It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outside the box thinking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
What if flooding and nuclear weapons have been used more than once in the past as a way to restart the inhabitants of Earth?

That would explain why we have read the story of the flood in many ancient texts and documented from different times. It is thought to be a story that was based on much older event. But what if they were completely different floods at different time’s altogether.

There is evidence of nuclear weapons being used in the past in ancient India and possibly in the bible. What if this planet has had many cycles of advanced intelligent life and many cycles of not so intelligent life?

It is not known for sure what happened to the dinosaurs. What if another unearthly species wiped out ancient inhabitants of earth for some reason and they are helping life restore itself. Kind of like when we bomb places then go in afterwards and rebuild. I’m sure they could wipe out entire species easily and most likely have.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by Digital_Reality]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Have you ever read the book "Battle circle?" A great fiction piece about an elite group that lives in a mountain while a bunch of warriors fight each other in a structured society. One warrior figures it out in the end though.

There is actually some evidence of your theory. Impact points or craters show up on earth everywhere on land except Greenland. Look at the illustration map below.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I would interested in finding out more about the evidence which exists of nuclear impacts, etc...never heard of that before.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
WHile I'm not against different civilizations being stopped and started at different times on earth. I believe with our current technology and written history we would have to have some record or tangible evidence of Nuclear weapons being used. That thinking is outside of the box though , but I believe like some others that there comes a point in an intelligent species timeline that they either learn to live with others civily and learn more technology and advance or they gain the means by technology to destroy themselves and hit the cosmic reset button.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by EyesWideShut]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
perhaps you could show this evidence?

I myself subscribe to a belief that there were possibly several times throughout history where mankind developed technology as great as, if not greater than our own today. I believe that each time we have failed and this time may or may not be our last chance. Our chance to evolve mentally and spiritually as conscious beings...

It is apparent that knowledge has been suppressed and that nobody here will ever know exactly what happened in ancient history. Evidence today might lead us to draw conclusions, which is natural, however because nobody at this point in time was present then, we will be left with pieces of a puzzle and our imaginations to decide what is what.

If you look at the facts, DNA evidence indicates that modern humans originated in east Africa about 200,000 years ago. This fact itself isn't true, but what the majority of experts believe to be true.

nothing will ever be known for sure. Even though seeing is believing, we all must remember that the hand is quicker than the eye....

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

That's an awesome map of impact sites. It looks like there are three near where I live in Tennessee, that is a little unsettling if it occurs again.

Do you know what type of impact signatures they are? Could they crater impacts or are they defined as something different in the original source?

I have thought, after reading a few different books and looking at all the evidence I have found, that there was probably more than just a couple civilizations that have existed in the past and been wiped out.

It could be possible that the Earth was discovered millions of years ago by a group of aliens. For whatever reason, scientific or self preservation, they may have wanted to seed the planet. In order to do so they may have needed to erradicate the current life - the dinosaurs.

At that point there are several possibilities that could have followed. They could have inhabited the planet and developed a human-like worker for assistance. The worker eventually gained knowledge of their plight and rebelled.

They could have seeded the planet with life. Returned hundreds of thousands of years later they could have been disgusted or disappointed with what they found. Wiped out their creation and started over with an upgraded version.

This could have happened several times. We currently may be, unwittingly, awaiting their return to judge our progress and decide our fate. They may destroy this endeavor and start again.

This could be the reason we see different types of humans in the form of neanderthals, cro-magnon, hom-sapiens, and so on... that is if you don't believe in evolution and could believe that type of theory.

There are some who believe that this is the 6th time an intelligent race has been on the planet, all previous ending in destruction.

I wish I had enough information to be able to theorize more acurrately about this, because it is quite interesting.

I think the only thing that is for sure, 100%, is that we are here now.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

I'm not sure of where I originally landed upon that map and theory. Someone had a theory once about this same thing you described and used craters to show his theory. Basically, all the craters are on land surfaces...most of them in clusters around where major cities are located today. The only place not touched by craters was Greenland.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

That's very curious that Greenland is unscathed. Possibly under ice at the time of impacts, or an outpost for certain groups. If it was an outpost I don't see how it could be effective with nuclear winter and the like, assuming they are nuclear impact sites.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
Have you ever read the book "Battle circle?" A great fiction piece about an elite group that lives in a mountain while a bunch of warriors fight each other in a structured society. One warrior figures it out in the end though.

There is actually some evidence of your theory. Impact points or craters show up on earth everywhere on land except Greenland. Look at the illustration map below.

However what's the evidence that these were from nuclear, rather than meteoritic/asteroidal impacts with the planet like on our Moon and on all the other solid Solar System bodies such as Mercury, Venus, Mars, etc.? And all those listed have widely varying dates of formation, some tens or even hundreds of millions of years in the past all the way up to only a few thousand years ago.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
What if flooding and nuclear weapons have been used more than once in the past as a way to restart the inhabitants of Earth?

That would explain why we have read the story of the flood in many ancient texts and documented from different times. It is thought to be a story that was based on much older event. But what if they were completely different floods at different time’s altogether.

There is evidence of nuclear weapons being used in the past in ancient India and possibly in the bible. What if this planet has had many cycles of advanced intelligent life and many cycles of not so intelligent life?

It is not known for sure what happened to the dinosaurs. What if another unearthly species wiped out ancient inhabitants of earth for some reason and they are helping life restore itself. Kind of like when we bomb places then go in afterwards and rebuild. I’m sure they could wipe out entire species easily and most likely have.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by Digital_Reality]

The problem is that global floods are not something that is very tenable in the geological record. It would leave geological records, that's for sure. Esp. if it happened multiple times. Even small floods leave them. And same goes for nuclear -- you should be able to find evidence of the radioactive release and transmuted isotopes. If a global nuking happened to cause the great extinctions like that of the dinosaurs, you should be able to pick that up on the geologic record -- find a layer at that boundary that shows the isotope deposits from the neutron radiation. How come it hasn't been found yet, esp. when radioisotope testing is done on all sorts of rocks as part of scientific examination? How can you miss that?

And why nuke dinos? As far as I can tell they weren't an advanced species capable of civilizations. And there isn't any evidence of advanced species in the darn geologic record at those times: where's the tools? The buildings? If these were major, globe-spanning civilizations comparable to at least what we have now, or even the amount of regional civilizations we had say 1000 or 2000 years ago, then the evidence should be found down there in the geologic column. Remember that cities and stuff from just a few thousand years ago of our own making are found buried. If they weren't dug up and more dirt was allowed to accumulate on top, I'd bet money that in millions and millions of years at least some of them would still be down there, down in the geologic column, although by that point possibly hardened into the rock.

That's the problem here. Where is the evidence -- evidence that, if this theory is true, one should be able to find????

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
reply to post by esteay812

I'm not sure of where I originally landed upon that map and theory. Someone had a theory once about this same thing you described and used craters to show his theory. Basically, all the craters are on land surfaces...most of them in clusters around where major cities are located today. The only place not touched by craters was Greenland.

To be fair to your post about Greenland having no impact craters let me say this... Have you ever been to Greenland? First, the actual land is mostly almost entirely under a think layer of ice which makes it hard to identify... and second, your map is a map of 'recognized impact structures on earth'.

But hey... There's an impact crater on Svalbard!

[edit on 15-5-2009 by bloodline]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Wow, you've taken the words from my brain and put it into words
thank you so much, I've had the same thoughts forever!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by chillpill

That theory has been doing the rounds for quite some time BTW-alot of the megalith civilization/atlantis concepts gel with it. I for one doubt it-but who knows.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mike3

Well if there was an advanced civilization 7000+ years ago any metals would have dissolved by now. I believe we have found glass in ancient Egypt so that and stone would most likely be the only thing left.

I base my assumption on the premise that whatever inhabitants lived here in the past did not have a population as large as our current one. I don't feel that means however that they were not possibly more advanced than us because they could have received help.

If a global nuking happened to cause the great extinctions like that of the dinosaurs, you should be able to pick that up on the geologic record -- find a layer at that boundary that shows the isotope deposits from the neutron radiation. How come it hasn't been found yet, esp. when radioisotope testing is done on all sorts of rocks as part of scientific examination? How can you miss that?

I dont believe it was a global nuking because like I said I doubt a species has coverd the globe like humans do now.. Maybe it was a more controlled nuke. Im not saying defenativly that a nuke is what actually killed the dinasours but I do think it was not something natural.

A heavy layer of radioactive ash in Rajasthan, India, covers a three-square mile area, ten miles west of Jodhpur. Scientists are investigating the site, where a housing development was being built.

For some time it has been established that there is a very high rate of birth defects and cancer in the area under construction. The levels of radiation there have registered so high on investigators' gauges that the Indian government has now cordoned off the region. Scientists have unearthed an ancient city where evidence shows an atomic blast dating back thousands of years, from 8,000 to 12,000 years, destroyed most of the buildings and probably a half-million people. One researcher estimates that the nuclear bomb used was about the size of the ones dropped on Japan in 1945

Linky

Another link

And another

About the flood story

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Digital_Reality]

top topics

join