statue is moving.
www.dcgiftshop.com...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Star and Flag for this amazing and important triumph in the name of the Constitution! I've been waiting for confirmation of this since the original H.R. was drafted!

It did not pass my notice however, that the majority of the Northeastern and New England states have either rejected similar legislation, or have not even introduced it!

It is sad that the cradle of liberty continues to suckle the federal teat.

Perhaps there will be a massive migration of ready, willing, and able patriots to these strongholds of liberty!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
It delivers the right message to Washington and the rest of the country, we decide regardless of any administrations agenda.

join